Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc) Empty
PostSubject: Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc)   Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc) Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:00 pm

so toho believes that we are the only ones who dig this band. I must change this, so here is my Dark at Dawn thread. Dark At Dawn play a heavy power metal which is, as imagined, slightly dark, think something like Sentenced mixed with Grave Digger, probably the best I can think of. Fans of Sabaton will also find that this band is not nearly as lame as Sabaton and yet they can still enjoy some gravelly vocals.

I'll post 3 songs to digest. One from the 2006 record, one from their debut, and one from their recent EP. Don't play if you want anything besides being kicked in the face with Teutonic metal:

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc)   Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc) Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:10 pm

As usual, OCI likes the same band but different songs:

I couldn't find either of my favorites from the S/T on youtube (Crossbreed and The Ones With Fiery Eyes) but between these posts you get the idea.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc)   Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc) Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:47 pm

Um, NO, you guys are NOT the only ones who love this band. I've said on many threads here and there that these guys rule! Everyone must have missed that, or forgot.

Regardless, yes, this band rules. I have all their stuff except the original first EP, "Oceans of Time", which is still on my want list, but is really tough to find for a decent price.

AND THIS NEW EP!!!??? How did I not know about this until now? Oh well, gotta find out somehow, eventually. I will acquire it ASAP.

I first heard this band on a burn that a friend of mine gave me of "Baneful Skies". I didn't think much of it upon first listen, but after a long time, I spun it again a few times, and it suddenly clicked. The pure metal genius of this band clicked with me, and I've loved them ever since, eventually getting all their releases but the first EP. Buddy's vocals are, to be sure, unique. No one else I've heard sounds quite like him. He has his own sound...if I ever heard him sing anywhere else, I'd know exactly who it was.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc)   Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc) Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:50 pm

metalheaded wrote:
Um, NO, you guys are NOT the only ones who love this band. I've said on many threads here and there that these guys rule! Everyone must have missed that, or forgot.

Regardless, yes, this band rules. I have all their stuff except the original first EP, "Oceans of Time", which is still on my want list, but is really tough to find for a decent price.

AND THIS NEW EP!!!??? How did I not know about this until now? Oh well, gotta find out somehow, eventually. I will acquire it ASAP.

I first heard this band on a burn that a friend of mine gave me of "Baneful Skies". I didn't think much of it upon first listen, but after a long time, I spun it again a few times, and it suddenly clicked. The pure metal genius of this band clicked with me, and I've loved them ever since, eventually getting all their releases but the first EP. Buddy's vocals are, to be sure, unique. No one else I've heard sounds quite like him. He has his own sound...if I ever heard him sing anywhere else, I'd know exactly who it was.

Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc) 200248

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

PostSubject: Re: Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc)   Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc) Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc)   Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc) Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:19 pm

That one I posted from the new EP is my favorite from on there, maybe even a top 5 Dark At Dawn song for me. New album will probably be amazing.

toho, 'One Night Fall' would have been the one I'd post from that album, that or 'Luna' or 'The Sleepwalker'. headbanger
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc)   Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc) Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:41 pm

I just love the guy's vocals. He's essentially growling (which I usually can't stand) yet somehow he still carries a tune with his voice. "One Night Stand" epitomizes this for me.

I agree with Metalheaded; I could spot this guy's voice anywhere regardless of what band or style the band would be doing.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc)   Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc) Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Good stuff, I always like when I hear them but never remember to look to get it.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

PostSubject: Re: Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc)   Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc) Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:00 am

OCI, if you have a physical copy of "Noneternal", where'd you get it? Directly from their online store? Amazon doesn't have it, and I don't see any copies on eBay....
Or did you just download it from their online store?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc)   Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc) Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:03 am

Yep, it's from the online store.

http://darkatdawn.metal4.de/musik.html

Not very English friendly, but then they've probably sold 10 copies over here over the last decade, so eh. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

PostSubject: Re: Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc)   Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc) Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 12:16 pm

Cool...how much did shipping run you?

I'm gonna order it pretty soon, and I know 6 Euros is about 9 US dollars, or so, I think...but is shipping about the same amount to over here?
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc)   Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc) Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 9:31 pm

I like 'em.....toho put 'em on a comp for me a couple of years ago. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc)   Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark At Dawn (for fans of Sabaton, Grave Digger, Sentenced or etc)
Page 1 of 1