Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Black Crowes album

Go down 
+6
A Handful of Wayne
akeldama
James B.
manny
tohostudios
fingers
10 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Best Black Crowes album Empty
PostSubject: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:00 am

very good rock n roll band I have been listening to recently anyway just wandering what their best album is
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:07 am

For me it's Shake Your Moneymaker by miles.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:08 am

I love all their albums, but my favorite is a tie between 'Southern Harmony and Musical Companion' or 'Three Snakes and One Charm' but most of their discography is very solid IMO.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:09 am

Da furst un
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:28 pm

manny wrote:
I love all their albums, but my favorite is a tie between 'Southern Harmony and Musical Companion' or 'Three Snakes and One Charm' but most of their discography is very solid IMO.

My sentiments exactly, TSH&MC is my fave followed closely by 3S&1C
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:15 pm

Shake Your Moneymaker, but they ventured away from that sound over the years.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:01 pm

There was a good one? fainting
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:14 pm

DeathCult wrote:
angry
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:20 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Shake Your Moneymaker, but they ventured away from that sound over the years.

The apparent result of excess cannabis consumption.

They really lost me after the debut. I dig a few songs here or there but overall way too much psychadelia vibe for my tastes.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:42 pm

manny wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
angry

Sorry Manny, I agree with ya on alot of points, but the black crowes sign
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:16 pm

Ooh La La or Goats Head Soup.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:21 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Ooh La La or Goats Head Soup.

Laughing very hard smart ass!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:49 am

By Your Side is my personal favorite. They started getting too hippy-dippy for my tastes, but By Your Side was a rockin' comeback. Either they laid off the bong for that one or they just got better weed. Whatever it was, that album's a cracker (as RattPoison would say)!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:54 am

I've only ever owned SHAKE YOUR MONEYMAKER and THE SOUTHERN HARMONY AND MUSICAL COMPANION by these guys, and haven't heard either of them in years (never upgraded either one to CD). For what it's worth, I remember liking SOUTHERN HARMONY better though they're both pretty good albums.

I saw these guys open for Aerosmith once on the PUMP tour when they were supporting their debut. Didn't know quite what to make of them at first but by the end of the set I was groovin' along and liked'em enough to go buy the MONEYMAKER cassette the next day.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:13 am

Quote :
I saw these guys open for Aerosmith once on the PUMP tour when they were supporting their debut. Didn't know quite what to make of them at first but by the end of the set I was groovin' along and liked'em enough to go buy the MONEYMAKER cassette the next day.

I saw them on that tour too. As well as the ill-fated opening slot for ZZ Top (sponsored by Miller Beer), which they were eventually kicked off after Chris Robinson's nightly rant againt corporate sponsorship.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

I saw them on that tour too. As well as the ill-fated opening slot for ZZ Top (sponsored by Miller Beer), which they were eventually kicked off after Chris Robinson's nightly rant againt corporate sponsorship.

Watching the BC video "Who Shot That Bird On The Windowsill" the other day and Chris in a radio interview made reference to that, he said "ZZ Top are too short to kick anyone off any tour". Laughing

Would loved to have seen the Black Crowes back in the day particuarly with some of the bands they played with like.......The Four Horsemen, Thee Hypnotics, Dogs D'amour etc.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
By Your Side is my personal favorite. They started getting too hippy-dippy for my tastes, but By Your Side was a rockin' comeback. Either they laid off the bong for that one or they just got better weed. Whatever it was, that album's a cracker (as RattPoison would say)!

I think By Your Side is their worst album but it's still a good one though. I really like Welcome To The Goodtimes, I really feel that Chris started to sing less from the heart from this album on.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:10 am

akeldama wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I think By Your Side is their worst album but it's still a good one though. I really like Welcome To The Goodtimes, I really feel that Chris started to sing less from the heart from this album on.

Yea, from what I've heard over the years, By Your Side isn't really a fan favorite in general. It's pretty low-down the list in their discography. Eh, I dunno, I like it. And I'm not a big fan of Southern Harmony..., which seems to be very well-liked.

PostSubject: Re: Best Black Crowes album   Best Black Crowes album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Black Crowes album
Page 1 of 1