Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019

Go down 
+11
martinsane
Citanul
manny
SideShowDisaSter
corplhicks
GrandNational
thejokeriv
Lari
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 4:05 pm

The upcoming Avengers and Ant-Man movies won't be near the last coming from Marvel Studios....

Also....

Captain America 3: Civil War – May 6, 2016 (with Iron Man)

Doctor Strange – Nov. 6, 2016 (possibly starring Benedict Cumberbatch)

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 – May 5, 2017

Thor: Ragnarok – July 28, 2018

Black Panther – Nov. 3, 2017

The Avengers 3 – Infinity War: Part 1 – May 4, 2018

Captain Marvel – July 6, 2018 (Their first feature built around a female superhero)

Inhumans – Nov. 2, 2018

The Avengers 3 – Infinity War: Part 2 – 2019

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 4:38 pm

S.D. wrote:

Captain Marvel – July 6, 2018  (Their first feature built around a female superhero)

Interesting choice. All the female super heroes they have at their disposal and that's the one they're going with.

Although I guess I could see the appeal. Wink

Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Linda-Le-MsMarvel-2

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 4:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Captain Marvel – July 6, 2018  (Their first feature built around a female superhero)

Interesting choice. All the female super heroes they have at their disposal and that's the one they're going with.

Although I guess I could see the appeal. Wink

Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Linda-Le-MsMarvel-2

How many female superheroes do they actually own the rights to is the question. They have Black Widow, I'm really surprised they didn't go that route since they have already established Johansson in that character. The Fantastic Four is off-limits because the rights are owned by a different studio. I'm drawing a blank on other female superheroes....

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Quote :
Doctor Strange – Nov. 6, 2016 (possibly starring Benedict Cumberbatch)

Well, there's one I can safely skip. Even when I was a diehard card carryin' Marvelite and all around comic collecting geek, I couldn't stand Doctor Strange. Next to the Sub-Mariner, he was my least favorite character in the Marvel Universe.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:25 pm

I have never read a Marvel or DC comic all the way through in my entire life. I only know these characters through the various cartoons, tv movies and theatrical films that have come out since the 70s.

When the movie Iron Man was first announced I thought "they are making a movie based on the Black Sabbath song?"

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:51 pm

Infinity War? Is that not supposed to essentially feature ALL of Marvel's biggest names? Like the X-Men, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Fantastic Four etc? I think we'll see some half-assed version of it, with just the Avengers cast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 6:12 pm

Feige already announced that the titles "Civil War" and "Infinity War" while being influenced by the comics will exist wholly within the film Marvel universe they have created so far.  

Remember....they do not own the rights to Fantastic Four, Spider-Man or X-Men.  So you will not be seeing any characters from those series.

Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Marvel-Characters-Movie-Studio-Ownership
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 7:31 pm

By the way, if I'm not mistaken, the lovely female cosplayer posted above is Ms. Marvel, not Captain Marvel... I seem to remember the Avengers' "Captain" was an African-American woman.
But then, I've been out of the loop for awhile so I could be mistaken...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 7:37 pm

Ignore my earlier comments....apparently at some point when I wasn't paying attention, the "black" Captain Marvel changed her superhero name to "Photon" or some such thing, and Blondie up there got promoted from "Ms." to "Captain."
Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Captain_Marvel_special_1

...just in case anybody cares..

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 7:48 pm

Actually, I'd like to see a movie made out of THIS "Captain Marvel," a short lived ripoff from the mid 1960s... he was an android built by aliens who could separate his body parts and launch them in different directions by shouting "SPLIT!" and then re-assemble himself by saying "XAM!"

Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Split3

TELL me you wouldn't pay to see this turned into a movie: Laughing very hard

...I nominate Nicolas Cage to play him.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 9:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
By the way, if I'm not mistaken, the lovely female cosplayer posted above is Ms. Marvel, not Captain Marvel... I seem to remember the Avengers' "Captain" was an African-American woman.
But then, I've been out of the loop for awhile so I could be mistaken...

Honestly, when I saw Captain Marvel, this was the first image that popped into my mind...
Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Marvel

...aka Shazam. Then I thought, "Oh wait, he's a girl now? And he's DC" I had to look it up.

There is also this Captain Marvel...
Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Captain_Marvel_32-01-FC

...who was also apparently a woman at some point as well...
Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Captain-marvel

...along with the black woman and the limb-less freak you mentioned. So take your guess as to which one gets a movie deal.

By the way, if you image search these comic book charaters with the safe search disabled, you'll find lots of images of these characters doing things that go far beyond the limits of the Comic Code Authority. Yowza!! affraid

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 9:35 pm

Looking forward to a good chunk of those films..... some will be "wait for DVD", like Dr Strange, Black Panther..... but how knows, if the trailer impresses me I might check them out in the theater
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 10:00 pm

Hope they all turn out awesome. Don't know if anyone posted this, but last week DC announced their upcoming movies. I'm a way bigger Marvel fan than DC, but I know I'll check out all of these when they come out:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" (2016)
"Suicide Squad" (2016)
"Wonder Woman" (2017)
"Justice League Part One" (2017)
"The Flash" (2018)
"Aquaman" (2018)
"Shazam" (2019) (Captain Marvel)
"Justice League Part Two" (2019)
"Cyborg" (2020)
"Green Lantern" (2020) (hope the re-boot does GL some justice)

The Suicide Squad movie sounds interesting.

