Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heaven and Hell released today!!!!

Go down 
+23
MetalH
Wargod
iamrockerfun
Dave the Boss
Lari
powermacho
sam
mez
manny
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Thrasher73
7thSaviour
thejokeriv
Troublezone
Rex
candlemass
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
JBall_Z
XYZ
mc666
BillRoxx
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:41 pm

Rex wrote:
Is the DVD worth it? Is it something you'd watch more than one time?

I'm having a hard time getting through it just once. I watched about 10 minutes of it before I bailed out. Just the members talking about how the album came together cut with shots of them in the studio. I don't know if there is anything more to it and I'll probably never know. Oh yea, one other thing. You get to see Tony Iommi in a brown velvet track suit. Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 604261

The cd is killer though. I've spun it 5 or 6 times already.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:42 pm

Here's an interesting inserts with Iommi:

The Devil You Know" is either the first album by Heaven and Hell or the third studio CD from the third lineup of Black Sabbath. Either way, guitarist Tony Iommi says there's much more where that came from.
"There were loads of ideas," Iommi tells Billboard.com. "We've got enough to make another album if we wanted. We probably wouldn't use that stuff again, but we had more than enough" for "The Devil You Know." Iommi says the remaining material are "ideas -- a verse or a riff, lots of bits, really." But he adds that with "The Devil You Know" just coming out Tuesday, Heaven and Hell isn't close to thinking about a next album.
"We're gonna be pretty tied up in touring for a bit," Iommi says, "and then when it comes to what we're gonna do afterwards, I don't know -- but I'm sure we'll sort that out."
Heaven and Hell -- which features Sabbath founders Iommi and bassist Terry "Geezer" Butler, frontman Ronnie James Dio and drummer Vinnie Appice -- re-formed under the new moniker in 2006 to record some new songs for a greatest hits album, "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years."
That led to nearly two years of touring and the decision to record again for the first time since 1992's "Dehumanizer" -- ironically in the same place as 17 years earlier, Rockfield Studios in Wales -- after a pair of writing sessions at Dio's home studio in Los Angeles.
"It was very different," Iommi says. "We had a lot of pre-production time. When we'd done previous stuff like the "Dehumanizer" album, we went into a room and just started from scratch with no ideas, so everybody would just be jamming around until we'd come up with something. This time it was just a lot easier 'cause we already had a lot of ideas we could start off with."
Heaven and Hell hits the road to promote "The Devil You Know" on May 5th in Bogota, Colombia, touring South America before moving on to Europe in late May. Iommi says North American dates will follow in August.
The group has also released a video for the album's first single, "Bible Black" -- which is the only part of the reunion that's rubbed the guitarist the wrong way.
"I think it' bloody awful, to be honest," Iommi says. "It looks like Casper the Ghost or something. We didn't have anything to do with it; that was sort of just presented to us, really. I'd have thought it could be done better than that, but that's just my opinion, and I'm just one of four."
source: billboard.com
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:59 pm

Gave THE DEVIL YOU KNOW its second spin a little while ago, it hasn't had time to really "gel" with me yet but on the whole it sounds damn good. The only track I'm not crazy about right now is "Atom & Evil," which doesn't really have the punch you'd expect from it being the opening track. Maybe if it were farther down in the running order it would be more effective.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Gave THE DEVIL YOU KNOW its second spin a little while ago, it hasn't had time to really "gel" with me yet but on the whole it sounds damn good. The only track I'm not crazy about right now is "Atom & Evil," which doesn't really have the punch you'd expect from it being the opening track. Maybe if it were farther down in the running order it would be more effective.

