Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Idiot Thread

Go down 
+9
Troublezone
Required Fields
EvyMetal
Mglaffas81
tohostudios
Hamer12
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:30 pm

I wanted to post a story I heard but didn't want a thread just on one thing. I decided to make this a thread where we can share stories of idiocy in our world either from personal experience or other sources.

In Kissimmee, FL a woman calls 911 to tell them she is locked inside her car and she's getting faint. The car won't start and none of the electrical stuff works. The operator asks if she can unlock it manually and she says she'll try. It worked and she was rescued.

We have gotten to the point where everything works automatically rendering people too stupid to do things the old fasion way. Ain't technology great?!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:33 pm

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-kissimmee-911-locked-car-040109,0,270094.story
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:44 pm

Quote :
We have gotten to the point where everything works automatically rendering people too stupid to do things the old fasion way. Ain't technology great?!

My boy lost/misplaced/hid the remote for the living room tv. He's just over a year old, so asking him is pointless. The problem is, it's the remote for the cable box. Without it, you cannot change the channel. The old analog cable boxes had keypads on the top, so even if you lost the remote, you could still walk over to the box and switch channels. Not the new digital ones. We were stuck watching Bravo till the next day when my wife found the remote in the silverware drawer in the kitchen.

It was at that exact moment when I said "Why didn't we just bring down the remote from the cable box upstairs and change the channel?"

D'oh!

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:46 pm

I thought this would be a thread were we could name all the idiots on here Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:51 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
I thought this would be a thread were we could name all the idiots on here Razz

We've already got that function...

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/memberlist.forum

Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:53 pm

If you really want to see stupidity in motion, come work in the service department of a car dealership one day. We have a saying around here, You can teach ignorant , But stupid is forever.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:01 pm

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-us&tab=soapbox&vid=d1d83647-26aa-474e-8153-090c25974021

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:14 pm

Hamer12 wrote:
If you really want to see stupidity in motion, come work in the service department of a car dealership one day. We have a saying around here, You can teach ignorant , But stupid is forever.

Aint that the truth.Here at our Dealership we always say,"You dont have to be crazy to work here but it sure helps."
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:41 pm

Well, it's not so much stupidity, but I find the English "translated" signs, menu's and whatnot in China are freakin' hilarious! Here are some I find particularly funny.

There was a carnival, and there was this little track with the little kiddy electic cars (you know, the ones that go half the speed of what you walk) - There was a huge sign that said, "NO DRUNK DRIVING!!" Laughing

Also on some pirate-copied DVDs (which is all you can get in China), mostly the ones featuring movies that have just come out in theaters, contain English subtitles that have been translated entirely from these chinese translating devices - Now remember, the structure of words are totally different in Chinese, among many other grammatical rules. A line I will always remember - The original line was, "Change his diaper, and remember to pouder his butt! - In the subtitles it came out as, "Rid him of the urinal slices and wank the asswipe!" Laughing

And of course the many signs at museums, parks, stores, etc.

"Ling Ghuo - Expert in repaired watches"

"You drink and drive - YOU LOSE!!"

"Please do not die here" (I saw this sign in real life at some famouse caves)

And the brand-new, English-style restaurant - "FISH, BEER, AND TEA"

And on the very professional label on my pill glass - "Take pills, if your insides are not environmentally friendly"

And on a menu' at a local chinese restaurant

"The tomatoe explodes the duck"

"Greasy Sucking-Pig"

"Cat-fertilised fish"

And the waterworld with three changing rooms

MEN- WOMEN - FAT PEOPLE
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:46 pm

Quote :

MEN WOMEN FAT PEOPLE

lol! I think they might be onto something with that one!

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:15 pm

fmylife.com

a whole bunch of stupid people, some may be fake but still a riot to read.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :

MEN WOMEN FAT PEOPLE

What would be the cirteria though? I am fat but not morbidly obese and I don't want to change with a bunch of beached whales espcially if they're women.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28448

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:15 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Quote :

MEN WOMEN FAT PEOPLE

What would be the cirteria though? I am fat but not morbidly obese and I don't want to change with a bunch of beached whales espcially if they're women.

By celebrity standards. there are two weight classes for women, according to a lot of people: anorexic and obese.

I'm not like that, but it seems that way for a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:01 am

Quote :
I am fat but not morbidly obese and I don't want to change with a bunch of beached whales espcially if they're women.

So you prefer changing with large men? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:39 am

Quote :

That reminds me of the movie Wall-e where all the humans are fat blobs on floating recliners. Laughing
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:57 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

That reminds me of the movie Wall-e where all the humans are fat blobs on floating recliners. Laughing

LOL!!!!!

Stupid people - yesterday, say a guy in an acura not paying attention and slam into the rear end of an SUV
Back to top Go down

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:00 pm

I'll admit to being stupid sometimes. You ever sat at a red light and the one up ahead turns green and you start to go?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 3:20 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I'll admit to being stupid sometimes. You ever sat at a red light and the one up ahead turns green and you start to go?

No but I've hung a left on red by accident; just a total brain fart.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:11 pm

Today, I
came home to find a sock I previously used to whack off on my bed with
googly eyes and a mouth drawn on it with a note that read "because you
can't find a real girl I made your current one prettier, Love Mom."
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 11:27 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :
I am fat but not morbidly obese and I don't want to change with a bunch of beached whales espcially if they're women.

I prefer changing by myself, I like my privacy.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:42 am

DallasBlack wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :

Good luck with all the hidden cameras nowadays.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:31 am

Troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :

Good luck with all the hidden cameras nowadays.

As long as I don't know about it, it wouldn't bother me. Also, I doubt anyone would want to see me naked. Hell, I don't even like to see myself naked!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:27 pm

http://decibelmagazine.com/Content.aspx?ncid=294311

lol!

little confused, isn't he?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 9:36 pm

sam wrote:
http://decibelmagazine.com/Content.aspx?ncid=294311

lol!

little confused, isn't he?

I remember some Christian fanatic tearing apart Christian metal and accused Mortification of having a pentegram on one of their albums:

The Idiot Thread D87951opyw7
Back to top Go down
Conservationist
Metal novice
Metal novice
Conservationist

Number of posts : 87

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:23 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
We have gotten to the point where everything works automatically rendering people too stupid to do things the old fasion way.

I disagree. I think most of these people were stupid before technology.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Idiot Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Idiot Thread   The Idiot Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Idiot Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next