Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!

Go down 
+21
MetalFRO
Glenn Rogers
manny
Stender
vanillaviking
metalinmyveins
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
sam
Svengo
QuothTheRaven
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Shiney
Addy
Mglaffas81
INVADERS
kmorg
Troublezone
metalmaniac122
akeldama
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
METALLICA's current bassist "'is not gonna play at all. We want you to play.'

Quote :
wants to see the 'black' album (1991's 'Metallica') band'

Great. I guess we can look forward to hearing 'Enter Sandman' for the 60 billionth time. :wall:

yep. Are they only playing one song?
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:53 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
METALLICA's current bassist "'is not gonna play at all. We want you to play.'

Quote :
wants to see the 'black' album (1991's 'Metallica') band'

Great. I guess we can look forward to hearing 'Enter Sandman' for the 60 billionth time. angry

yep. Are they only playing one song?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090331/music_nm/us_metallica_1

Newsted is shipping in the amplifier rig he used during his tenure in
Metallica, as well as the Sadowski five-string bass that he notes "has
played more songs for Metallica than any other bass instrument in the
world." The group plans a sound check/rehearsal for Friday night, then
will play "something old (and) something new" on Saturday -- though
both songs will be from Newsted's tenure with the band. "One louder
than the next -- that's all I know," he said with a laugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:56 pm

Quote :
The group plans a sound check/rehearsal for Friday night, then will play "something old (and) something new" on Saturday -- though both songs will be from Newsted's tenure with the band

One and Enter Sandman. You all know it.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:11 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Quote :
The group plans a sound check/rehearsal for Friday night, then will play "something old (and) something new" on Saturday -- though both songs will be from Newsted's tenure with the band

One and Enter Sandman. You all know it.

I'm hoping for no Entering of the Sandman. If I never heard that song again, it wouldn't be to soon. I would like to think that they will go with something from really early in the catalog.

"Seek & Destroy" of "Whiplash" with probably "One".

I see them playing one shorter song, and one of their more epic numbers. I doubt that we'll see two songs that 6 + minutes in length.

It would be something like...

"Seek & Destroy" & "Enter Sandman"
"Whiplash" & "One"
"For Whom The Bell Tolls" & "One"
"Creeping Death" & "Enter Sandman"
"Master of Puppets" & "Enter Sandman"

...something like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:17 pm

They said they will both be from the Newsted era.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 6:11 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
They said they will both be from the Newsted era.

I took the Newsted era to mean songs that he and the band played live, and not necessarily the albums he was on. I guess that I interpreted it wrong.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:59 pm

I guess next year we will se a tour with Newsted. If that is the case it would be interesting to go, especially for the and justice for all songs.

As for a mustaine re-union, I think it would happen when Mustaine gets over his solo career. Probably on 3 or 4 years. You heard it here Cool
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:31 am

Last Caress/Green Hell & So What!

That's my guess.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:51 am

powermacho wrote:
I guess next year we will se a tour with Newsted.

Not a chance.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:43 am

A day after former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted told Billboard.com that his replacement, Robert Trujillo, would not take part in the performance part of Saturday night's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in Cleveland, a spokesman for the group's label, Warner Bros. Records, clarified that "Jason and Robert will both be playing METALLICA's induction songs." He did not indicate what the songs would be or if Newsted and Trujillo would be on stage together or separately.

METALLICA is flying in from Paris, where the group plays Wednesday and Thursday nights, with plans to rehearse with Newsted at soundcheck on Friday.

Earlier this week, Newsted — who was METALLICA's bassist from 1986-2001 — said that when Lars Ulrich called to invite him to play at the ceremony, the drummer told him that "Robert's not gonna play at all...He wants to be there as a fan, too, and wants to see the 'black' album (1991's 'Metallica') band." Newsted added that he never expected to play in the first place and was "totally on board" with the idea of the current version of METALLICA performing without him.

"I felt strongly they should go as that band and represent because...they're strong right now together," Newsted said. "There was no negativity, no hubbub or jealousy or silly, childish...It was years ago, man. We're just gonna have a...great celebration."
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:52 am

They ought to have a fight to the death to see who gets to play.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:54 am

They can pull a Iron Maiden and have more than one guy in the band playing the same instrument.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:42 am

There was another article before this one came out saying that Robert was totally cool not playing at the RNR induction ceremony that he wanted to be there as a fan which I thought was very classy of him
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:59 am

yeah i saw that and it seemed pretty cool to let jason play, i think it is right they both play (if that is even what happens). its become a bit of a saga though, i dont see what the fuss is about
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:00 am

Ahhhhh, the saga creates press, which is good advertising and marketing.

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:01 am

"Much Ado About Nothing" - Bill Shakespeare
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:01 am

The Gooch has returned
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3