Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!

Go down 
+21
MetalFRO
Glenn Rogers
manny
Stender
vanillaviking
metalinmyveins
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
sam
Svengo
QuothTheRaven
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Shiney
Addy
Mglaffas81
INVADERS
kmorg
Troublezone
metalmaniac122
akeldama
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Empty
PostSubject: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:29 am

Or maybe some lame panel of industry fart-lickers did it, who knows. But...

Ron McGovney will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with Metallica, but not Dave Mustaine. That is absolutely despicable. Ron McGovney! Jesus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:31 am

That's easily the best thread title I've ever seen.

Wasn't Mustaine invited by Metallica but couldn't attend due to touring commitments?
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:41 am

detuned wrote:
That's easily the best thread title I've ever seen.

Wasn't Mustaine invited by Metallica but couldn't attend due to touring commitments?

Yes it is d, as far as Ron being inducted I've heard conflicting stories but the last I've heard is that they'll induct three bass players along with the other three.
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 3:28 am

I'm sure Dave would be delighted to play with the band that he has been arguing with for 25 years.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 3:40 am

I heard Ron is attending but not being inducted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:05 am

Oh dear. So there's a bunch of stories on this, huh? Guess we'll see, then.

I think it would be pretty awesome to see these old farts jam on stage again. Just can the drama and frickin' rock.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 4:12 am

It's a crime that Mustaine isn't being inducted for the simple fact that he wrote a good portion of riffs on the first two albums that are still used to this day.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 6:21 am

So Jason will be there too?

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:00 am

the whole megadeth/metallica feud sucks balls...
Both bands espicially Mustaine need to get over it.
Mustaine needs to get over it and appriciated what he has! (Megadeth are miles better than Metallica anyways)...
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:10 am

kmorg wrote:
So Jason will be there too?

Yes he will, and he will be performing a handfull of songs with his old bandmates as well. It's going to kick ass 🤘
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:07 am

Mustaine doesnt need them, hes his own man with his own kick ass band

I heard he was invited too
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:15 am

Muystaine was invited...and I had heard he was all nice and not bubbling with animosity these days...so I dunno.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:27 am

Last I heard, Dave was indeed invited but Megadeth will be touring overseas at the time of the ceremony.

Ron McGovney? Where the hell did they find him??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:44 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Last I heard, Dave was indeed invited but Megadeth will be touring overseas at the time of the ceremony.

Ron McGovney? Where the hell did they find him??

Maybe they asked Katon W DePena?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:45 am

Dave was invited to perform with the band, but will already be overseas touring at that time.

Quote :
AUSTIN, Texas (Billboard)
Metallica is using
its upcoming Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction to stage what drummer
Lars Ulrich calls "a sort of family reunion."

"I don't think
there's a better time to come together than when it's about
celebration," Ulrich told Billboard.com. "I think everybody is proud of
their association (with Metallica), so we're reaching out to everybody
who's been a part of this, both inside the band on and on the periphery
of the band over the years. And there's a big group of people coming to
Cleveland for the weekend, so I look forward to seeing a lot of people
I haven't seen for a long time."

The Metallica guest list for
the April 4 induction includes staffers from the band's previous
labels, Megaforce and Elektra, journalists and photographers who have
been supportive over the group's career, producers and musician
friends. Metallica also invited founding guitarist Dave Mustaine, who
is unable to attend, and former bassists Ron McGovney and Jason
Newsted, who will. Newsted also plans to perform with Metallica during
the ceremony. Ray Burton, father of Cliff Burton, who was Metallica's
bassist from 1982 until his death in 1986, will accept on behalf of his
son.

Guitarist Kirk Hammett said Metallica was inspired to be
all-inclusive after it witnessed Blondie's acrimonious induction during
the 2006 Rock Hall ceremony. "There was so much politics and so much
drama," Hammett recalled, "that we collectively said to each other that
if that ever happens and we get inducted ... we don't want any of that,
because it kind of really puts a whole bad, sour note on the
celebration itself. We said to each other, 'Let's celebrate the fact
and let's not turn it into something negative.'"

