Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Black Crowes Officially Disband

Go down 
+5
assault_attack
ZombieHavoc
Eyesore
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Black Crowes Officially Disband Empty
PostSubject: The Black Crowes Officially Disband   The Black Crowes Officially Disband Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 9:50 am

NEW YORK (AP) — The blues-rock band the Black Crowes are fading to black.

Founding member Rich Robinson announced Thursday the group is disbanding after 24 years.

In a statement, he alluded to internal issues between his brother and the band.

"I love my brother and respect his talent but his present demand that I must give up my equal share of the band and that our drummer for 28 years and original partner, Steve Gorman, relinquish 100 percent of his share, reducing him to a salaried employee, is not something I could agree to," Robinson said in the statement.

Robinson, the band's guitarist and songwriter, founded the group with his brother and lead singer, Chris Robinson. An email seeking comment from Chris Robinson wasn't immediately returned. He also fronts the band Chris Robinson Brotherhood.

The Black Crowes released its debut album, "Shake Your Money Maker," in 1990. It went on to sell five million albums and featured the hits "She Talks to Angels" and "Hard to Handle." The band also had success with the follow-up albums "The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion" and "Amorica," but started to fade in the late 90s.

Besides the Robinsons and Gorman, the Black Crowes included bassist Sven Pipien, keyboardist Adam MacDougall and guitarist Jackie Greene.

"I hold my time with the Black Crowes with the utmost respect and sincerest appreciation. It is a huge swath of my life's body of work," Rich Robinson said in the statement. "I couldn't be more proud of what we accomplished and deeply moved by the relationships people created and maintained with my music. That alone is the greatest honor of being a musician."

The Black Crowes' last studio album was 2008's "Warpaint."

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes Officially Disband   The Black Crowes Officially Disband Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 9:54 am

I sorta-kinda thought they were done already anyway. They've gone on "indefinite hiatus" before so I didn't think much of it. And honestly, I kind of gave up on them after their last few albums. They were snoozers.

Quote :
"I love my brother and respect his talent but his present demand that I must give up my equal share of the band and that our drummer for 28 years and original partner, Steve Gorman, relinquish 100 percent of his share, reducing him to a salaried employee, is not something I could agree to," Robinson said in the statement.

I'm calling it now. "Chris Robinson's Black Crowes" and "The Black Crowes featuring Rich Robinson" coming to a dive bar near you. Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes Officially Disband   The Black Crowes Officially Disband Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 9:56 am

I had no idea they were even still together.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes Officially Disband   The Black Crowes Officially Disband Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 10:21 am

[oldschooleyesore]http://www.heartofmetal.net/t17752p25-the-black-crowes#644215[/oldschooleyesore]

The Black Crowes Officially Disband 337331
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes Officially Disband   The Black Crowes Officially Disband Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 10:24 am

Maybe that moneymaker was just no longer shakin'.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes Officially Disband   The Black Crowes Officially Disband Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 4:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Ditto..
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes Officially Disband   The Black Crowes Officially Disband Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 3:23 pm

My closest connection to the Black Crowes these days is listening to Steve Gorman Sports! He's actually an incredibly insightful and rabid sports fan, and his show is very entertaining.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes Officially Disband   The Black Crowes Officially Disband Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 10:23 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
My closest connection to the Black Crowes these days is listening to Steve Gorman Sports! He's actually an incredibly insightful and rabid sports fan, and his show is very entertaining.

I saw that he's got a deal with Fox Sports Radio and a daily 3-hour show. I'm not a sports fan, so I had no idea. Good for him.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes Officially Disband   The Black Crowes Officially Disband Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 10:31 am

that is sad. I really have enjoyed their music.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes Officially Disband   The Black Crowes Officially Disband Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 1:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Me too - I thought the broke up years ago
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes Officially Disband   The Black Crowes Officially Disband Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 10:31 am

Chris Robinson has released his own statement regarding the break-up...

Quote :
Chris Robinson explained to Billboard.com that he's upset about the split, but content to "keep my personal, private family business personal and private, and I'll focus on all the other things that are important." He continued: "The ideas, I think, are more important than the drama. I have too much stuff going on that's progressive and positive to dig through sordid family history and stuff. I don't think that's interesting at all — maybe in a tabloid kind of culture we live in, but I've never been part of that. I've never dealt with my personal, private life in a public forum, so I'm not going to drag myself though the mire now."

Chris added: "THE BLACK CROWES is so much time and it's so complicated, and then you mix family and whatever that is into it… To me it's just sad and it's disappointing and it's unfortunate that on the 25th anniversary, whether the band is working or not, that it's not about the songs and the good times people had at those concerts."

Interesting that he doesn't dis-spell his brother's accusations of being a greedy d*ckhead, huh?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes Officially Disband   The Black Crowes Officially Disband Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 1:17 pm

I suppose they could always forget Chris and start a new band " The Dark Ravens"..... The Black Crowes Officially Disband 309780
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Black Crowes Officially Disband   The Black Crowes Officially Disband Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Black Crowes Officially Disband
Page 1 of 1