Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"

Go down 
+16
MetalGuy71
Neuropete
sam
Chairman_Smith
MetalH
XYZ
nevermore
Required Fields
arttieTHE1manparty
sheets
ultmetal
EvyMetal
Temple of Blood
Damien Solta
Svengo
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 2:50 am

Svengo wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
The "Black Metal" episode of "Bones," titled "Mayhem on a Cross," is available for viewing on Hulu.com ... check it out y'all, it's a hoot and a half.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/68376/bones-mayhem-on-a-cross#s-p1-so-i0
Didn't see the episode myself but I assume the episode title refers to the band Mayhem. I think if I remember correctly that one of the band's members was involved in much of the mid '90s Norwegian church burnings as well as maybe a murder.

Maybe a murder? Maybe? MAYBE? Really?????
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:26 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:

This is my favorite "drama" on TV by far. My wife and I have the first three seasons on DVD and watch it almost religiously! LOVE this show!

ARttie

Yea, it's a cool show. I've only gotten into it recently (within the past couple of months) ... fun stuff. They show re-runs of older episodes on TNT in the early evenings so the wife and I have been slowly getting caught up on what we've missed.

Quote :
I watch it from time to time...for the "babe factor". Emily and Michaela are VERY easy on the eyes.

Yea, that's the truth!! (Tho I think Emily's sister Zooey, the film actress, is slightly cuter...)

Quote :
I really liked all the music that they played in the episode. Razz

Any idea what band(s) they used music from? As several of the characters said throughout the episode, that stuff all sounds the same to me... Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:06 pm

just watched, not bad, but the music was not correctly labeled.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:11 pm

sam wrote:

Yea, the music didn't exactly sound "black" to me either, but then again I'm sure no TR00 grimm kult blakk mettle horde would have willingly licensed their elite sounds to such a trivial untr00 enterprise as Hollywood, so the show probably went with whoever they could get cheap. Laughing

I love when they're looking at the corpse on the exam table at the beginning of the episode and Bones asks the African American lab tech, "What's black metal?" and he sez "Don't look at me, it's Norwegian... whole different kinda black." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 2:04 pm

I'll have to check this out on Hulu. I don't watch the new episodes too frequently, but catch quite a bit of it on re-runs (On TBS, or TNT). Pretty cool show... my all-time favorite is the Halloween episode where bones dresses up as Wonder Woman.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:37 am

Fat Freddy is insane if he thinks Zooey is cuter than Emily...but I digress....

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:41 am

Arttie

Actually, I prefer Zooey as well...but I wouldn't complain about either if you get my drift.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 8:39 am

Quote :
Actually, I prefer Zooey as well...but I wouldn't complain about either if you get my drift.

What Detuned said. I wouldn't kick either of'em outta bed for eatin' crackers, as the saying goes. Laughing

Zooey was cute as hell in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," but other than that I'm not as familiar with her work as I am with Emily's.

Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
sam wrote:

I love when they're looking at the corpse on the exam table at the beginning of the episode and Bones asks the African American lab tech, "What's black metal?" and he sez "Don't look at me, it's Norwegian... whole different kinda black." Laughing very hard

"Would you get on all fours for me?"

"Serious?"

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:10 am

Last night's "Bones" was pretty funny stuff too... kinda like a slightly twisted take on "Weekend at Bernie's"

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:27 pm

Never saw this show (probably not gonna start now either), but I thougth this was interesting...

The members of MÖTLEY CRÜE will appear in the season finale of "Bones" on May 14. In the episode, the band is playing at a nightclub where a murder victim is found. Guitarist Mick Mars gave The Pulse of Radio a little background on the show and the band's guest spot. "We're doing a weekly series called 'Bones', actually this lady's name is Bones and she goes around and does like forensic things on old bones that they find and stuff and she finds out how the person died or if the person was murdered or if they died of natural causes and that kind of a thing so it was kind of cool," he said.

Mars said this isn't the first time MÖTLEY CRÜE has been asked to appear on a TV drama. "A long time ago we were asked to do 'CHiPs' and we kind of passed on it because we thought it was a little bit not us, but this is I think more us, 'cause, you know, it's like kind of dark and, you know, with the skeletons and forensic stuff and autopsy kind of weird thing and everything else, and crime scene investigators and stuff that's more, more like a MÖTLEY CRÜE thing."

"Bones" airs on Fox and stars Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Interesting. I wonder if Mick Mars is going to play the part of the Corpse of the Week? He wouldn't even need special effects makeup.

Oooooohhhh SNAP! Even I can't believe I went there.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Interesting. I wonder if Mick Mars is going to play the part of the Corpse of the Week? He wouldn't even need special effects makeup.

Oooooohhhh SNAP! Even I can't believe I went there.

Laughing very hard That was such an obvious joke! I can't believe I missed it. I must be slippin' Good one dude! Laughing very hard

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard That was such an obvious joke! I can't believe I missed it. I must be slippin' Good one dude! Laughing very hard

I couldn't resist. Can't let you get ALL the good one liners y'know.

Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:22 am

Quote :

Yeah, that's an understatement...I watched it, too, and it wasn't even CLOSE to black metal. Hardly even metal at all; more like some kind of hard rock wannabe music, or something. Oh, well...I guess if it had been actual black metal, the viewing audience would have changed the channel, hahaha....
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:15 am

metalheaded wrote:
Yeah, that's an understatement...I watched it, too, and it wasn't even CLOSE to black metal. Hardly even metal at all; more like some kind of hard rock wannabe music, or something.

The next time Hollywood actually depicts metal correctly will be the first time Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:37 am

Zooey>Emily, no contest.

MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:39 pm

MAJOR fan of Bones (having been a major fan of Buffy & Angel), here. I love how NONE of the bands in the episode sound like any of the genres they're supposed to be playing. The BM band sounds nothing like real BM, the death metal band sounds nothing like real DM, and the deathcore band sounds more like Static X than anything really deathcore. I thought it was funny that "Gordon Gordon" knew about all those various sub-genres of metal and that Dr. Sweets was a closet DM fan. I also thought it was hilarious there was a 3-way rivalry between the bands, especially since they're from different sub-genres. What's equally hilarious is that they're all wearing REALLY BAD corpse paint!

Anyway, it was a fun episode, despite the obvious lack of metal knowledge in hollywood - maybe the Anvil movie will give them some edumacation Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 5:54 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
...and thus signals the end of the black metal movement....

That happened in 1996.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Quote :

Maybe the argument over which Deschanel sister is hotter will be settled soon -- I just read that Zooey D. will be making a guest appearance on "Bones" (which of course stars her sister, Emily) this December ...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"   Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Metal on FOX-TV's "Bones"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2