Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RAGE!!!

Go down 
+13
scottmitchell74
MetalRob331
iamrockerfun
stormspell
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
kmorg
SideShowDisaSter
krokus
Required Fields
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:58 am

Any fans of this German heavy metal band? They've been around for nearly 30 years and have stayed pretty much withing the confines of classic heavy metal/power metal, with some experiments with thrash, speed metal and progressive metal.

I picked up "Soundchaser" on LaLa for $1.75. GREAT, GREAT album.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40462

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 10:05 am

HUGE Rage fan ! I think everyone of their releases is excellent but my fave is Secrets in a Weird World with Trapped! a close second. Every song on Secrets is killer but the best is probably Invisible Horizons.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28594

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 11:03 am

Good band.

Time Waits For No One!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:04 pm

I love this band too. My fave albums are the first three(REIGN OF FEAR, EXECTUTION GUARENTEED and PERFECT MAN). Those albums were pure euro heavy/speed metal. Later with SECRETS IN A WEIRD WORLD and REFLECTION OF A SHADOW they got more comercial(music and looks) trying to get in the North American market. SECRETS is the best of those two. From TRAPPED they went a little back to the euro metal sound and from LINGUA MORTIS they even started to put clasical influences in their music. The last album i bougth was XIII back in 98. My girlfriend have GHOST but we didnt realy liked it anymore. 1998 was the end of RAGE in my opinion. Nowadays they dont know how to right GREAT songs anymore. SAD BUT TRUE (this is just my opinion of course).
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4606

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:07 pm

I love their first 3 album. Execution Guaranteed is probably my favorite, as it's closest to the thrash realm.

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:55 pm

Outstanding band! One of my favorites. And Soundchaser is killer! That's a great score through lala, man.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 2:57 pm

I couldn't stand them for years, but now I love them. Especially their latter releases.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 3:13 pm

One of my favorite bands of all time. I'm missing only two albums in my collection (Ghost and Welcome to the Other Side), which will not last for too long.

My favorite would probably be the Unity album, but they are all good. And their new album should drop in the not so distant future with their new drummer.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 3:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Outstanding band! One of my favorites. And Soundchaser is killer! That's a great score through lala, man.

Yes, and it was actually in mint condition. Shocking!! Shocked
Back to top Go down

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 4:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Yes, and it was actually in mint condition. Shocking!! Shocked
Did you luck out with a bonus track?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37849

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 8:07 pm

Awesome band! I only have a couple of their CDs as I jumped on the bandwagon a little late (the first Rage album I bought was XIII, which came out in 1998!) but I've been on board ever since. SOUNDCHASER is my favorite thus far, haven't heard the most recent one (SPEAK OF THE DEAD) however.

I did have the REIGN OF FEAR disc at one time but traded it off... Peavey couldn't carry a tune in a bucket at that time, he sounded like the love child of Geddy Lee and John Gallagher (Raven) whose nuts were being nibbled by weasels. Thank goodness he seems to have taken some vocal lessons since then...
Back to top Go down

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 8:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Awesome band! I only have a couple of their CDs as I jumped on the bandwagon a little late (the first Rage album I bought was XIII, which came out in 1998!) but I've been on board ever since. SOUNDCHASER is my favorite thus far, haven't heard the most recent one (SPEAK OF THE DEAD) however.
XIII was my first Rage album, too, and it has a special place in my heart. Haha. Speaking of heart, "Heartblood" is my favorite Rage song. I frickin' love it!

Quote :
I did have the REIGN OF FEAR disc at one time but traded it off... Peavey couldn't carry a tune in a bucket at that time, he sounded like the love child of Geddy Lee and John Gallagher (Raven) whose nuts were being nibbled by weasels. Thank goodness he seems to have taken some vocal lessons since then...
He was pretty rough early in Rage's career, but there's something endearing about his vocals. They fit in that way that bad vocals fit Motorhead and AC/DC, you know?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37849

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 9:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:

He was pretty rough early in Rage's career, but there's something endearing about his vocals. They fit in that way that bad vocals fit Motorhead and AC/DC, you know?

Yea, I guess, but it was quite a shock to hear him caterwauling like that since I was already used to his more melodic current style.

By the way, great pick on "Heartblood" as your favorite Rage song... that thing crushes! It's my fave on that album for sure, dunno if it's my all time fave Rage song though (I think that would have to go to the "Wake The Nightmares/Death Is On Its Way" combo from SOUNDCHASER)...

Rage on brothers! 🤘
Back to top Go down

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 10:58 pm

I also really love "No Regrets" from Speak Of The Dead. A lot of people didn't like the sort of industrial sound of it, but I think the crushes! Love it. Check out the "live" version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfM30jKK1pI

Anyone ever notice how "Great Old Ones" starts out very much like "Wildside" by Motley Crue?
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4606

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 11:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Yea, I guess, but it was quite a shock to hear him caterwauling like that since I was already used to his more melodic current style.

Yah, he doesn't sound anything like he does now. He did fit the sound the band had at the time though. That raw speed / semi-thrash they played.

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 1:13 am

Meant to post this the other day. I reviewed a band called ShadowDivine a while back, and I think Rage fans would really dig them. So give 'em a listen:

Seven Steps To Hell (at 0:33 you'll hear the Rage similarities)
Inner Sanctum
The Lover’s Waltz

Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2007 8:05 am

I had their first 5 cd's back in the day. I havent listened to them in years but Ive heard they went back to making killer music again about 7 or 8 years ago.
Back to top Go down

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 5:10 am

i don't have anything to write about RAGE metal...i saw them at least 6 times,all of them great time for beer'n'headbanging...here's some of their cds i have, of the few that i have together in the mess of my collection-although i have 2-3 more which i din't have with the others...some other time their vinyls(which i also have from the glorious days of avenger)... great time was for me when i had mike"the troll" terrana in my home for feast....

RAGE!!! 2001177275847577194_rs

RAGE!!! 2001176454504784221_rs

RAGE!!! 2001121159476322749_rs
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 9:41 am

I used to follow them through the 80s, with perhaps PERFECT MAN my fav album. After THE MISSING LINK, however, they bacame sort of deja vu to me and I havent bought any of their new albums. I download and check them out, but all they do to me is make me play the old ones... so I dont buy em. Its the same with Running Wild
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 11:07 am

Dies Irae song is best !
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 4:15 am

I only own Speak of the Dead, just got it yesterday actually. That is one killer cd and if there previous releases sound anything like that i will be buying more. I had a few songs on a mixed cd and they were killer as well.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:15 am

Funny you mention Speak of the Dead. I just ordered it and it will be my first Rage as well....
Back to top Go down

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 10:53 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Funny you mention Speak of the Dead. I just ordered it and it will be my first Rage as well....

The Manni Schmidt era (Perfect Man - Missing Link) was the best era in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 4:17 pm

Been jamming Speak Of The Dead and I like it a lot. A few too many interludes, but the actual metal is great!
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 6:12 pm

One of my favorite bands. In my opinion, Victor Smolski is probably one of the best guitar players around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RAGE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAGE!!!   RAGE!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RAGE!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next