Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What band or bands do you consider washed up?

Go down 
+19
kmorg
MetalGuy71
sheets
tohostudios
Temple of Blood
manny
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
thejokeriv
SlaytanicPOWER
Lurideath
akeldama
MetalChaz
mc666
powermacho
candlemass
Svengo
Trial by Fire
Troublezone
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

What band or bands do you consider washed up? Empty
PostSubject: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:44 pm

I've been hoping for Queensryche to make a proper comeback to their classic days but sadly i think they are done. I never liked Marilyn Manson but they seem to be kicking a dead horse in the shock rock world. Tourniquet hasn't done anything in a loooong time so i doubt their vitals as well.
Back to top Go down
Trial by Fire
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Trial by Fire

Number of posts : 271

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:57 pm

I would venture to say the majority of the 80's metal bands that are still going, especially thrash and hair bands. Some are making decent music, but every new album is most often an attempt to relive the past, and 99% of the time, it falls short of anything worth repeated listens.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:13 pm

Trial by Fire wrote:
I would venture to say the majority of the 80's metal bands that are still going, especially thrash and hair bands. Some are making decent music, but every new album is most often an attempt to relive the past, and 99% of the time, it falls short of anything worth repeated listens.
I wonder how many of those '80s bands are putting out those mediocre rehashes because of the pressure that their older fans put on them to re-visit past styles and sounds instead of letting them put out the kind of music they want.

I'm sure a great part of this is simply a money issue as those bands are afraid those fans simply won't buy the albums or go to shows if they don't meet with their expectations
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:17 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I've been hoping for Queensryche to make a proper comeback to their classic days but sadly i think they are done.

That's not gonna happen, that was then, this is now. Having said that, I think Mincrime II is a good lp. They are still capable of making good music but they just ain't the same band as they were back in the day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:19 pm

The Scorpions, been done for a looooooooong time now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:23 pm

Ozzy. He was done with No More Tears.

I hate to say it but....Anthrax. The music just isn't memorable anymore.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:35 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Ozzy. He was done with No More Tears.

I hate to say it but....Anthrax. The music just isn't memorable anymore.

There were some good songs after NMT, but not sure if there was a good lp. Who was the other band? Laughing
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:20 pm

candlemass wrote:
I like the last 2 releases from Scoprions, I saw them live and they still have some energy for some more years

I think these bands are on the line: Twisted sister , Black Sabbath with ozzy, Judas Priest,bloodgood,whitecross,tourniquet
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:35 am

the Scorps are far from dead in my eyes. they still keep putting out great material.

as for washed up, who knows. Ozzy, Def Leppard, Van Halen maybe? Life of Agony seem to be out of ideas as well.

MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:40 am

Stryper. Ill probably get the new album but that last comeback album "Reborn" to me was a huuuuuge flop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chazbond
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:31 am

candlemass wrote:

I disagree, i saw them not too long ago and they still have it. Whitesnake is still decent as well.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:40 am

VH
Metallica
RHCP
Ozzy
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:12 am

Game over:

Metallica
Megadeth
Overkill
Anthrax
Dokken
WASP
Kiss
Queensryche

On the border:

Ozzy
Judas Priest
Van Halen
Slayer
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:22 am

The Eagles
Anthrax
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 3:22 am

Lurideath wrote:
Game over:

Metallica
Megadeth
Overkill
Anthrax
Dokken
WASP
Kiss
Queensryche

On the border:

Ozzy
Judas Priest
Van Halen
Slayer

I find it strange that you say game over for Overkill and not Ozzy... surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:15 am

As much as it pains me to say, I think Queensryche is spent...they're done....they'll keep making records, but they shouldn't.

I think Ozzy is washed up too.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:52 am

Lurideath wrote:
Game over:

Metallica
Megadeth

Overkill
Anthrax
Dokken
WASP
Kiss
Queensryche

On the border:

Ozzy
Judas Priest
Van Halen
Slayer

Fixed to "IMO" status.

I don't consider the band washed up if they are still chargin' with material that's worth a damn. Even Metallica, I must admit is not dead. Slayer and Priest definitely are not the border, tho Priests newest release isn't another Painkiller or anything earlier.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:37 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
As much as it pains me to say, I think Queensryche is spent...they're done....they'll keep making records, but they shouldn't.

Yes, I hate to say it about Queensryche too - everything since Promised Land is just not interesting to me. OM:II was OK, better than anything since Promised Land, but just OK.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:40 am

I'll agree with Queensryche. They've released disappointment after disappointment.

I think the Scorpions have the abiltity to release another scorcher, but that last album was pretty weak IMO.

Definitely agree with Def Leppard. However, I confess, I've not liked the direction they have taken since Pyromania.

I'm not sure about KISS. I think Paul Stanley is a good songwriter and vocalist, so I think they have the ability to release another solid KISS album, but time will tell if it happens.

Van Halen haven't released much I've liked since the "Diver Down", so it's hard for me to say they are washed up. They just headed in a direction that wasn't to my liking.

I wouldn't say Judas Priest either, since I really liked Angel of Retribution.

Iron Maiden may be on the border here as well.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:41 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Ozzy's been washed up since the early 90s. The problem is no one can convince his wife of that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 8:44 am

Quote :
Iron Maiden may be on the border here as well.

I've said it before, but I think the last three IM albums are better than their first 3, so that band is far from washed up, at least in my world.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:00 am

As a live band Van Halen certainly are not washed up, as a creative force we will have to see if they ever do record a new studio album with DLR, same thing with KISS, I reserve that judgement when their new album is released.

Iron Maiden's last studio album was excellent and far from washed up, Judas Priest may have taken a misstep with the whole concept album but I am glad to see a band that has been recording 30 + years after not afaird to take chances.

Ozzy is most definitley washed up, his last album sounded like his Ozziness is going thru the motions, more concerned with OZZFEST and being a celebrity than being a musician.

Robby Krieger and Ray Manzarek playing first as The Doors of the 21st Century and later as Riders on the Storm, is a glorified tribute act, brillant musicians but they should have created some new music when Ian Astbury was with them. Nothing wrong with playing songs that you helped create but donot try and tell me this is next chapter of The Doors history, that book got closed permantley on July 3, 1971.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:33 am

Almost all of them.

I have hopes in the new MEGADETH though, we'll see if they can deliver. JUDAS PRIEST have a slight chance of putting out one more good album.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:38 am

Queen

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:42 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Almost all of them.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What band or bands do you consider washed up?   What band or bands do you consider washed up? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What band or bands do you consider washed up?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next