Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!

Go down 
+21
MetalFRO
Glenn Rogers
manny
Stender
vanillaviking
metalinmyveins
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
sam
Svengo
QuothTheRaven
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Shiney
Addy
Mglaffas81
INVADERS
kmorg
Troublezone
metalmaniac122
akeldama
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:26 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
And didn't Bob Rock play bass on St. Anger? Is he going to be there too?

No, it was between he and Rick Rubin's beard...the beard won.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:17 pm

Svengo wrote:
I still find it kind of ridiculous that anyone thinks that induction into the Rock "n Roll Hall of Fame is some kind of real indicator of a particular band's greatness.

It's a business and I wish more people would see at this and not some kind of ultimate arbiter of musical greatness.

All Hall of Fame's out there are businesses. As long as you have to pay to go see it, then it's a business. That includes the likes of the M.L.B., N.F.L., etc. I don't disagree that the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame is the most flawed, but in many ways, it's still in its infancy. Remember, it's only been since 1986 that the first member was inducted. It wasn't until 1995 that there was even a structure that one could walk into and visit.

The Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame has been a disaster since day one, so is anyone even surprised as it pertains to the inequities that have defined this institution? First of all, there should've been a Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame in existance for the better part of the last 40 years. Had this institution been around that long, we would've had artists/groups from the 50's, 60's, & 70's lock, stock, and barrelled by now. Unfortunately we are still inducting the likes of Little Anthony & The Imperials, who were a Doo-wop act in the 50's. I'm a big Doo-wop fan, but at this rate it will be another 20 years, before we see the likes of Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, Kiss, etc.

I believe that one day the travesties that have taken place within this institution will be rectified. Unfortunately, I think patience will have to be a virtue as it pertains to this very flawed institution.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm still scratching my head over the announcenment of Flea inducting them. Couldn't they get someone that was an influence on the band (ie Iommi or someone from Diamond Head) or someone they influenced? Flea just seems so out-of-left field as a choice. That seems more like a choice by management or tv execs.

As for Ron, how long was he actually in the band? That's fine if he attends the ceremony, but should he really be on stage and inducted with them? I say if you're not credited on an 'official' release, you're not included.
Didn't Flea try out for them when Cliff died? Or was that Claypool?

So Dave couldn't change tour plans for one night, overseas or not? Will be inducted, then? I mean, if he was just supposed to jam with them and not be inducted, I understand him not going. But if he's being inducted as well, it would only make sense that he go. Maybe getting on stage with these guys and tearing it up would heal old wounds.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 3:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm still scratching my head over the announcenment of Flea inducting them. Couldn't they get someone that was an influence on the band (ie Iommi or someone from Diamond Head) or someone they influenced? Flea just seems so out-of-left field as a choice. That seems more like a choice by management or tv execs.

As for Ron, how long was he actually in the band? That's fine if he attends the ceremony, but should he really be on stage and inducted with them? I say if you're not credited on an 'official' release, you're not included.

So Dave couldn't change tour plans for one night, overseas or not? Will be inducted, then? I mean, if he was just supposed to jam with them and not be inducted, I understand him not going. But if he's being inducted as well, it would only make sense that he go. Maybe getting on stage with these guys and tearing it up would heal old wounds.

I know Claypool did, and I've heard that Flea did too but I don't know.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 3:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Les Claypool definitely tried out, but I don't remember Flea ever being a part of that process back in 1986.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:49 pm

My memory is failing a bit, but doesn't McGovney play bass on the early version of Hit The Lights from Metal Massacre 1?
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:50 pm

you're getting INVITED & INDUCTED confused; cliff, jason & rob will be inducted & mustaine & mcgovney are invited.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:50 pm

Don't give two flying farts about Metallica, the hall of fame, or any of that. But if you want to hear some really cool McGovney stuff, along with Katon and Gene Hoglan...:

Phantasm
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:59 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Don't give two flying farts about Metallica, the hall of fame, or any of that. But if you want to hear some really cool McGovney stuff, along with Katon and Gene Hoglan...:

Phantasm

Too bad Katon is sold out on the reissue of the phantasm disc, I would pick it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:16 pm

vanillaviking wrote:
you're getting INVITED & INDUCTED confused; cliff, jason & rob will be inducted & mustaine & mcgovney are invited.
Truijillo is getting inducted? Shocked
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
vanillaviking wrote:
Truijillo is getting inducted? Shocked

Well, he's been in the band now for 6 years. It doesn't seem like it has been that long, but it has. It's weird to think that Cliff was only in the band for a little more than 3 and a half years. In Cliff's case, it was all about quality rather than quantity.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:57 am

Chris Harris of Rolling Stones reports that former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted is excited about his trip to Cleveland, Ohio, in two weeks. And why shouldn’t he be? The band he spent 15 years slapping his bass for, the mighty Metallica, will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 4th, and for the first time in nine years, “the Black Album band will be back together and mow the smurf poo down,” as he puts it.

