Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...

Go down 
+38
fingers
metalhead777
Trial by Fire
Jedilink
7thSaviour
Dave the Boss
krokus
kmorg
Leatherface
James B.
MetalFRO
manny
Stender
tohostudios
akeldama
jstate
SAHB Healer
Troublezone
7thSecond
XYZ
Schbopo
metalmaniac122
sam
Glenn Rogers
SlaytanicPOWER
DeathCult
Temple of Blood
sheets
Wicked Rick
mc666
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
stevegarveyfan
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
Hamer12
thejokeriv
ultmetal
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:26 pm

The Big 4 of Thrash
Pantera (Post Cowboys From Hell)
The Big 3 of Germany
Cannibal Corpse, Death, Deicide, Morbid Angel (cant wait for their release coming up!!! Very Happy)
-------------------------
I'm pretty burn't out on most thrash metal (save Bonded By Blood). The aforementioned I used to listen to almost every day.

I'm moving into the Tech/Brutal Death stuff and some Black Metal like Panzerchrist, Deeds of Flesh, Hate Eternal, Goatwhore, etc
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 1:31 pm

DREAM THEATER just keep regularly cranking out uninspired material. They need Kevin Moore back and to take some time (years perhaps) to concentrate on writing and arrangements, which is what lead to "Images and Words" in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:33 pm

Led Zeppelin, Metallica and Anthrax

I dont even have any cd's of Metallica. After my tapes were worn out I never upgraded.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:46 pm

Exodus
Megadeth
Metallica
Symphony X
Ultimatum
Opeth
etc...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:27 pm

Its been a long time since I listened to any slayer.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Pearl Jam. I used to play "Ten" almost constantly. Just kind of got burnt out on them.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:07 pm

Queen

Still like them; I just listened to them too much back in the day.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:13 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Grim Reaper - had See You In Hell and the second one and loved them back in HS, but never seemed to add them to CD
I've got both of them on a single cd release. And the second one was Fear No Evil by the way. You're really missing out. Sadly they just don't make'em like that anymore. Bands that I haven't listened to in awhile would be, Well Hell there really ain't none with all of them on my iPod. Now I admit I don't enjoy some bands as much as I used to but they ALL still get played some.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:17 pm

I used to listen to Pantera, ST and Overkill all the time but not so much recently. But once in awhile i get a craving.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:19 pm

Now that I think about it, other than occasional spins of AGAINST THE LAW, I rarely listen to Stryper anymore. I listened to all of the earlier stuff so often growing up that I think I've burned myself out on those records.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:19 pm

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:

I'm moving into the Tech/Brutal Death stuff and some Black Metal like Panzerchrist, Deeds of Flesh, Hate Eternal, Goatwhore, etc

goatwhore is awesome! 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:48 pm

Goatwhore rules!!!! Solient Green is awesome too.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:55 pm

As I said elsewhere there was a time as a teenager when I only had maybe 50 albums, and some of them just got burnt out. I still like them but I'd just rather listen to something less familiar now. It's sad. Here are some of them.

Van Halen I & II
Nugent- Free For All
Black Sabbath- Paranoid
Jethro Tull- Aqualung

The good thing is that some bands including UFO and Deep Purple have come back to life somewhat for me, and I'm just now trying to (selectively) regain my tolerance for Zeppelin.
The odd thing is that there were other albums that I've played right along the whole time and never gotten sick of. I really don't understand why I got sick of some great albums but not others.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:12 pm

Enuff Z' Nuff, Extreme, and Hammerfall. I'd also say Iced Earth is rapidly falling into this category.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:26 pm

Iron Maiden
Lynyrd Skynyrd (everytime I even hear a song of theirs I change it or leave.)
Disciple
Tesla
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:39 pm

Two bands immediately come to mind:

Nightwish and Blind Guardian

Both bands have become too pretentious in their current incarnations for my tastes and in the case of Nightwish, losing Tarja lost the band what made them unique IMO. Now NW sound like a half-dozen other female fronted bands doing the same thing.

And BG needs to go back to the style of pre-NIghtfall and stop trying to be a heavy metal version of Queen IMO.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:57 pm

Primus.

This band I would like to say got me into intelligent music back in 8th grade but I cant really remember the last time I listened to an album. Good times with frizzle fry and pork soda though, I remember the summer I moved to mexico, the entire drive from Florence Oregon to Carmen serdan I listened to frizzle fry never once getting tired of it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:22 pm

Most of the bands I would list would be non metal bands/artist that I still like but very rarely feel compelled to throw them on such as The Cranberries, Blind Melon, R.E.M., and host of others, when I throw them on I enjoy them but very rarely do they get a spin.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:27 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MESSIAH PROPHET - Master of the Metal
Loved this album back in the day. Now I find it almost completely unlistenable for some reason.

I'd take if off your hands Very Happy

I'd have to say Metallica - I love the first 5 or 6 albums, and came very close to buying "Death Magnetic" at least twice, but in recent months I haven't purposely spun Metallica albums more than once. I played them on my iPod during a long trip for work, but otherwise, only the random song on shuffle mode gets through. I spun Metallica a TON during high school and early in my married life, so I suspect it's like everyone else - I got a tad burnt out on the stuff after years of listening to it day after day. However, when I spun them a few weeks back for that trip, I was rockin' out full-on, and it brought back memories of my lame friends & I during high school, cruising around to Metallica even though it was "old news" at that point Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:46 pm

Mungo Jerry
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:09 am

Motley Crue, Ratt, Korkus and Def Leppard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:53 am

Twisted Sister. You Can't Stop Rock 'n Roll was one of the greatest 80's metal albums. other than that one they get no play from me. the rest is MTV garbage.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:34 am

Many of the classic bands, and even most of my favorites, including Savatage, Kiss, Iron Maiden, Metallica and so forth. I have so many new CD's I haven't even opened yet, so listening to the classics is not a priority.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:32 am

90's alternative rock bands such as Nine Inch Nails and Tool get very little spin time .
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 10:55 am

mc666 wrote:
Twisted Sister. You Can't Stop Rock 'n Roll was one of the greatest 80's metal albums. other than that one they get no play from me. the rest is MTV garbage.

Im almost in the same boat as you here Monty, but I still spin Under The Blade alot too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...   Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands you use to love but don't listen to much anymore...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next