Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Go down 
+12
ZombieHavoc
muckie
corplhicks
Witchfinder
Thrasher73
manny
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
7thSaviour
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 8:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Is it just me, or does Violent New Breed still sound like Shotgun Messiah with some industrial effects layered on top? It still has loads of those quality glam metal hooks, which is probably why I like it.

Harry Cody's guitar is still prominent on the V.N.B. stuff, so it still has that "metal" edge to it in spite of all the techno-electro noodling going on around it.  

You can hear the difference if you check out Tim Skold's debut as a solo artist ("Skold," 1996)... which is way more cold and sterile (i.e. proper "industrial" sounding) than VNB.

I think that's why I'm such a fan of VNB; it's industrial but it's a more "organic" industrial. It also still retains a sense of melody, something a lot of industrial bands frequently eschew.

SHOTGUN MESSIAH
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4