That’s right. Newsted has confirmed for Rolling Stone that he’s going to be onstage with the band he left back in 2001, along with guitarist James Hetfield, drummer Lars Ulrich, guitarist Kirk Hammett, and the man who replaced him, bassist Robert Trujillo. Newsted says former bassist Ron McGovney will also be on hand for the honors, as will Ray Burton, the father of the man Newsted replaced, the late Cliff Burton.

“There’s three bass players getting inducted, and James, Lars and Kirk,” he says. Former guitarist Dave Mustaine, who now fronts Megadeth, will not be inducted, however. “Its not my decision. I have nothing to do with that. It was decided by the band, and I think it was just a hard-and-fast rule… anyone who has recorded on any Metallica recordings that have been released to the public as an official release were invited to the induction. So, that’s kind of that.”

According to Newsted, it was Ulrich who made the “very recent” call, inviting him to Cleveland for the induction. “I talked to Lars, and it’s all good,” Newsted said. “I was happy to hear from him. I hadn’t talked to him for a long time, so it was nice to hear his voice.” The last time the two had spoken was a few years ago, during a System of a Down show.

“It was basically as if no time had passed, as far as the conversation went,” Newsted recalls, adding that the two started referencing long-forgotten inside jokes almost immediately. “We picked up right where we left off. It was just absolutely positive. It was like, there we were, getting ready to get a beer some place. And Lars is ready to rock. He sounded like a kid again talking about the induction, and I felt pretty much like that, too. Getting fired up to rock after that many years… it’s pretty special.”

While Newsted’s split from the band was the very definition of acrimonious, he says the past is in the past, and he’s just looking forward to the reunion. “The main thing for everybody is, Metallica has a very large family, and this is a 25-year reunion of all of the people, from many languages and many countries, from the Kill ‘Em All road crew to the latest people who’ve helped us out all across the board, through all the years, who’ve made the monster what it is,” he says. “The honor is fantastic, of course, but they’ve made it possible for us to get all of our people together in one place after this good landmark, 25 years.”

Newsted did want to make sure Trujillo was kosher with him returning to his former post, because he didn’t want to make waves. But Robert voiced no objections, and now, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is going to get a brutal metal set; he said the band will not be meeting to practice beforehand, but will instead warm up with a single sound check.

“I wanted everything to be righteous, because I feel strongly that they have a powerful touring band that’s firing on all cylinders now,” he says. “There’s not a lot of bands that get inducted into the Hall that can still smurfing knock it down. We’re all still clear-eyed and clear-minded and able-bodied, and all that, so its not something that always happens. We’re getting called out pretty early, so for us to be strong and capable to still mow everybody down, as it would be expected, is a fantastic thing.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:42 pm

Who cares about the RNR Hall? Alice Cooper ain't even in there.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 6:27 pm

kmorg wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Last I heard, Dave was indeed invited but Megadeth will be touring overseas at the time of the ceremony.

Ron McGovney? Where the hell did they find him??

Maybe they asked Katon W DePena?

We we're contacted to help find Loyd Grant who played on the demo. As far as Ron ???
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:22 pm

Quote :

Dave was invited to perform with the band, but will already be overseas touring at that time

It would be cool to see Dave perform with them and show what could've been. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:15 pm

Thanks for posting that article, Scott. Awesome that Cliff's dad will be there. I might actually DVR this year's show to see that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 5:26 pm

How many of you have actually been to the Hall?

Ive been there maybe almost 10 yrs ago and it was a freakin awesome place, I saw costumes from Kiss, Bowie, Postcards from Lennon to Julian, Guitars upon guitars

Its an awesome museum to check and ANY fan of Rock should do it at least once in their life
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 7:56 pm

Addy wrote:

Ive been there maybe almost 10 yrs ago and it was a freakin awesome place, I saw costumes from Kiss, Bowie, Postcards from Lennon to Julian, Guitars upon guitars

Its an awesome museum to check and ANY fan of Rock should do it at least once in their life

I am sure it would be cool place to visit, but it begs the question why these tools are displaying KISS costumes but do not see them fit to be nominated into their snotty little Hall?
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:42 pm

[quote="Svengo"]
ultmetal wrote:
Svengo wrote:
I still find it kind of ridiculous that anyone thinks that induction into the Rock "n Roll Hall of Fame is some kind of real indicator of a particular band's greatness.

