Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee

Go down 
+10
the sentinel
Thelemech
Troublezone
nevermore
martinsane
Lari
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 2:08 pm

R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Stan_lee

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/stan-lee-marvel-comics-legend-721450

Stan Lee of Marvel Comics fame passed away today at the ripe ol' age of 95.

I am seriously bummed.  I may not be the comics fanboy I once was, but the man's contributions to the medium - and pop culture in general - continue to have a profound effect on me and millions of others. His work will be remembered for a long, long time.

R.I.P, Stan the Man. Excelsior!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 2:23 pm

^^ Freddy, you took the words right out of my mouth. That is truly depressing news. RIP Stan, you'll never be forgotten. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 3:07 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 3:37 pm

R.I.P. Thanks for the imagination, it helped brighten the days.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 3:50 pm

No need to feel bummed. He lived to be 95. And his contributions are well recorded.

Thanks for all the fun and exciting stories, Stan.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 4:36 pm

Just saw this and it is depressing to get old and watch our idols and mentors pass. Yes 95 is a long and fruitful life, RIP Stan.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 8:20 pm

R.I.P. Stan
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 3:25 am

I can't say I was much of a comic book reader or collector, but I enjoyed watching the old Spider-Man and other Marvel related cartoons on Saturday mornings. Stan lived a nice long life and was around to see the lasting success of his creation.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 11:57 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Rest In Peace, sir. What a truly awesome talent he was.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 9:47 pm

I was a huge comic book fan as a kid (probably been 20 years since I picked up a comic). Spider-Man was always one of my favourites! Smile Even though I don't read comics anymore, I'm still there in the theater for each MCU release Wink

RIP Stan

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 4:01 am

RIP
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 1:47 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 12:56 pm

I finally saw Avengers: Infinity War over the holidays and couldn't help but smile when I saw Stan's cameo appearance as the school bus driver. (My 11 year old even went "Staaaaaaaan!" Haha.)

I read that Stan had already filmed his cameos for the next several Marvel films prior to his passing, so we'll probably see him pop up next year in Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame at the very least.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2019 1:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I finally saw Avengers: Infinity War over the holidays and couldn't help but smile when I saw Stan's cameo appearance as the school bus driver. (My 11 year old even went "Staaaaaaaan!" Haha.)

I had the same reaction the other night watching 'Black Panther'.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2019 2:47 pm

He even has a cameo in the PS4 Spider-Man game. I thought that was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2019 3:31 pm

007 wrote:
He even has a cameo in the PS4 Spider-Man game. I thought that was pretty cool.

His image was used in a cameo in 'Wreck It Ralph 2' as well. He didn't speak, but it was clearly a Stan the Man avatar.

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee    R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee
Page 1 of 1