Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The NHL playoffs - Conference Finals

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

The NHL playoffs - Conference Finals Empty
PostSubject: The NHL playoffs - Conference Finals   The NHL playoffs - Conference Finals Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 7:25 pm

I meant to post this two or three days ago, but forgot for some reason.

Eastern Conference
Buffalo Sabres [1] vs. Ottawa Senators [4]
Last season, the Senators defeated the then-defending Stanley Cup champions the Tampa Bay Lightning in the first round before being defeated by Buffalo in the second round. This season, Ottawa hopes to avenge last season's defeat. However, Buffalo, who defeated the New York Islanders in the first round and the New York Rangers in the second round, are a stronger team this year than they were last year, and are even harder. Ottawa has had an excellent playoff so far, defeating Pittsburgh in the first round in only five games, and then thrashing the New Jersey Devils in five.
Prediction: Buffalo in six games.

Western Conference
Detroit Red Wings [1] vs. Anaheim Ducks [2]
The top two seeds in the Western Conference are about to square off. Detroit is the more experienced team of the two, but Anaheim are superior to the team in most other departments. In 2002-03, one of the most shocking sweeps in NHL history took place in the opening round, when Anaheim (who had made the playoffs for the first time in four years) swept the then-defending Stanley Cup champions in four straight. This series definitely should be more exciting, although Anaheim seems to be the favorite for sure.
Prediction: Anaheim in six games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: The NHL playoffs - Conference Finals   The NHL playoffs - Conference Finals Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 3:59 am

My hopes are on Ottawa for the Eastern Conference in 5 games, and Anaheim for the Western Conference in 6 games. That would be one hell of a Stanley Cup battle!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The NHL playoffs - Conference Finals   The NHL playoffs - Conference Finals Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 2:06 pm

Any team I cared about is now out.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: The NHL playoffs - Conference Finals   The NHL playoffs - Conference Finals Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 1:53 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Any team I cared about is now out.

Same here. I'll root for the Ducks now, though I think Ottawa will win it all this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The NHL playoffs - Conference Finals   The NHL playoffs - Conference Finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The NHL playoffs - Conference Finals
Page 1 of 1