Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvel or DC?

Go down 
+18
EvyMetal
GrandNational
XYZ
SlaytanicPOWER
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
DeathCult
manny
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
SideShowDisaSter
Stender
Metal Misfit
Svengo
sheets
Glenn Rogers
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:31 pm

007 wrote:
I haven't read comic books in years but I was always a Marvel fan. Better characters,stories,art,etc. I never liked Superman until the Byrne revamp (too powerful,convoluted,boring)

I really like Superman through the 60s and 70s because they usually did the craziest stories with him, stuff they quit doing in the late 80s because they were too embarassed to be silly. There's this one story I love called "Superman's New Power" in which he's hit with red krytonite and randomly gets a new power. Except instead of something obvious like deathrays coming out of his mouth, it turns out the new power is actually a mute, miniature Superman that shoots out of big Superman's palm. And then the li'l Superman starts going around saving people and the big Superman starts getting jealous and begins plotting to kill him because he feels inadequate. It's absolutely hilarious and yet oddly poignant at the same time Smile
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:51 pm

Bump for DC
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:36 pm

Probably DC because of Superman and Batman.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 1:56 am

Marvel eats DC. How can you compete with the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men and its many spin-off groups, all the individual characters that have stood the test of time like the Hulk, Wolverine, Spider-man, Thor, Iron Man, etc? Besides Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern, there aren't that many interesting characters that grabbed me as a child. JLA is a lame group, kind of like Avengers light.

I never bought any DC comics as a child, but many Marvel's ones for sure.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:39 pm

Marvel all the way. The first comics I read were Spider-Man, X-Men, and The Punisher. They're just so good.

One thing about DC that I hate is Superman. I can't stand him.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:59 pm

Bumpin' this cuz we were discussing DC's "Jonah Hex" (and the forthcoming movie) in this thread awhile back ... here's a first look at the movie's teaser poster...

Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Jonah-hex

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Bumpin' this cuz we were discussing DC's "Jonah Hex" (and the forthcoming movie) in this thread awhile back ... here's a first look at the movie's teaser poster...

Hmmm, interesting I wander what direction they went with the character for the movie. I guess there's at least a couple ways they could go depending on what era of the comic they're drawing from.

I guess Brolin might be ok in the role even though he's not who I might have pictured for it. Megan Fox on the other hand, eye candy though she may be, just sucks as an actress.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:38 pm

Svengo wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Hmmm, interesting I wander what direction they went with the character for the movie. I guess there's at least a couple ways they could go depending on what era of the comic they're drawing from.

I guess Brolin might be ok in the role even though he's not who I might have pictured for it. Megan Fox on the other hand, eye candy though she may be, just sucks as an actress.

It's being billed as a "horror western" so I'm assuming it'll be more in line with the Vertigo Jonah Hex books... which would be fine with me, those first couple of JH mini series they did (TWO GUN MOJO and RIDERS OF THE WORM AND SUCH) kick ass...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Svengo wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

It's being billed as a "horror western" so I'm assuming it'll be more in line with the Vertigo Jonah Hex books... which would be fine with me, those first couple of JH mini series they did (TWO GUN MOJO and RIDERS OF THE WORM AND SUCH) kick ass...
I've only really read the older Jonah Hex stuff so I may read a few of the newer series just to get a feel for it.

I'm glad now to see more of the lesser known DC owned characters getting films now because it gives me hope for some of my other favorites to make it as well. Here's hoping that long rumored Pastic Man film finally gets made. :goodluck:
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:35 am

Not familiar with Jonah Hex at all, but I read that Mastadon is scoring the music for the movie, for anyone that cares.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:35 pm

Marvel.

I used to read X-Men, Avengers, Daredevil, Captain America, Iron Man, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Hulk and more. Haven't bought a comic book in like fifteen years now, but I still have two large bags full of them at my parents' place. I should revisit them sometime. I bet it'd be fun.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:05 am

I change my vote to Darkhorse

For this comic and novel series alone kicks a plethora of butt (note: this is what the film of a similar name bastardized!)

Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Avp1

Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Prey
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:08 am

Troo dat, SP...If the first "AvP" movie had followed the plot of that first mini series from Dark Horse, it would've been the most badass monster mash movie EVER,

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:50 am

Freddy, I never read the later day Jonah Hex series that DC published under their Vertigo label, I am going to check them out. Hopefully their is trailer or teaser for the upcoming Jonah Hex film, used to love the original comic book series that ran in the 70's and 80's.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

the band mastodon is scoring the music to this film.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:09 pm

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:

For this comic and novel series alone kicks a plethora of butt (note: this is what the film of a similar name [i]bastardized!)

Darkhorse is indeed an excellent company. They do a good job with the Star Wars license as well as having some great series such as the Umbrella Academy, Gigantic, Hellboy, and one of my favorites Usagi Yojimbo.
Marvel or DC? - Page 2 12755
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:16 pm

Svengo wrote:
SlaytanicPOWER wrote:

For this comic and novel series alone kicks a plethora of butt (note: this is what the film of a similar name [i]bastardized!)

Darkhorse is indeed an excellent company. They do a good job with the Star Wars license as well as having some great series such as the Umbrella Academy, Gigantic, Hellboy, and one of my favorites Usagi Yojimbo.
Marvel or DC? - Page 2 12755

Wasn't Usagi a character on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

Darkhorse kicks asss.

My second fav. comic series is the Aliens: Colonial Marines (OORAH!)

Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Alcm
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:25 pm

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:
Wasn't Usagi a character on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

He made a few appearances in TNMT comics and cartoons mostly because it made the creator, Stan Sakai, a bit more money at the time. He's been doing Usagi for over 20 years now and it's still one of the best comics out there. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:01 pm

sam wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Really? That's facinating!! Where did you hear that?

Spoiler:

Razz Razz Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:13 pm

Usagi Yojimbo rocks! I believe he also met Groo the Wanderer years back (Stan Sakai was Groo's letterer for many years)

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:17 pm

My last comics were somewhere in the mid-80's, but as a Spidey guy, I guess I'm a Marvel fan.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
sam wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Really? That's facinating!! Where did you hear that?

Spoiler:

Razz Razz Razz

that's what happens when you jump into the middle of a conversation I suppose.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:50 pm

I like them both for differant characters I dont think I could pick one over the other
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel or DC?   Marvel or DC? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marvel or DC?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2