Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...

Go down 
+38
fingers
metalhead777
Trial by Fire
Jedilink
7thSaviour
Dave the Boss
krokus
kmorg
Leatherface
James B.
MetalFRO
manny
Stender
tohostudios
akeldama
jstate
SAHB Healer
Troublezone
7thSecond
XYZ
Schbopo
metalmaniac122
sam
Glenn Rogers
SlaytanicPOWER
DeathCult
Temple of Blood
sheets
Wicked Rick
mc666
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
stevegarveyfan
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
Hamer12
thejokeriv
ultmetal
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:13 am

manny wrote:
90's alternative rock bands such as Nine Inch Nails and Tool get very little spin time .

I have Undertow on CD and I don't think I've played it in 10 years.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:57 pm

detuned wrote:
I've always gone through "phases", even with bands that I love. Sometimes I won't listen to them for years, but then all of a sudden get a craving and want to hear everything in their catalog.

The only bands I can think of at the moment are Tool, Soundgarden, Ministry who fall into the "never listen to anymore" category.

Thats happens to me too. I didnt play my ANVIL albums for years and now that they are talking about them so much, i listen to all their albums again recently.
I didnt play OVERKILL for a long time or STRYPER, ATTACK, KIX, MANOWAR, HELIX, MSG etc...but anytime i can start having a attack and i start listening to them again.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:48 pm

Haven't listened to Sodom for a couple of years now. Still like 'em though. Agent Orange and In The Sign Of Evil are monsters.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:53 pm

Queensryche
I recently bought American Soldier but am not even interested enough to actually listen to it. They turned their back on Atlanta and the Southeast by not booking a gig here on this tour. i am just about finished with them. too bad, really. My Ryche band rating today? 6/10
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:17 pm

I used to listen to Tourniquet, Mortification, and Deliverance all the time...but not as much anymore...although oddly enough EACH of these bands has popped up here recently. Plus Morty DID just put out a new album so I'll have to check that out. Oh and Tourniquet........WHERE'S THE NEXT ALBUM ALREADY?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
Trial by Fire
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Trial by Fire

Number of posts : 271

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:33 pm

I'm ashamed to say that I hardly listen to any of the bands I used to swear by several years ago, including:

Anthrax (I never really liked anything post Belladonna)

Testament (I'll probably revisit them eventually, but they don't really offer anything that Metallica didn't do better and earlier)

Pantera (I just grew out of them I think, they grew continuously worse, and relied on the shock value of rage. Plus the epic shattyness of Damageplan made me reconsider my feelings toward DBD as a guitarist)

Children of Bodom (They got consistently worse, but the early stuff is still play worthy)

Sepultura (BtR, Arise, and Chaos AD still get a rare spin and 'Roots' gets an even rarer spin. The rest is soon to be sold.)

Machine Head (The only consistently good album is The Blackening, the rest is repetetive and boring. I can't even get through a whole album without riding the skip button.)

Overkill (I can't believe I even used to like these guys, I find them insanely boring and stock. Sure, they stick to their guns throughout their career, but I don't see this as a good thing, in fact I see it as their worst trait)

My lack of interest in these bands is a reflection of my overall feelings these days towards most metal in general with it's lack of diversity and tendancy of band stagnation, which has resulted in my general distancing from the metal genre. I still love heavy music and it will always be my preference, but the notion of metal by itself is something that I don't know if I will ever fully appreciate again or associate with because I feel it's gained inhibiting limitations and expectations and grown stale in it's current form. Metal as metal has been done so much by bad and unoriginal bands to the point where it has bastardized the old stuff. I won't even begin to express how I feel about the new wave of thrash bands, but I'll say that I'm shocked that more people aren't absolutely appalled at the lack of self identity and growth by these bands and that it's insulting to everyone's intelligence that these bands can even exist with even the most moderate success. However, when bands step outside the apparent guidelines of metal, I'm all ears. It's not always going to work, but at least it won't be ripping off the forefathers and tarnishing the progress of the art of heavy or 'metal' music.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:10 pm

becoming the archetype was one of the bigest parts of the death metal phase iv been in for about a year now and now i may only listen to a song or two ever once in a while.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:18 pm

Trial by Fire wrote:
I'm ashamed to say that I hardly listen to any of the bands I used to swear by several years ago, including:

Anthrax (I never really liked anything post Belladonna)

Testament (I'll probably revisit them eventually, but they don't really offer anything that Metallica didn't do better and earlier)

Pantera (I just grew out of them I think, they grew continuously worse, and relied on the shock value of rage. Plus the epic shattyness of Damageplan made me reconsider my feelings toward DBD as a guitarist)

Children of Bodom (They got consistently worse, but the early stuff is still play worthy)

Sepultura (BtR, Arise, and Chaos AD still get a rare spin and 'Roots' gets an even rarer spin. The rest is soon to be sold.)

Machine Head (The only consistently good album is The Blackening, the rest is repetetive and boring. I can't even get through a whole album without riding the skip button.)

