Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What band or bands do you consider washed up?

Go down 
+19
kmorg
MetalGuy71
sheets
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
manny
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
thejokeriv
SlaytanicPOWER
Lurideath
akeldama
MetalChaz
mc666
powermacho
candlemass
Svengo
Trial by Fire
Troublezone
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

What band or bands do you consider washed up? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:27 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I think they went poppy on purpose because Joe likes it and I think Clark was the one that pushed them more the NWOBHM style.

Clark never wrote songs...only the occasional riff...he didn't push in any certain direction. It's the "Cliff Burton Syndrome". Everyone thought Cliff was the "Metal heart" of Metallica when in reality he hardly listened to Metal and was the most musically diverse of the 4.

TheNazgul wrote:
They haven't been big for years yet they haven't gone back and written Pyro II. They know they aren't going to sell a ton when they write records like they do.

True. They do however fill up the arenas & sheds consistently. I know that Euphoria (1999) went Gold and "Promises" was a decent charter. Then, as was stated, "Nine Lives" did fairly well, but not as well as "Promises"...I do think they still sell better, relatively, in other parts of the world better than in America though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:47 pm

You could be right about the Clark thing. Somewhere though they went a different way and they seem ok about mostly staying there and they keep making albums. They could just do festivals and small tours here and there and still get an audience with their name alone.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:47 pm

Souza didn't die though, that was Paul Baloff.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:57 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Clark never wrote songs...only the occasional riff...he didn't push in any certain direction. It's the "Cliff Burton Syndrome". Everyone thought Cliff was the "Metal heart" of Metallica when in reality he hardly listened to Metal and was the most musically diverse of the 4.

TRAUMA was pretty metal. I think he liked metal more than you stated but otherwise I agree.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:02 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
You could be right about the Clark thing. Somewhere though they went a different way and they seem ok about mostly staying there and they keep making albums. They could just do festivals and small tours here and there and still get an audience with their name alone.

Very true, their albums sell very well, considering that they their style of pop metal is no longer in vogue, I am in the minority on this board where I have not minded their more pop oriented albums.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:05 pm

they sure do sell out venues. the tour in the uk they did with whitesnake was a total sellout even with the extra dates added
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:23 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

TRAUMA was pretty metal. I think he liked metal more than you stated but otherwise I agree.

Well, you have to like it to play it...he obviously liked it...but it wasn't any more of a mainstay in his musical diet than anything else he liked...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:25 pm

manny wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Very true, their albums sell very well, considering that they their style of pop metal is no longer in vogue, I am in the minority on this board where I have not minded their more pop oriented albums.

I love thier pop oriented albums...they're a band that has managed to maintain something of a unique sound while still making each new album a little different to the last...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:25 pm

Quote :
exodus - should have retired gracefully after souza died

Huh? scratch Souza is alive and well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What band or bands do you consider washed up?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4