Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Dark Moor fans?

Go down 
+4
kmorg
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
MetalRob331
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Any Dark Moor fans? Empty
PostSubject: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 3:42 pm

Dark Moor is a Classical Influenced metal band that are based out of Madrid Spain i think. The music is tight and very memorable with some very impressive guitar work. For power metal fans i suggest u pick this up.

This band is way too below the radar and need to be known. So below i posted a link to a song off there new cd and a link to there myspace as well plz check them out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5drCo8R4LY

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=60486894
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 3:59 pm

Quote :
Any Dark Moor fans?

Yes, with extreme prejudice! Love everything except the first (which I've steered clear of based on reviews etc...)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:01 pm

I was impressed with their cover of "Halloween" on the Helloween tribute album THE KEEPERS OF JERICHO a few years back... didn't think any band would be able to do that song justice but they nailed it... that's the only song of theirs I've heard though. I understand the female singer who performed on that Helloween cover is no longer with the band?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:07 pm

yes and im so glad that they parted ways with her...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:15 pm

I love them equally with and w/out her. I like her voice enough to seek her out and purchase Fairyland and Dreamaker.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:28 pm

i just think after she left the band the band went in a better direction and the production on those cds were stellar.

But i agree both singers do
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 5:39 pm

Yea I love this band too, however I must be in a minority as I like the first carnation of the band with Elisa on vocals, Sure the debut CD gets dodgy reviews but it's still quite an enjoyable listen for me. I personally feel that the bands best material was recorded before the band split in two in 2003 with 3 members going off to form Dreamaker, I think the Vocals on the latter albums are what dissapoint me the most.

"The Hall of Olden Dreams" & "The Gates of Oblivion" are their two finest albums and walk all over anything that has been done since 2003.

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 3:46 pm

anyone hear there new single The Chariot or w/e its called killer song
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:05 am

I only own 2 or 3 of their CD's. I remember I was really impressed with their "Hall of Olden Dreams" CD, but lost interest in the band after a while. They sort of drowned in the pool of too many power metal bands during the late 90's, early new millennium.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 8:06 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:32 pm

I like what I've heard, but I don't know their music very well...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:54 am

Listening to Tarot right now. This band is incredible!! (If you love Powermetal!)
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 9:39 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Listening to Tarot right now. This band is incredible!! (If you love Powermetal!)

I agree thy're one of my favs...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:34 am

Anyone get there new cd Autumnal? Its #1 on my want list after hearing it on youtube
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:46 pm

It will be on my 2009 list.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 2:48 pm

I dont think its out til March right?

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 7:07 pm

Autumnal had a January release date it is showing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 7:49 pm

I loved their last one "Tarot".

Lots of Queen-like influences on that disc. Listen to "Devil In The Tower" and tell me it doesn't evoke "Prophet's Song" from Queen's "Night At The Opera" disc.

I hope they continue that trend on the new one. I have "Olden Dreams" and don't consider it nearly as good as "Tarot".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 8:05 pm

new album streaming on myspace, sounds pretty sweet.

http://www.myspace.com/theofficialdarkmoor
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:08 am

The new album sounds great! I have the a while now on my radar but never got a cd of them. The new album might be a good starting point for me.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:22 am

There S/t disc is far and away there best cd, but all the discs are pretty good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Dark Moor fans?   Any Dark Moor fans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Dark Moor fans?
Page 1 of 1