Overkill (I can't believe I even used to like these guys, I find them insanely boring and stock. Sure, they stick to their guns throughout their career, but I don't see this as a good thing, in fact I see it as their worst trait)

My lack of interest in these bands is a reflection of my overall feelings these days towards most metal in general with it's lack of diversity and tendancy of band stagnation, which has resulted in my general distancing from the metal genre. I still love heavy music and it will always be my preference, but the notion of metal by itself is something that I don't know if I will ever fully appreciate again or associate with because I feel it's gained inhibiting limitations and expectations and grown stale in it's current form. Metal as metal has been done so much by bad and unoriginal bands to the point where it has bastardized the old stuff. I won't even begin to express how I feel about the new wave of thrash bands, but I'll say that I'm shocked that more people aren't absolutely appalled at the lack of self identity and growth by these bands and that it's insulting to everyone's intelligence that these bands can even exist with even the most moderate success. However, when bands step outside the apparent guidelines of metal, I'm all ears. It's not always going to work, but at least it won't be ripping off the forefathers and tarnishing the progress of the art of heavy or 'metal' music.

I used to listen the hell outta Anthrax and Sepultura both. Especially earlier in college.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:39 am

Back in 1999 when I got into metal I listened to alot of bands I wouldn't listen to today like Rage Against the machine which are actually not a bad band just don't listen to them anymore, Static X I haven't listened to them since 2001, Rammstein a band I used to like but now see them as a weak Ministry wannabe band with stupid lyrics. Fear Factory lost interest in them when they broke up but I still do listen to Soul of a New Machine and Concrete once in a while, Alice in Chains got into them the same week Layne Stayley died by watching the Alice in Chains special on Rage but I do listen to Facelift once in a while but prefer My Sister's machine 🤘 , Bon Jovi I was a huge fan of them when I was 17/18 and listened to Slippery When Wet constantly and they are actually some good songs like Let it Rock, Wanted Dead or Alive, etc but YGLABN and LOAP get on my nerves since they are overplayed lost interest in them after that. Don't listen to much of Pantera's Post Cowboys From Hell stuff much anymore lost interest in them back in 2003 which was strange because they were my favourite band of 2001 and I actually had the chance of seeing them live in concert around that time with COC opening for them. Don't listen to Metallica frequently like I did before St Anger came out I had like 50 metallica bootlegs and listening to them constantly but when St Anger it put me off Metallica and that's where I found Megadeth since a mate of mine who was working at my local cd store recommended it to me and told which were the best cds of megadeth's. Also listened to Slipknob when I was 15 something I don't look back at all fondly I remember I was in Adelaide for the day and Slipknob's Iowa had just come out and I went to the local CD store in the mall and they had that album in the used bin for $2 as a cassette got it and liked at the first few months but stopped listening to it 6 months later. Then when I was 19 I had a few metalheads over at my house cranking up the metal at nuclear volume and we got pissed and one of them payed me out for having the Iowa album I then said "gimme the cassette!" he handed it over to me and I scrunched it up into little pieces chucked it into the toilet and flushed it down said to him "We all make mistakes!" lol! . But they are not all bad don't mind some of the songs of the new album and Duality and they encouraged the alternative/grunge audience back around 2000 to get into metal. But the screaming really puts me off, have bland repetitive riffs and have a bloody DJ :eyesore: . But the drummer certainly is really good though and they certainly are WAY better than Trivium :eyesore: , Bullet for My Valentine, Avenged Strength Hold, Devil Driver and most of that metalcore filth that is around.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:24 am

Most of these ill spin once in awhile

Guns N Roses
Barren Cross
Whitecross
Nirvana
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:36 am

detuned wrote:
manny wrote:
90's alternative rock bands such as Nine Inch Nails and Tool get very little spin time .

I have Undertow on CD and I don't think I've played it in 10 years.
It's the best Tool album
Back to top Go down
Am I Evil?
Metal student
Metal student
Am I Evil?

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:53 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
mc666 wrote:
don't listen to Megadeth much anymore. still love the first 4 albums though.

What he said
2nd of that
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:42 pm

I'd add Crue as well.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:06 am

slayer - used to love slayer but now they just dont interest me.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 11:11 pm

mago de OZ, I used to enjoy this band but after they got popular on my country, radio and friends killed it for me. It's been like 6 years and I haven't feel the mood to listen to them

KISS, when I was a kid I admired them, but I haven't listem to them ever since, I guess I need to find some copies and see what happens from there

Rammstein, I have lost the interest

Deftones, I don't know what I used to like about their music, it sucks

Korn, It was one of those bands I used to dig a lot, but It's been since 2002 that I haven't listen their music
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 7:20 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MESSIAH PROPHET - Master of the Metal
Loved this album back in the day. Now I find it almost completely unlistenable for some reason.

The Title track is always great though.

I rarely listen to Tesla anymore. Used to really like them.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 7:21 pm

A lot of CCM bands. I grew up on that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3