Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's a Rage thread.

Go down 
+10
DallasBlack
krokus
stepcousin
sam
GrandNational
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

It's a Rage thread. Empty
PostSubject: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:27 pm

I know, we've discussed these guys before but I was listening to Trapped and thinking how little these guys are known in the states. This is such a great metal album. Fast by not so hyper it becomes a wankfest like D'force and with good melody without being too sappy.
Say something nice about Rage. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:29 pm

I have their last two. They are very good!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:32 pm

Quote :
Say something nice about Rage. \'arry \'eadbanger

I only own one disc by them (Secrets in a Weird World) and by co-inky-dink, I just happened to bring it into work with me this week. I do believe I'll give it a listen.

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:33 pm

I love most everything they have released. Peavey is a genius, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:43 pm

I've never heard much of Rage, but I have the Avenger stuff and it rules!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:44 pm

Love me some Rage, they're a band I got into late in the game so I have a lot of catching up to do but I love the XIII, UNITY and SOUNDCHASER albums.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:03 pm

I love just about all their albums except for maybe 2. I forget the name of it but theres one that they did with the Lingua Mortis Orchestra and they did some older songs that just sounds horrible and also I wasnt happy with the album Speak Of The Dead. I think that was the name of the album. It was the one before their newest one, either way I hated how half the album had the orchestra then the other half didnt and the half that didnt the songs suffered from it. Either do the whole album with the orchestra or not at all ooooooor maybe even on a couple of songs but dont do half a album with it and then never do it again.

I really wish they would have gotten some recognition sooner in the states.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:12 pm

Wow, a quick peek at BNR metal.com shows me that these gents have been quite prolific over the years. It'd cost me an arm and 1 testicle to track down that entire discography.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:16 pm

Rage is the best. Not one bad album in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:49 pm

Quote :

That stuff is so rare I rarely see them except for The Anthology which goes for a pretty penny.

Metalguy, you can usually find some pretty cheap on Amazon. I'd say must haves would be:
Unity
Black In Mind
End Of All Days
Soundchaser
Trapped

They really haven't done a bad album in my book though the ones with the orchestra are kind of meh.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:33 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :

That stuff is so rare I rarely see them except for The Anthology which goes for a pretty penny.

Metalguy, you can usually find some pretty cheap on Amazon. I'd say must haves would be:
Unity
Black In Mind
End Of All Days
Soundchaser
Trapped

They really haven't done a bad album in my book though the ones with the orchestra are kind of meh.

Hmmm, thanks, but I'd better not. When I said it would cost me an arm & testicle, I wasn't speaking in dollar figures. What I meant was "These are the parts of my body that my wife will tear from my torso and feed to hungry wolves if I start investing in yet another band's discography". It's a Rage thread. 69126

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:35 pm

MG, you exposed your wife to the miracle of childbirth, the least she can do is allow you to be exposed to the miracle of Rage. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 3:45 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
MG, you exposed your wife to the miracle of childbirth, the least she can do is allow you to be exposed to the miracle of Rage. Smile

At the moment, the only "miracle" she is being "exposed to" is 2 toddlers with pink eye and nasty dispositions. I'm not in any position to do anything that would set her off. :swear:

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:16 pm

Someday you should steal the pants back from her.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Only have like one disc, thought it was good but I haven't bothered getting anything else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:56 pm

GREAT BAND!!!!!! [until Peavy's head exploded all over his ego.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 9:57 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:09 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
You deaf?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:10 pm

Rage had three good albums, then they thought they were the second coming of Helloween with Jon Oliva at the board.

IE: lame
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:15 pm

I guess you can't be 100% cool. It's a Rage thread. 19976

You're in the high 90's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:48 pm

You just fell to the high 90's, as well. But stick with me. We'll get ya back up there. Just repeat after me:
E-V-E-R-Y T-H-I-N-G A-F-T-E-R "P-E-R-F-E-C-T M-A-N" S-U-C-K-E-D!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 10:50 pm

It's real easy....if ya listen to "Reflections of a shadow"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:39 pm

I thought I knew you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 2:42 am

TheNazgul wrote:
I thought I knew you.

You thought you knew perfect, almighty and all-knowing metal knowledge? You are still a student young Kane. Your next assignment - play Execution Guaranteed and then anything they released on Gun records. Then do it again.

I may let you walk the paper of rice if you have attained partial enlightenness at that time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:05 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
You just fell to the high 90's, as well. But stick with me. We'll get ya back up there. Just repeat after me:
E-V-E-R-Y T-H-I-N-G A-F-T-E-R "P-E-R-F-E-C-T M-A-N" S-U-C-K-E-D!!!!!

I don't care for Reflections or Secrets, to be honest, but Missing Link and Trapped are masterpieces, IMO. Manny Schmidt really came into his own on those albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's a Rage thread.   It's a Rage thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's a Rage thread.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next