Hammett called
Metallica's induction "pretty huge," and both he and Ulrich are pleased
the group is being honored while it's "still a vital band, still
somewhat relevant and somewhat active in making records and touring,"
according to Hammett. "To be in a position where we are simultaneously
being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and putting out a
video game ("Guitar Hero: Metallica," coming out Tuesday (March 31)),
it's a very, very cool thing."

"Sometimes," Ulrich added,
"especially with younger people, one has a tendency to quickly, when
accolades come your way, kinda go the cool way and say it doesn't mean
that much, 'Try me again in 10 years, dahling' ... I'd much rather be
inducted into the Hall of Fame while I'm still conscious enough to
experience and enjoy it and certainly more interested than it being 65
years from now or whenever."

Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea
will induct Metallica into the Hall of Fame. Metallica is taking a
break from the European leg of its Death Magnetic tour to attend the
ceremony, which will be broadcast live by Fuse TV. The band recently
announced a new set of North American dates, starting September 14 in
Nashville.

Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:58 am

On the surface at least, it sounds like the boys are being rather grown up. It would be cool if Mustaine could send a video statement or be hooked up by satellite or something to stop the naysayers from making a big deal about him not being there. Even though it sounds like he has a legitimate excuse.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:10 am

I still find it kind of ridiculous that anyone thinks that induction into the Rock "n Roll Hall of Fame is some kind of real indicator of a particular band's greatness.

It's a business and I wish more people would see at this and not some kind of ultimate arbiter of musical greatness.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:19 am

Svengo wrote:
I still find it kind of ridiculous that anyone thinks that induction into the Rock "n Roll Hall of Fame is some kind of real indicator of a particular band's greatness.

It's a business and I wish more people would see at this and not some kind of ultimate arbiter of musical greatness.

We've had this discussion before here. I don't think many here think it's such a great honor. The fact that some of the biggest bands of the 70's STILL have not been inducted while bands non-rock artists Madonna have makes it all sort of a joke. Kiss, Alice Cooper, Rush, Yes, Molly Hatchet, etc. have been eligible for a decade but haven't even been nominated.

Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:42 am

ultmetal wrote:
Svengo wrote:

We've had this discussion before here. I don't think many here think it's such a great honor. The fact that some of the biggest bands of the 70's STILL have not been inducted while bands non-rock artists Madonna have makes it all sort of a joke. Kiss, Alice Cooper, Rush, Yes, Molly Hatchet, etc. have been eligible for a decade but haven't even been nominated.
I would almost guess that induction into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame kinda works like those shows you see on VH1 like the, "Top 50 Greatest Bands of All Time".

The producers first identify bands that they think will appeal to their target demographic and then throw in a few bands that are lesser known by the public at large in order to give it some "street" cred.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:44 pm

great thread title, Mustiane just never could catch a break.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:01 pm

Megadeth just came off their tour with Priest Feast and were scheduled to play the Scars To Freedom thing but it was cancelled. A few finishing touches and the new album will soon be upon us.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:07 pm

I'm still scratching my head over the announcenment of Flea inducting them. Couldn't they get someone that was an influence on the band (ie Iommi or someone from Diamond Head) or someone they influenced? Flea just seems so out-of-left field as a choice. That seems more like a choice by management or tv execs.

As for Ron, how long was he actually in the band? That's fine if he attends the ceremony, but should he really be on stage and inducted with them? I say if you're not credited on an 'official' release, you're not included.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:19 pm

What about the guitar tech that played for James after he was burned in the pyro incident? Is he going to be inducted also?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:21 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
What about the guitar tech that played for James after he was burned in the pyro incident? Is he going to be inducted also?

yes, along with Phil Towle and all the people who buy Lars' artwork.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:23 pm

And didn't Bob Rock play bass on St. Anger? Is he going to be there too?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next