Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals Empty
PostSubject: The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals   The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 7:36 pm

Eastern Conference
Buffalo Sabres [1] vs. New York Rangers [6]
After defeating the New York Islanders in the first round in five games, the Buffalo Sabres face the Islanders' rival, the New York Rangers. The Rangers advanced beyond the first round of the playoffs for the first time since 1997 after sweeping Atlanta. Buffalo, who finished with the league's top record in the regular season, have the edge over New York offensively. The two teams are about equal in goaltending, although Buffalo goaltender Ryan Miller is more consistent. The Rangers have the edge in toughness.
Prediction: Buffalo in six games.

New Jersey Devils [2] vs. Ottawa Senators [4]
The New Jersey Devils have the better edge in the goaltending department (two words: Martin Brodeur). Ottawa has the better edge in the offense department, with leading scorer Dany Heatley being one of only two players in the regular season to score 50 goals (Tampa Bay forward Vincent Lecavalier being the other). The Senators have long been a force in the regular season, but have only advanced to the third round of the playoffs once (in 2003, when the Devils defeated them in seven games).
Prediction: New Jersey in six games.

Western Conference
Detroit Red Wings [1] vs. San Jose Sharks [5]
The top seeded Detroit Red Wings defeated the Calgary Flames in six games in the opening round, getting revenge on the Flames' 2004 second round win over Detroit in 2004. San Jose defeated Nashville in the opening round in five games for the second straight season. Both teams are near equal offensively, with the Sharks scoring only four more goals in the regular season. Both teams are about equal in defense and goaltending, although this looks like it may be Red Wings goaltender Dominik Hasek's final playoff (Hasek won the Cup with Detroit in 2002).
Prediction: San Jose in seven games.

Anaheim Ducks [2] vs. Vancouver Canucks [3]
Roberto Luongo finally got to play for a team that made the post-season, and his first playoff has been memorable so far. The Anaheim Ducks had no problem taking out the Minnesota Wild in the first round. Vancouver were victorious in a very hard fought series against the Dallas Stars. Anaheim have the better defense (Niedermayer and Pronger...enough said). Vancouver are the superior team as far as offense and goaltending are concerned.
Prediction: Vancouver in seven games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals   The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 12:28 am

go, Jersey go!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals   The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 7:11 pm

Since the Penguins have been eliminated Sad , I don't really care now but I do feel that the Sabres will be eventual champs
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals   The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 6:54 pm

Since I live in San Jose I go with the Sharks, but I have doubts if they can pull it through the Red Wings with this goofer Nabokov spilling every puck *angry*. We shall see what happens tonight...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals   The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 1:03 am

stormspell wrote:
Since I live in San Jose I go with the Sharks, but I have doubts if they can pull it through the Red Wings with this goofer Nabokov spilling every puck *angry*. We shall see what happens tonight...

Nabokov has been absolutly stunning in the playoffs. He is easily playing the best of his career right now. The Wings are overrated. The only thing to worry about is Hasek, both for the Sharks and Wings.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals   The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 2:46 am

I disagree.
Nabokov has been spilling every 9 out of 10 pucks in the playoffs so far - uncontrolled rebounds all over for everyone to enjoy. He is just lucky he got the best defence infront, else the scores would have been very different.

Anyway, after seeing tonight how Hannan and the other guys was looking at him after conceding the second goal I do have some hopes to see him gone to the bench for good. This was the second game the red wings stole from us in the dying seconds of the regulation time by scoring form a mile-distant shot with no one iterfering with the goalie... an agony to watch...

I hate saying this, but if Nabokov keeps playing the sharks aint gonna move to the next round, mark my words.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals   The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 2:16 pm

Well I am a complete Sharks freak! Used to live there for a number of years and always attended games!

As for the playoffs, Sharks and Red wings are now tied in the number of games. Last nights game was a big disappointment. With the Red Wings scoring in the end of the 3rd period to tie the game up 2-2 pissed me off to no end. Then the penalty happened and Red Wings power play allowed them to score and win in overtime. UGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals   The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 5:55 pm

Yes, we should have been at least 3:1 aggregate as of today... oh well...

Yesterday was an agony. When Naby conceded the 2-nd goal I just couldnt watch anymore and switched to Lost. I guess I knew what was coming...
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals   The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 6:43 pm

Ugh, Nabokov! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals   The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 1:44 am

stormspell wrote:
I disagree.
Nabokov has been spilling every 9 out of 10 pucks in the playoffs so far - uncontrolled rebounds all over for everyone to enjoy. He is just lucky he got the best defence infront, else the scores would have been very different.

Anyway, after seeing tonight how Hannan and the other guys was looking at him after conceding the second goal I do have some hopes to see him gone to the bench for good. This was the second game the red wings stole from us in the dying seconds of the regulation time by scoring form a mile-distant shot with no one iterfering with the goalie... an agony to watch...

I hate saying this, but if Nabokov keeps playing the sharks aint gonna move to the next round, mark my words.

Nabokov played his heart out in the first round, same in the first four games of this round. He gives up rebounds on low pad shots, just about every goalie does that. Nabokov's positioning has be almost flawless until today. I'm not a Nabokov die-hard either, I have been crying for Toskala to get the #1 since the begining of the season, but as of now Nabokov shoudl get it without a doubt. He's been making saves to show he's at the top of his game, he's been using his glove like he used to (easily one of the best gloves in the game right now), and does not hardly ever give up rebounds if the puck doesn't hit his pads. Most of the late goals detroit has been getting you can easily blame on Hannan or McLaren or the lack of help the forwards have been giving the defense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals   The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The NHL playoffs - Conference Semi-Finals
Page 1 of 1