Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ...

Go down 
+14
MetalGuy71
SlaytanicPOWER
manny
Smindas
Olafsto
EvyMetal
Lurideath
sam
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Rex
7thSaviour
Temple of Blood
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ...   I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:32 am

He's more of a frat boy than a metalhead, really. Not a knock, just the way he is by all accounts. He takes these metal gigs for the $$$, just like why he is singing for this new all-star cover band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ...   I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:37 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
He's more of a frat boy than a metalhead, really. Not a knock, just the way he is by all accounts. He takes these metal gigs for the $$$, just like why he is singing for this new all-star cover band.

Yea, you're probably right. As a child of the 80's though, I want my musicians to dress the part. More denim & leather and less Fred Durst.

Eh, whatever. At least he can sing.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ...   I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:58 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Yea, you're probably right. As a child of the 80's though, I want my musicians to dress the part. More denim & leather and less Fred Durst.

Eh, whatever. At least he can sing.
Singing is what matters most, after all. He could look the part all he wants, but if he can't back it up vocally, he'd just be another poser wannabe! Smile
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ...   I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:59 am

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Tim is a bit of an awkward frontman though.

No kidding, he looks like he just stepped out of the audience with his basball cap and all. He is awesome as studio musician though.

That is way he dressed when I saw him with Yngwie, of course Yngwie may have encouraged this, we all know how Malmsteen hates to share the spotlight.
Hey, it's YJM's RISING FORCE, after all, and NOT Ripper's Rising Force. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ...   I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:47 pm

made me wanna see King Diamond live! It was also great seeing Jon play something different!

Wow, "Alice In Hell" rocked like hell too! Tim would be awesome in Annihilator, although live I think they dude they have now is bringing it too.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ...   I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:59 pm

The guy is wearing a friggin baseball cap and blue jeans! What do you want him to be dressed up like? At least he looks like a dude. Dang, what a queer conversation.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ...   I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Great vocalist, but yea, ditch the ball cap and baggy pants. You playing a metal concert or a frat house?

Well, this WAS a concert sponsored by RoadRunner Records... Ripper was just dressin' like 90 percent of the bands on their current roster. Laughing

Totally unrelated note, it was nice to see James Murphy shreddin' again in both of those clips!! I met him briefly when he was playing with Testament in the mid 90s, before all of his health problems. Very nice guy who unfortunately got dealt some very bad cards.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ...   I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:12 pm

he was great when i saw him woth iced earth but what was he wearing in that video. still sounded great though
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ...   I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:33 pm

I have no problem with what the guy was wearing. Sure, it's a bit atypical for a metal frontman, but who cares? My only issue with him is he's always look down, he never seems to engage with the crowd very well and his entire demeanour seems to reek of just looking a bit uncomfortable with being in a live performance. It's very strange for someone who by all accounts should be a seasoned frontman. Having said that, I have seen him work a bit better in some Iced Earth live stuff.

Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: Beyond Fear   I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:40 pm

I am more interested in the second Beyond Fear album. The first one is 🤘 .
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ...   I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 3:42 am

Quote :
My only issue with him is he's always look down, he never seems to engage with the crowd very well and his entire demeanour seems to reek of just looking a bit uncomfortable with being in a live performance. It's very strange for someone who by all accounts should be a seasoned frontman.

That might be the reason for the ball cap, he can use the bill of the cap to hide behind.
Back to top Go down
ramreb
Metal novice
Metal novice
ramreb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ...   I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:57 am

Better than that fellow in Cage I thinks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ...   I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I haven't heard Ripper sing this well in quite a while ...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2