Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Tranquillity - Construct

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Dark Tranquillity - Construct Empty
PostSubject: Dark Tranquillity - Construct   Dark Tranquillity - Construct Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:05 pm

New album, Construct, is coming on May 27.

Sounds like they've changed it up a bit again. They seem to sort of reinvent themselves after two albums in a particular style. Always melodeath, of course, but with different flavors mixed in.

They said this will be their most experimental album since Projector, which is the album with a style I've been saying they need to revisit for a long time now. Such a brilliant album, that one.

So I expect good things from this one.

Quote :
"For Broken Words", a brand new song from Swedish melodic death metallers DARK TRANQUILLITY, can be streamed in the YouTube clip below. The track comes off the band's tenth studio album, "Construct", which will be released on May 27 via Century Media Records. The CD was mixed by Jens Bogren (PARADISE LOST, OPETH, KATATONIA) at his Fascination Street studios in Örebro, Sweden.

Says the group about "For Broken Words": "This is one of the heaviest and most brooding tracks from 'Construct', so it's a good candidate for the online premiere song position. More music from the album will be presented shortly."

DARK TRANQUILLITY filmed a music video for the song "Uniformity" on Saturday (Saturday, April 13) with Patric Ullaeus of Revolver Film Company, who has previously worked with DIMMU BORGIR, LACUNA COIL, IN FLAMES, SONIC SYNDICATE and KAMELOT, among others.

"Construct" track listing:

01. For Broken Words
02. The Science Of Noise
03. Uniformity
04. The Silence In Between
05. Apathetic
06. What Only You Know
07. Endtime Hearts
08. State Of Trust
09. Weight Of The End
10. None Becoming
11. Immemorial (U.S. bonus track)
12. Photon Dreams (U.S. bonus track)

Commented the band: "The selected few people that so far have been granted the privilege of hearing the full album are uniformingly convinced that 'Construct' is the strongest and most exciting DARK TRANQUILLITY album in a long time, and who are we to disagree? While still bearing the unmistakable mark of the DARK TRANQUILLITY, the record is probably our most different and diverse offering since 1999's 'Projector'. For now, we're pleased to share the tracklist, trailer and sleeve design with you, but the first musical preview will appear in the near future."

DARK TRANQUILLITY recently amicably parted ways with bassist Daniel Antonsson. According to the band, "Daniel wanted to focus on his own musical projects as well as working more in his recording studio. Being first and foremost a guitarist, he felt that the playing bass in a full-time band didn't allow him much time for his main instrument and true passion. With this in mind, he chose to follow his heart and step aside at this point instead of committing to another album and an intense touring cycle that would leave little room for other activities."

Dark Tranquillity - Construct Dtconstruct

Dark Tranquillity - Construct Dtconstructus
And we get two bonus tracks! Awesome. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity - Construct   Dark Tranquillity - Construct Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:23 pm

On that showing, I'm looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity - Construct   Dark Tranquillity - Construct Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 4:09 pm

I've been reading comments. Fans are pissed! Seems like a lot of younger fans who don't understand that these guys put out albums before Damage Done, though.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity - Construct   Dark Tranquillity - Construct Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 12:36 am

I've never been a fan of the whole Swedish melodic death metal scene. But for whatever reason I got a copy of Haven. Then probably years later I actually listened to it, and really fell in love with it. Since then I have obtained a few more of their releases. Great band!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity - Construct   Dark Tranquillity - Construct Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 5:24 am

AchrisK wrote:
I've never been a fan of the whole Swedish melodic death metal scene. But for whatever reason I got a copy of Haven. Then probably years later I actually listened to it, and really fell in love with it. Since then I have obtained a few more of their releases. Great band!
They are. I discovered them in 1999, while stationed in Korea. Been a huge fan ever since.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity - Construct   Dark Tranquillity - Construct Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:52 am

Haven is my favorite by them. Not a huge melodeath fan either but something about these guys grabs me.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity - Construct   Dark Tranquillity - Construct Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:26 pm

For some reason this band crossed my mind today. They are almost like my go-to band when I can't decide what to listen to, I'm liking what I hear.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity - Construct   Dark Tranquillity - Construct Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 5:17 am

Another new tune:

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity - Construct   Dark Tranquillity - Construct Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:07 pm

I think I'm gonna love this album.

Sounds a lot like the stuff on Projector, which is my favorite DT album. I've been hoping they'd go back to that style at some point, even if partially.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Tranquillity - Construct   Dark Tranquillity - Construct Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Tranquillity - Construct
Page 1 of 1