It's a business and I wish more people would see at this and not some kind of ultimate arbiter of musical greatness.

We've had this discussion before here. I don't think many here think it's such a great honor. The fact that some of the biggest bands of the 70's STILL have not been inducted while bands non-rock artists Madonna have makes it all sort of a joke. Kiss, Alice Cooper, Rush, Yes, Molly Hatchet, etc. have been eligible for a decade but haven't even been nominated.

Concur. The RNR HOF is a sad joke. It's a shame really. I think Paul Stanley said it best...

"It’s the creation of a group of industry people and critics who decide who they deem as qualified to be in their little admiration society. It’s their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but it’s not the people’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.”
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:43 pm

manny wrote:
Addy wrote:

I am sure it would be cool place to visit, but it begs the question why these tools are displaying KISS costumes but do not see them fit to be nominated into their snotty little Hall?

Jann Wenner of Rolling Stone magazine is also co-founder of the Hall. He's got a personal grudge against KISS for some reason. It took them over 35 years before Kiss was featured on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine and even then, it was the Eric/Tommy version of Kiss, not in the 70's when they were arguably one of the biggest acts in the world. As long as Jann's involved, don't count on Kiss ever being inducted into the Hall. If Kiss costumes are on display, I'll bet they were aquired from someone other than Gene or Paul. Who knows, maybe Peter traded them for a ham sandwich?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:52 am

manny wrote:
Addy wrote:

I give up.....
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:56 am

Quote :
Former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted has told Reuters/Billboard that he had modest expectations for his role in the group's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
induction on Saturday (April 4) in Cleveland. "I just planned on going,
looking good in my suit, hanging out with my family, going up and
getting the award, making a nice speech...," he said.

Then, last Thursday, he got a call from drummer Lars Ulrich that changed things.

"He said, 'We want you to rock with us,'" Newsted said. Ulrich told him that Robert Trujillo, METALLICA's current bassist "'is not gonna play at all. We want you to play.' And my first question was, 'How's Robert with that? How does he feel about that? I don't want to create any kind of negative anything. I want this all to be proper.'

"(Ulrich) said, 'No, he's with it, man. He wants to be there as a fan, too, and wants to see the 'black' album (1991's 'Metallica') band'...It's all good. Everybody's agreed to it. Let's rock!' 'OK. Let's rock.'"

Prior to Ulrich's call, however, Newsted says he had no qualms with the current version of METALLICA playing at the ceremony.

"I felt strongly they should go as that band and represent METALLICA," Newsted said, "because they're strong right now, together. Those four guys in METALLICA are out there knocking the s--- down, standing tall, able, prowess, chops are in order ... There aren't many times the Hall of Fame can induct a band that's fully capable like that."

Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:18 am

ultmetal wrote:
Quote :
Former METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted has told Reuters/Billboard that he had modest expectations for his role in the group's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
induction on Saturday (April 4) in Cleveland. "I just planned on going,
looking good in my suit, hanging out with my family, going up and
getting the award, making a nice speech...," he said.

Then, last Thursday, he got a call from drummer Lars Ulrich that changed things.

"He said, 'We want you to rock with us,'" Newsted said. Ulrich told him that Robert Trujillo, METALLICA's current bassist "'is not gonna play at all. We want you to play.' And my first question was, 'How's Robert with that? How does he feel about that? I don't want to create any kind of negative anything. I want this all to be proper.'

"(Ulrich) said, 'No, he's with it, man. He wants to be there as a fan, too, and wants to see the 'black' album (1991's 'Metallica') band'...It's all good. Everybody's agreed to it. Let's rock!' 'OK. Let's rock.'"

Prior to Ulrich's call, however, Newsted says he had no qualms with the current version of METALLICA playing at the ceremony.

"I felt strongly they should go as that band and represent METALLICA," Newsted said, "because they're strong right now, together. Those four guys in METALLICA are out there knocking the s--- down, standing tall, able, prowess, chops are in order ... There aren't many times the Hall of Fame can induct a band that's fully capable like that."

Do I hear "reunion?" lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:14 am

Quote :
METALLICA's current bassist "'is not gonna play at all. We want you to play.'

Quote :
wants to see the 'black' album (1991's 'Metallica') band'

Great. I guess we can look forward to hearing 'Enter Sandman' for the 60 billionth time. angry

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:15 am

I will personally give every CD I own to one lucky individual on this board if they play the song ...And Justice For All.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!   Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wow...Metallica Drops Another Festering Turd On Mustaine's Face!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next