Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Dark Tranquillity fans?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Any Dark Tranquillity fans? Empty
PostSubject: Any Dark Tranquillity fans?   Any Dark Tranquillity fans? Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 12:26 am

After initially being disappointed with the new album Fiction, I am enjoying it more and more on each listen. I still like Character a bit more, but any thoughts on the new album?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Tranquillity fans?   Any Dark Tranquillity fans? Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 12:29 am

the new album is the best yet. i was very impressed & i'm not a die hard DT fan. they only get an occasional listen from me normally.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Tranquillity fans?   Any Dark Tranquillity fans? Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 1:14 am

mc666 wrote:
the new album is the best yet. i was very impressed & i'm not a die hard DT fan. they only get an occasional listen from me normally.

I'm starting to think along the same lines with each and every listen mc666. I think it has one of the best utilization of keyboards for any metal album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Tranquillity fans?   Any Dark Tranquillity fans? Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 1:27 am

I wouldn't say the new album is the best yet, but it's most definitely an oustanding album. Dark Tranquillity is one of my favorite bands. I was never a fan of death metal like Cannibal Corpse and Morbid Angel; it was all just too fast and nonsensical to me. In 2000 when I was in Korea, I started buying all these random bands on import (because it was cheap). Dark Tranquillity was one of those bands. I bought The Gallery and The Mind's I and was immediately hooked. I then bought Skydancer, the Of Chaos And Eternal Night and Suicidal Angels EPs, and finally Projector. I could handle melodic death metal, it appeared. I loved it.

But anyway, they haven't released a bad album yet. I was hoping they changed things up with this one. Character and Damage Done were similar in style, much like Haven without the keyboards and such. I thought it was time for a change. So it was good to hear some old school stuff like heard on the early albums, and then more experimental stuff like that on Projector (an extremely underrated album). Fiction is excellent.

And by the way, I love everything In Flames has done, too! Including Soundtrack To Your Escape. I love how because In Flames managed a small measure of mainstream popularity that Dark Tranquillity can get away with a song with "bouncy" riffs, like on "Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)" and "Icipher" and "Focus Shift," but In Flames can't, not without being slagged off as sellouts. Pffft!

And am I the only one who is reminded of the chorus in "Only Happy When It Rains" by Garbage when listening to the chorus of "Misery Down?" Hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Tranquillity fans?   Any Dark Tranquillity fans? Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 9:16 pm

Dark tranquility is rad, havent listened to fiction yet, I think Gallery is probably my fav.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Tranquillity fans?   Any Dark Tranquillity fans? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:45 am

Don't have the new one, but I like their other albums and also like how they've evolved.

They've always been better than IN FLAMES...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Tranquillity fans?   Any Dark Tranquillity fans? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:08 pm

Way better then IN Flames. Projector is a groundbreaking album but it's all incredible and The Wonders At Your Feet is a very emotional song for me. It's DT that convinced me that melodic death is worth listening to.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Tranquillity fans?   Any Dark Tranquillity fans? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:08 pm

I haven't listened to Dark Tranquility in 10 years. I just can't handle the melodic death metal style much any more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Tranquillity fans?   Any Dark Tranquillity fans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Dark Tranquillity fans?
Page 1 of 1