Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arch Enemy

Go down 
+8
kmorg
AchrisK
Smindas
Hamer12
Todd Jaymz
sovdat
ghost
mc666
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Arch Enemy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 11:00 am

mc666 wrote:
pop music? musicly they are not much different than a band like Nevermore.

No way! Arch Enemy are way more anthemic. I see Nevermore and much more complex and varied. Much more. AE seems to be either wailing away (which I like), or playing feel-good (or feel-bad) metal anthems (which I hate).

ack
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 11:07 am

The music is cool, but the vocals (male or female) turn me off. And it might sound sexist, but I don't like females trying to sing like gutteral guys.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 7:47 pm

I dont have anything personal against her and dig plenty of female-fronted bands. But with Arch Enemy for the music they play it is a total waste. Why play such technical power/thrash metal and then top it off with the most one-dimesnional and boring death growler.

I'd compare Arch Enemy musicwise to bands like Skyfire, Norther, CoB, etc. and I'm not real big fan of the screeching blackened vokills either, but even Alexi Laiho sounds like Luchiano Pavarotti compared to Angela to me. And if you check the latest Norther album where they did get Ranta to sing with clear baritone you can see how big difference this did make.

Get a decent vocalist to match the music and give youerself room to evlolve! Coz right now the last arch Enemy has some fantastic tunes and one can tell the band is evolving, but the chick is holding them all back big time.

I can understand a lot of people dig her coz she's hot chick, but when I go to a concert I want to listen to good music first, and cant care less if the singer is hot chick, or fat old-fart like Messiah Marcolin (whom I respect immensely, dont get me wrong!). If I want to see hot chicks I'd go to the streptease bar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 12:42 am

it's not about "hot chicks". some people like death type vocals. obviously, if you do not, you will not enjoy Arch Enemy. go pick up a Vixen cd.

sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 7:48 am

She's more of a "screamo" type of vocalist than a death metal vocalist ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 10:35 pm

Really? I don't get a screamo impression from her.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 12:25 am

that's because she's more of a death metal type of vocalist than a "screamo" vocalist ...

stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 12:49 am

mc666 wrote:
it's not about "hot chicks". some people like death type vocals. obviously, if you do not, you will not enjoy Arch Enemy. go pick up a Vixen cd.

Of course it is all about being hot chick. If she wasnt a hot chick married to the boss she wouldnt last more than 5 seconds in this band. I can bet my ole hat on that!

By the way, I do own first two Vixen CDs already, thanks. Janet Gardner may not be so hot like Angela, but she surely is one hell of a singer! 🤘
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 12:50 am

sovdat wrote:
She's more of a "screamo" type of vocalist than a death metal vocalist ...

fainting :geek:
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 1:28 am

stormspell wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Of course it is all about being hot chick. If she wasnt a hot chick married to the boss she wouldnt last more than 5 seconds in this band. I can bet my ole hat on that!
bet your hat & lose it... & Vixen blows. laughing

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 12:17 pm

mc666 wrote:
Cjanz wrote:
I'm really amazed at the vocalist.
what part of her amazes you? :lmao:

i love Arch Enemy. especially the Angela material. she's a much better vocalist than they had.

hmmm i wonder.......

na seriously i have seen them live and she is a looker and cans ing well plus arch enemy are awesome but for some reason or another they just dont excite me

AND THEY AINT A DEATH METAL BAND
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 12:50 pm

I NEVER STATED THAT THEY WERE

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 1:01 pm

ah no ya misuenderstand me i aint tryiing to discredit owt you have said i am just saying in general that they are not a melodic death metal band like people say
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 10:54 pm

Well, that's what I say they are. What do you consider them?

Because YOUR opinion might rule all of ours right? Suspect
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 12:28 am

i guess i would call them melodic post thrash? hell if i know, but i would not label them death either.

but it sure as hell ain't pop music, like someone said earlier Laughing very hard

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 5:58 am

na it aint pop music at all but i spose it is more pop than death metal lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arch Enemy   Arch Enemy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arch Enemy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2