It took a couple spins for that song to sink in, but I really like it now. They could have used a fast tune like "Neverwhere" to open the album...but I'm betting it was a conscious decision to open with a slow song (both H&H and Mob Rules open with fast tracks).
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:02 pm

At this point I think the album is great, but agree it "needs to gel" for me as well. Usually any deep enough album takes several spins before I get everything that is being expressed in that song. I like the album very much but the only thing it seems to me is there are no songs that stick out like "Sign of the Southern Cross" or "Falling off the Edge of the World" did. No mellow guitar picks that mold into an epic build and chorus, but again I think these things will take a little time to reveal themselves. All in all I am very happy with the album and think it is great otherwise.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:00 pm

getting this tomorrow, will chime in later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:19 pm

I did a pre-order from BEST BUY and got it today the 29, a day after the release. To answer the question of the DVD. I say that there is nothing interesting about the DVD. The reason that I bought the one from BESTBUY is because it is the cheapest version so far
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:54 am

I got my copy today as well.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:35 am

Wal-Mart didn't have it. I'll have to wait til this weekend and go to Best Buy to get my copy Sad .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 am

powermacho wrote:
I did a pre-order from BEST BUY and got it today the 29, a day after the release. To answer the question of the DVD. I say that there is nothing interesting about the DVD. The reason that I bought the one from BESTBUY is because it is the cheapest version so far

Same here. Best Buy was cheap and close-by, so it was a no-briner for me. As for the dvd, since it's slow in work right now, I popped it in for sh*ts & giggles and got bored after 10 minutes. But that's just me. I never watch those things anyway, so take my opinion with a grain of sand. Or salt. Or Uncle Ben's long grain rice. However that saying goes.

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:18 am

So much for Wal-Mart's special cover...it wasn't even on the shelf when I was grocery shopping Tuesday evening...
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:31 am

candlemass wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
I don't care for the slow stuff, and I heartily dislike doom metal, but when they rock, they rock!

Doom metal 1/10
Regular metal 10/10

Thou art DOOOOOOOMED!!!!!! Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 438278 angry
Laughing very hard Burn me a sampler disc of your doom faves, and I'll listen to it. Deal?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:32 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
So much for Wal-Mart's special cover...it wasn't even on the shelf when I was grocery shopping Tuesday evening...

Maybe someone complained that they were stocking a cd with the word "Hell" in the title. Think of the children!!! Shocked

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:35 am

TheNazgul wrote:
This is when I hate living 25 miles from town. Will get this soon.
Shop online. Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 506406
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:54 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Wal-Mart didn't have it. I'll have to wait til this weekend and go to Best Buy to get my copy Sad .

I saw it at Walmart, it just had an alternative cover with the flying demon logo. I'm waiting til i have more money to get it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Maybe someone complained that they were stocking a cd with the word "Hell" in the title. Think of the children!!! Shocked

OHHHH!!!! WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:30 am

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

"Who cries for the childreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen....." Laughing
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:55 pm

I got mail!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:57 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

"Who cries for the childreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen....." Laughing

Throw away children, rock-n-roll children, children of the grave, of the sea....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:31 pm

Quote :

TheNazgul wrote:
This is when I hate living 25 miles from town. Will get this soon.
Shop online. Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 506406

I do but living in the sticks means not knowing when the mail will actually get here.
I did go into town today and picked this up. After one spin it's' good, two songs really stuck out so i'll have to spin it more to really form an opinion.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:55 pm

Gave it a once over, this sounds like a monster! Dio 🤘
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:23 pm

good, typical Dio Iommi style. more like Dehumanizer than older stuff.
slow doomy heavy waves, soemething from Type O Negative.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:24 pm

I got it but haven't really heard it fully but from what I have heard it is good!

Wargod50

NP: Skelator - Give Me Metal Or Give Me Death
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:47 pm

Got it today.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:58 pm

I listened to the whole album today. Dooooooom! I love it! Iommi uses some great tones. His guitar work really stands out to me on this album. Dio does sound a bit aged, but he's in his 60's right? I just think it's great that these guys still put out solid metal. Dio headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heaven and Hell released today!!!!   Heaven and Hell released today!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heaven and Hell released today!!!!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next