Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise

Go down 
+12
brontotex
Ben Grimm
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
akeldama
thejokeriv
Svengo
manny
MetalGuy71
7thSaviour
ultmetal
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Empty
PostSubject: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:16 pm

Someone brought up this album at the Thrash Unlimited forum and people tore it to pieces, most saying the CD wasn't even good enough to be a coaster under their beer.

What are people's thoughts here about this CD?

Personally, I think it's a great Anthrax album. It's not the thrash of old, but it's still an excellent heavy metal platter. Bush is an exceptional vocalist and does a great job on this one IMO.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:17 pm

SOWN 9/10 I think it's the best Bush-fronted Anthrax CD, with WCFYA running a close second @ 8.5/10!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:18 pm

http://www.brianleemarshall.com/anthrax_sound.htm

I can't be completely unbiased about this album because it came out at what I felt was a turning point in music and it sounded uninspired to me at the time, but I have since warmed up to it. But it will never be a regular player for me.

Quote :
excellent heavy metal platter

Can I get that with rings instead of fries? Smile

Last edited by SpectreFate on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:23 pm

Love this album. Almost made me forget about the Belladonna era. Almost. Has some of my favorite Anthrax songs on it though. Just listened to it not long ago on my mp3 player.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:25 pm

It is my favorite Anthrax album, John Bush is one of my favorite vocalist, I would stack this album against any album from the Belladonna era.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:32 pm

I think it's an awesome album. I can honestly say it's my third favorite Anthrax disc behind Among the Living and Persistence of Time.
It's an extremely solid album all the way through. From the great opener Potter's Field to the make you wanna break everything in sight greatness of 1000 Points of Hate and the laid back coolness of Black lodge, I just don't find too much to complain about with this album.

Plus if you have the re-release you get some awesome covers of Cheap Trick, Thin Lizzy, and Smiths tunes.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:33 pm

It's a good album, not my favorite Anthrax album, but a good one!!! I would venture to say it's the best of the Bush era
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:34 pm

My second favorite Anthrax album (behind Persistence Of Time). Everything seems to come together perfectly on this album, the songwriting is memorable, the performances inspired. I wish John Bush was still in the band.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:36 pm

Svengo wrote:
I think it's an awesome album. I can honestly say it's my third favorite Anthrax disc behind Among the Living and Persistence of Time.
It's an extremely solid album all the way through. From the great opener Potter's Field to the make you wanna break everything in sight greatness of 1000 Points of Hate and the laid back coolness of Black lodge, I just don't find too much to complain about with this album.

Plus if you have the re-release you get some awesome covers of Cheap Trick, Thin Lizzy, and Smiths tunes.

Cool! I didnot know that, I am interested hearing their take on these bands tunes.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:36 pm

1.State Of Euphoria
2.Persistence Of Time
3.SOWN
4.WCFYA
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:42 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
It's a good album, not my favorite Anthrax album, but a good one!!! I would venture to say it's the best of the Bush era

This for the most part, if Vol 8 sounded as in the pocket as SOWN it'd be the best of the Bush administration.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:57 pm

Svengo wrote:
this pretty much sums it up for me as well.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 3:07 pm

This album got me into the band so its one of my favorites of theirs.

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 3:49 pm

Quote :
It is my favorite Anthrax album, John Bush is one of my favorite vocalist, I would stack this album against any album from the Belladonna era.

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 6:13 pm

It's the best Anthrax album of the John Bush era.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 7:27 pm

It is an awesome album, "only" is a killer song a lot of bands wish they could write a song that good including Beladonna era Anthrax.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:06 pm

AS a fanatical Armored Saint follower I was devastated by the death of Dave Pritchard, then I was ecstatic over the release of Symbol Of Salvation. Then I was devastated again by the breakup of Armored Saint. Then when Bush showed up on The Sound Of White Noise I was excited and glad to have him back doing something. It is my favorite Anthrax album due to his performance. However it is not as good IMO as any of the Armored Saint albums
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:12 pm

I like it except the drum sound.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:15 pm

This was actually the first CD I ever had. Really good record. Love "Black Lodge".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:19 am

I listened to this again for the first time in a few years yesterday and I suppose I just don't like this record. It does nothing for me, but I don't think it's terrible.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:24 am

This album killed Anthrax for me like Raid.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:55 am

I never cared for it much either. I bought it as a new release, listened to it occasionally over the next year or so, and finally decided "Meh," and traded it off. John Bush was never a good fit for the band IMO.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:12 am

I never liked Joey's vox, so I love this cd. Best they made, imo.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:14 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:
I never liked Joey's vox, so I love this cd. Best they made, imo.

I felt the same way, I never cared for Belladonna's voice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 12:43 pm

Gasp, are you allowed to say that? Ult will squeeze your eyeballs out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise   ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANTHRAX - Sound of White Noise
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next