Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heaven and Hell released today!!!!

Go down 
+23
MetalH
Wargod
iamrockerfun
Dave the Boss
Lari
powermacho
sam
mez
manny
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
7thSaviour
thejokeriv
Troublezone
Rex
candlemass
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
JBall_Z
XYZ
mc666
BillRoxx
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:58 am

Really liking it so far, the only track not really sticking with me is atom and evil, otherwise great stuff. Dio is sounding a little like his age though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:08 pm

I think Dio still sounds great, the only song that sounds like it's a little outside his comfort zone is "Turn Of The Screw" (one of the weaker tracks anyway)...he's stretching a little on that one.

Been listening to this album quite a few times this week, I have to say it's a grower and I'm enjoying it more each time I hear it.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:09 pm

sam wrote:
Dio is sounding a little like his age though.

Perhaps, but still damn good! Dio
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:16 pm

sadly i cant afford to buy this album or any other album for that matter anymore
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:29 pm

I ordered it online, and should get it (along with some other items) in a couple of weeks. According to an e-mail, the package has already shipped out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:46 am

I've been thinking about getting it, but there a so many milestone albums out there that I still don't have. I think this album will wait for awhile.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:40 am

add 2. in my opinion it is forgetable album. wout strong memorable songs.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:35 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
add 2. in my opinion it is forgetable album. wout strong memorable songs.

That can't really be said this early, the test of time will determine that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:29 pm

same with best of album with couple of new songs. they were good, but who remember them ? nobody.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:00 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
same with best of album with couple of new songs. they were good, but who remember them ? nobody.

I do.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:10 pm

I was going to pick mine up after church today but I passed out when I got home from work. When I woke up I thought about going and picking it up but I figured it can wait for tomorrow when my weekend begins.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 8:51 pm

been listening a good bit to it and I must say it's doomy, gloomy, and 100% kick ass! 🤘
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:06 pm

sam wrote:
Really liking it so far, the only track not really sticking with me is atom and evil, otherwise great stuff. Dio is sounding a little like his age though.

Give Dio a break, he is going to turn 67 this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:39 pm

sam wrote:
been listening a good bit to it and I must say it's doomy, gloomy, and 100% kick ass! 🤘

I swear Iommi has an endless supply of phenomenal guitar riffs...
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:41 pm

I still havent bought it, but I listened to the whole thing online. Definately dug what I heard. Neverwhere was one of my particular favorites.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:11 am

Still loving this album!!!!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:51 am

Finally got mine yesterday along with the Deliverance reissues (separtate stores of course-Best Buy isn't that reliable).
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:52 am

manny wrote:
sam wrote:

Oh nothing against him, it just that he is finally sounding kinda old, that's all.

Last edited by sam on Tue May 05, 2009 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:53 am

I don't like Atom and Evil either. Strange song to open the album with too because it's kinda slow and sludgy.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:20 am

tohostudios wrote:
I don't like Atom and Evil either. Strange song to open the album with too because it's kinda slow and sludgy.

I don't mind it. I'm usually a pretty harsh critic when it comes to opening songs, but this one sets the tone for the rest of the cd. I'm liking this cd alot. It's been in my car player since Friday.

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Wasn't crazy about that song the first few times I heard it, but it's grown on me now and I actually like the way the album starts at a slow pace and then builds up steam.

Plus, there's that one totally classic Dio lyric "...then into the garden, came the SLIDER...Oh No!"

LOVE IT!

Dio
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:36 pm

detuned wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Wasn't crazy about that song the first few times I heard it, but it's grown on me now and I actually like the way the album starts at a slow pace and then builds up steam.

Plus, there's that one totally classic Dio lyric "...then into the garden, came the SLIDER...Oh No!"

LOVE IT!

Dio

I thought it was a great way to start the album the first time i heard it, but I echo your thoughts, it does set up the album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:44 pm

sam wrote:
manny wrote:
sam wrote:

Oh nothing against him, it just that he is finally sounding kinda old, that's all.

I agree, the only reason i bought the album is to hear Tony's riffs. The vocals bore me and the lyrics are tired.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:16 am

I found the album to be enjoyable but like others have said, it appears to ba grower. I see why Atom And Evil is not well liked seeing as it sounds like something on Master Of The Moon. As for Dio's vocals, they sound fine to me, actually considering his age they sound real good. Also Iommi's guitar shreds like none other throughout the album. The one track that doesn't need repeated listenings to "get" is Rock And Roll Angel, bar none the best track on the CD IMO.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 5:28 pm

This album has definatly grown on me and I can now count as favorites the songs Fear (awesome riff), Bible Black, Double The Pain, Turn The Screw, Follow The Tears, and of course Rock & Roll Angel as stated above. Definatly a solid album as the songs that aren't favorites are still good. Iommi further solidifies himself as a guitar god IMO (and many other's) as the solos are top notch all around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heaven and Hell released today!!!!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next