Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

About RAGE dvd´s.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

About RAGE dvd´s. Empty
PostSubject: About RAGE dvd´s.   About RAGE dvd´s. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:24 pm

Lets talk on this post about two dvd´s by RAGE.
The first dvd is FROM THE CRADLE TO THE STAGE recorded live at their home town in Bochum back in 2004 celebrating 20 years in music first with AVENGER and later with RAGE. Great show, MIKE TERRANA totaly increible behind the drums and a great set list with old songs (even PRAYERS OF STEEL is on it) and newer songs from SOUNDCHASER etc... It also comes with a extra dvd with many old video clips, lot of extras etc...
The second dvd i like to talk about:
FULL MOON IN ST.PETERSBURG is a great live show recorded in Russia in front of many many people. A great live show recorded back in 2006 when they were on tour for their SPEAK OF THE DEAD album. Their are also some extras on it. It also comes with a extra cd with the same show on it.
Do you have this dvd´s??? What do you think about them??? I think they are just great.
Back to top Go down

About RAGE dvd´s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About RAGE dvd´s.   About RAGE dvd´s. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:41 pm

I only have from the Cradle to the Stage, I'm not a huge Rage fan so it's enjoyable to an extent with me, I agree with what you say about Mike, he is similar to Tommy Aldridge w/Whitesnake DVDs, as I really enjoy watching both Drummers, wasn't Mike on the Axel Rudi Pell "Knights Live" DVD, I have that too but It's packed away so I cant see.

I have no real interest in getting "Full Moon......" DVD unless I find a chear version
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

About RAGE dvd´s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About RAGE dvd´s.   About RAGE dvd´s. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Locky wrote:
I only have from the Cradle to the Stage, I'm not a huge Rage fan so it's enjoyable to an extent with me, I agree with what you say about Mike, he is similar to Tommy Aldridge w/Whitesnake DVDs, as I really enjoy watching both Drummers, wasn't Mike on the Axel Rudi Pell "Knights Live" DVD, I have that too but It's packed away so I cant see.

I have no real interest in getting "Full Moon......" DVD unless I find a chear version

I dont know about that AXEL RUDI PELL dvd, i dont have it but if he is on it, it will be nice to get it because its great to watch him play, so powerfull. Normaly i dont care much about drummers but he is just special.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

About RAGE dvd´s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About RAGE dvd´s.   About RAGE dvd´s. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:39 pm

I don't have either of these dvds but I do have the From The Cradle To The Stage live cd. Its ok. The sound on it doesn't sound so great to me. The performance sounded great though. Maybe the dvd sounds better. For some reason that seems to be the case sometimes. I was going to pick up Full Moon dvd but I figured since the other one was so close to this release I really didn't see a need to get it although I have all of the rage albums. I just got the new one Strings To A Web and that came with a dvd of the show they did at Waken with some special guests. That was really good.

I really don't watch too many band dvds. Id like to see some old videos so maybe I'll pick up that Full Moon one.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6385

About RAGE dvd´s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About RAGE dvd´s.   About RAGE dvd´s. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:44 pm

The new album Strings to a Web also comes with a bonus DVD that has the Wacken 2009 show featured. Or at least nine tracks of it. There's also four other songs from three separate shows. I didn't watch it yet, but maybe later tonight or tomorrow.

I don't have either of the actual Rage DVD releases.
Back to top Go down

About RAGE dvd´s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About RAGE dvd´s.   About RAGE dvd´s. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:13 pm

krokus wrote:

I dont know about that AXEL RUDI PELL dvd, i dont have it but if he is on it, it will be nice to get it because its great to watch him play, so powerfull. Normaly i dont care much about drummers but he is just special.

I've had a gander at the Axel live DVDs and Mike is on the 3 of them, so of to the shop you go...... About RAGE dvd´s. Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

About RAGE dvd´s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About RAGE dvd´s.   About RAGE dvd´s. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:16 am

Locky, i will look out for those dvd´s of AXEL RUDI PELL. Thankssssssss.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

About RAGE dvd´s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About RAGE dvd´s.   About RAGE dvd´s. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:30 am

I have the 'Cradle to the Stage' one and while the show is a good show, the second DVD is really the focal point, with a lot of interviews, old footage, music videos, extra live footage, lots of stuff. I don't have the St Petersburg one because to me it just seemed like the same thing, but one album later and with lasers (although, lasers are cool). I would suggest maybe you try to get 'The Video Link' which is from the part of the 'The Missing Link' tour called 'Melodic Metal Strikes Back', which also included Gamma Ray, Conception, and Helicon. Gamma Ray has a good video from that tour as well, 'Lust for Live'. 'The Video Link' shows that Rage lineup at a peak with an amazing setlist (though not quite as amazing as the setlist for the 'End of all Days' tour). They just don't click as much or are as entertaining on the new videos..
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

About RAGE dvd´s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About RAGE dvd´s.   About RAGE dvd´s. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:38 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I have the 'Cradle to the Stage' one and while the show is a good show, the second DVD is really the focal point, with a lot of interviews, old footage, music videos, extra live footage, lots of stuff. I don't have the St Petersburg one because to me it just seemed like the same thing, but one album later and with lasers (although, lasers are cool). I would suggest maybe you try to get 'The Video Link' which is from the part of the 'The Missing Link' tour called 'Melodic Metal Strikes Back', which also included Gamma Ray, Conception, and Helicon. Gamma Ray has a good video from that tour as well, 'Lust for Live'. 'The Video Link' shows that Rage lineup at a peak with an amazing setlist (though not quite as amazing as the setlist for the 'End of all Days' tour). They just don't click as much or are as entertaining on the new videos..

Yeah, i have THE VIDEO LINK, on vhs original. I bought it when it came out and it was expensive i remember About RAGE dvd´s. Icon_biggrin . Yes, i agree, the second dvd is really cool with video clips etc... I still think you should check out the ST.PETERSBURG dvd because they play in front of many people and the show is totally diferent then the other dvd. Check it out.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

About RAGE dvd´s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About RAGE dvd´s.   About RAGE dvd´s. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:50 pm

I recently got the edition of the new album with the bonus DVD..

Initial reactions....

- Peavy is.. very large. I will now refer to him as 'The P Force'. Still one of the coolest people in metal. But I was not completely aware of his imposing-ness.

- Victor Smolski loves the crap out of this band and it shows. His contributions are pretty uneven sometimes but I'm very glad he's there. Watching him always makes me want to go jam out because of his jamming out.

- Andre has the chops to play in this band, though he doesn't tend to change up parts like Mike Terrana, which is a good or bad thing just depending on who you are. A song or two he seemed a little unsure still, however.

- Hansi Kursch singing all the old crazy high parts of 'Invisible Horizons' is a trip. Hansi on stage with his new ratty short hair is a trip. Hansi on stage in general is a trip, the man has no stage presence and yet manages to rule somehow.

- The 'Carved in Stone' stuff sounds listenable, but 2 songs is still too much.

- Schmier sounds like Alexi Laiho when he sings Rage songs.

- Wacken Open Air rules and I want to go there before I die.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6385

About RAGE dvd´s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About RAGE dvd´s.   About RAGE dvd´s. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:54 pm

I watched it, too, last weekend actually.

Having not heard the Carved in Stone album, those tracks sound very good.

Hansi looked strange, but sounded great. That chick was great, too. The setlist was a bit awkward, but I don't mind as long as the performance was great and the sound as good as it was here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

About RAGE dvd´s. Empty
PostSubject: Re: About RAGE dvd´s.   About RAGE dvd´s. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About RAGE dvd´s.
Page 1 of 1