Anyone know if Deadpool is still a possibility?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 10:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

...who was also apparently a woman at some point as well...
Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Captain-marvel

That is the version they are making into the movie.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 11:45 pm

That DC list GN posted has me way more excited, but I was never much of a Marvel fan. There was always something rather, I dunno...complicated about their story threads. I could jump in The Flash or any Superman storyline and not be confused. With Marvel I always felt I was behind.

Yay for The Flash. It's about f*cking time he got his own movie and not just some CW show. They better do an epic job with it.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 6:45 am

On Deadpool, my understanding is that it's finally been given the green light. The "leaked" footage (which was all mo-cap CG) apparently got a lot a buzz going.

I really hope they don't stuff up the Batman vs. Superman movie. The scene from Frank Miller's Batman is one of my all time favorites, when those two slug it out.

I was never much of a Flash or Aquaman fan, so those two don't do much for me. Same with Wonder Woman. The others have potential, though.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 8:04 am

I am more looking forward to the DC movies then the Marvel films, because as a kid I prefered DC.

But being a former comic book geekester, I am sure I will go see most, if not all of these films, thou aren't the studios worried about over saturating the market with superhero flicks?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 8:37 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Honestly, when I saw Captain Marvel, this was the first image that popped into my mind...

...aka Shazam. Then I thought, "Oh wait, he's a girl now? And he's DC" I had to look it up.

Yeah, there's been around seventeen thousand "Captain Marvels" over the years. Very Happy

The "Shazam" guy was the first, published by Fawcett Comics in the 40s. D.C. Comics (who were then known as National Periodical Publications) took Fawcett to court, saying he was just a copy of Superman. The court eventually found in DC's favor and they were awarded ownership of the Captain Marvel character, who they promptly buried in their vaults.

By the mid 1960s DC had apparently failed to maintain their copy right to the name "Captain Marvel" so it lapsed, which led to the robot "SPLIT!" guy from a rival publisher (who quickly went out of business).

Marvel Comics intro'd their own "Captain Marvel" a few years after that guy, but they made sure that they owned that name lock stock and barrel, forever and ever Amen, which is why the DC guy now has to go by "Shazam!"

Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 8:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
When Marvel Comics intro'd their own "Captain Marvel" a few years after that they made sure that they owned that name lock stock and barrel, which is why the DC guy now goes by "Shazam!"

I don't know how true it is, but apparently Marvel had to keep putting out a comic with the "Captain Marvel" title every so often or run the risk of losing the rights to do so. That could be why there have been so many different versions as it makes sense not to try another series with the same version of the character as the one that ended up being cancelled.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 9:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yeah, there's been around seventeen thousand "Captain Marvels" over the years. Very Happy

The "Shazam" guy was the first, published by Fawcett Comics in the 40s. D.C. Comics (who were then known as National Periodical Publications) took Fawcett to court, saying he was just a copy of Superman. The court eventually found in DC's favor and they were awarded ownership of the Captain Marvel character, who they promptly buried in their vaults.

By the mid 1960s DC had apparently failed to maintain their copy right to the name "Captain Marvel" so it lapsed, which led to the robot "SPLIT!" guy from a rival publisher (who quickly went out of business).

Marvel Comics intro'd their own "Captain Marvel" a few years after that guy, but they made sure that they owned that name lock stock and barrel, forever and ever Amen, which is why the DC guy now has to go by "Shazam!"

That's fascinating! I remember Shazam well from comics and a load of ViewMaster discs my Grandma had lying around. Never knew this complicated history behind him tho.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 10:32 am

They need to get Adrian Grenier to play Aquaman.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 10:33 am

The Shazam/Capt Marvel split always confused me as a kid...... I didn't read a ton of comics, but I liked both DC and Marvel...

As far as the movies, the MCU films interested me more than the DCU films at this point. I will see Batman V Superman in the theaters. I liked Man of Steel, while it was better than Superman Returns, it wasn't great. It was fun to watch in the theater, but didn't hold up as well on a second viewing. I think the problems had more to do with it being yet another retelling of the Superman origin story - I guess today's teens and kids that didn't grow up with Richard Donner's flick probably liked it more than I did. It seems they tried to take the "darker" aspects of Nolan's Batman and turn into today's video game style action flick.

I'm sure BvS will have a huge opening weekend - hopefully it's good..... if not, I would expect a quick BO drop off in the US. As long as Marvel Studios can keep up the quality of their films, the'll win the box office battle.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:25 am

Lari wrote:
They need to get Adrian Grenier to play Aquaman.

It's my understanding that they've already cast Jason Momoa from 'Game of Thrones' to play Aquaman.

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:44 am

Here is the next 5 years in comic book movies from all movie studios: 32 movies already on the schedule with several more titles waiting in the wings.

Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 CA_Supermovies_10-28-2014-2

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 5:02 pm

S.D. wrote:
Here is the next 5 years in comic book movies from all movie studios:  32 movies already on the schedule with several more titles waiting in the wings.  

Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 CA_Supermovies_10-28-2014-2

Any bets on the failures on that list yet? Looks like a bit of Overkill (not the band) to me on the super hero genre.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019   Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marvel announces release dates for films thru 2019
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next