Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SHOTGUN MESSIAH

Go down 
+12
ZombieHavoc
muckie
corplhicks
Witchfinder
Thrasher73
manny
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
7thSaviour
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:44 am

I am a fan Marilyn 'I wish I was Alice' Mason, but he really doesnot look that much cooler than the Shotgun Messiah lads.

SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Marilyn-manson_000784_MainPicture
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:45 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Laughing very hard Gheyest... photo... EVER.

I always thought would have been those 2 Jersey guys sitting on a rock back in the 80's.

Oops.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17147

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:46 am

Quote :

Laughing very hard Tim Skold is a member of Marilyn Manson's band nowadays, I wonder if they pin up photos like those around the studio just to f*ck with him. Laughing

Who Manson?? He is guilty of the same thing. Fishnets, smeared lipstick...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37865

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:48 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Laughing very hard Tim Skold is a member of Marilyn Manson's band nowadays, I wonder if they pin up photos like those around the studio just to f*ck with him. Laughing

Who Manson?? He is guilty of the same thing. Fishnets, smeared lipstick...

Yea, but he's all, like, dark-n-stuff. Marilyn would never wear neon colors.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
Maybe it should've been the first Skold album instead? Wink

Oddly enough, as much as I dug VIOLENT NEW BREED, I couldn't get into that Skold album at all. As I said, VNB still had enough "metal" in it to keep me interested, but the self-titled Skold album went total industrial and just sounded too cold and sterile for me.
I really liked the Skold disc, but it's only an 8.5/10 compared to the perfection of VNB! I like where you'r e coming from, man! I can see I have some fundamentally rockin' bands in common with ya, AND I'M GLAD OF IT! 🤘 SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 505193 🇬🇹
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:49 am

Manson is one big mouthed ugly ass.

SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Marilyn-manson_000784_MainPicture
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

SAXON1500 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Laughing very hard Gheyest... photo... EVER.

I always thought would have been those 2 Jersey guys sitting on a rock back in the 80's.

Oops.

You wound me, sir. SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 82702

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:50 am

I never kept up with them after the S/T,which was a great hair metal album.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:50 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yeah, I saw him with MM a few years back. That's when John 5 was still with 'em, too.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

thrasher73 wrote:
It was a good album, for sure, but IMO SC was even better!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:51 am

thrasher73 wrote:

I didn't like the self-titled SM much at all, mostly due to the vocalist at the time (Zinny Zan), who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket. When Skold took over vocals on the second album, they improved 100%.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:51 am

SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 1210517452_f

Tim is to the left of Marilyn.

SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 75392440_small

I'd say it's a bit of a departure from the glam days of old. Less neon, for one thing.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:53 am

Quote :
Less neon, for one thing.

More "Baby Jane"... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:54 am

Tim looks like a sad Goth clown now.

On a side note, how frickin funny would it be to see Marilyn Manson and band bust into a cover of SM's "Sexdrugsrocknroll" or "Heartbreak Blvd" sometime? Laughing

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:56 am

*Sings* Heartbreak Blvd!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYUjDi0xKPQ
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:58 am

Didn't Skold to a turn in KMFDM as well?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:00 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Didn't Skold to a turn in KMFDM as well?
Yes he did, for a few years. He may still be involved, for all I know.

IT'S NOT ENOUGH! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 7:14 pm

SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 83628
Bumpity bumpin' a positively ancient thread.... Divebomb Records is about to give the reissue treatment to Shotgun Messiah's first two sought after albums (the self titled and Second Coming)... they're expected to ship on May 15th.

SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 DIVE077-cover1
SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 DIVE078-cover1

You can pre-order 'em here: http://tribunalrecords.bigcartel.com/

Yeah, I know, Shawn of Fire is usually the guy who pimps for Divebomb around here but I just preordered the pair and wanted to share my headbanger ! I can finally throw away the CD-R of Second Coming that I've been making do with for so many years!!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 7:28 pm

Are these going to be remastered/remixed?

I already have Second Coming on CD and I never was a fan of the S/T which I have on vinyl.  I might consider buying Second Coming if it's remastered/mixed.

My favorite Shotgun Messiah album is actually the third one that everyone hates.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7628

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 7:31 pm

I've got their three albums on CD and their EP on cassette.  I like all of their albums, and I think Violent New Breed sounds pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 7:34 pm

Violent New Breed was my "gateway album" into the world of industrial metal so I'll always have a soft spot for it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 7:39 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Are these going to be remastered/remixed?

I already have Second Coming on CD and I never was a fan of the S/T which I have on vinyl.  I might consider buying Second Coming if it's remastered/mixed.

My favorite Shotgun Messiah album is actually the third one that everyone hates.

Divebomb sez they've both been remastered, for whatever that's worth. No bonus tracks tho. I was kinda hoping that they might tack the songs from the I Want More EP to the back of Second Coming....no such luck.

I was never crazy about the self titled back in the day either (that Zinny Zan dude couldn't carry a tune in a bucket) so I was gonna pass on that re-ish, but just outta curiosity I listened to a couple of tunes from it on YouTube and they were better than I remembered, so I went "Ehhhh, what the hell" and ordered that one too.

Besides, the first 100 people who order both CDs get a free S.M. logo magnet! Think how METAL that'll look on my fridge if I'm one of the lucky 100! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40516

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 7:48 pm

Never heard anything from this band (that I recall) but I'd be willing to give these a shot.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 7:54 pm

Quote :
Never heard anything from this band

From the first album:

From Second Coming:

From Violent New Breed:

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 8:04 pm

Quote :
From Violent New Breed:

headbanger

Good choice on that track from Second Coming too.  That's my favorite from that album.

PostSubject: Re: SHOTGUN MESSIAH   SHOTGUN MESSIAH - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SHOTGUN MESSIAH
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next