Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Ultimate Metal coolection

Go down 
+5
mc666
krokus
Muloc7253
UltraMagnus007
franang
9 posters
AuthorMessage
franang
Metal novice
Metal novice
franang

Number of posts : 40

The Ultimate Metal coolection Empty
PostSubject: The Ultimate Metal coolection   The Ultimate Metal coolection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:02 pm

Many of you - Metal lovers - are probably collecting albums, vinyls 7EP and so on.
Then, what will be your ultimated Metal quest ? I mean is there a point when you'll say "ok, I've collected nearly everything I wanted so far, and my deeds are done" ?
Getting older sometimes helps seing things otherwise, and quality is over quantity
Answer this, seeing the matter on a REALISTIC way, not just saying I want everything or a private "The Soundhouse Tapes"....
Back to top Go down
http://franang.sts.free.fr/
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Metal coolection   The Ultimate Metal coolection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:31 pm

An interesting question you pose, when is enough. When will I have all the music that I ever want.

This is a strange thought as, honestly, I cannot ever see a day When I no longer feel the need to purchase new albums. The great thing about being into Metal and being passionate about music in general is that their is always plenty of bands forming and creating music. Hell, not a month goes by when I don't discover some new band or album that starts to rock my world. This has a downfall however as when I do come across a band/album I love I begin to explore the band further and usually end up with another band to start collecting albums and thus another dain on my finances. This isn't so bad with new bands but recently I purchased 'balls to the Wall' by Accept. Now before anyone shots me down in flames for not owning this sooner I found the album incredible and in he last 2 months have purchaed nearly the entire Accept back catalogue as well as several UDO Albums. Now this then drains the finances and stops me doing other stuff.

Finally to answer your question no, their will never come a day when enough is enough. Don' want to lose that excited feeling of unwrapping a CD and discovering great music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Metal coolection   The Ultimate Metal coolection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:42 pm

UltraMagnus007 summed it up nicely: there's always something for the ears to discover and thus wanting to own, be it a new release or something from the past to pick up. Jeez, even if, say, there would stop being good CD's released in this day and age for me, there would still be plenty of stuff from the past I would feel the need to hunt down, be it 70's Hard Rock or some lesser known 80's/90's Metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Metal coolection   The Ultimate Metal coolection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:51 pm

When I go deaf or die. That's when I'll stop.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Metal coolection   The Ultimate Metal coolection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 4:00 pm

There's constantly new music coming out, so until bands stp producing metal I'll still have stuff to buy.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Metal coolection   The Ultimate Metal coolection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 4:32 pm

I dont think i can ever stop. I am not only listening to one metal style thats why it makes it hard to have everything but then again, its great because like that you can keep buying all your life. From HARD AOR till old BLACK METAL, on vinyl, cd, tape, picture disc, 7",....magazines, tour books, fanzines, postcards etc.....all from our great and beloved movement.
We are the best, f uck the rest 🤘
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Metal coolection   The Ultimate Metal coolection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 5:17 pm

krokus wrote:
I dont think i can ever stop. I am not only listening to one metal style thats why it makes it hard to have everything but then again, its great because like that you can keep buying all your life. From HARD AOR till old BLACK METAL, on vinyl, cd, tape, picture disc, 7",....magazines, tour books, fanzines, postcards etc.....all from our great and beloved movement.
We are the best, f uck the rest 🤘

Hell yeah, preach it bro!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Metal coolection   The Ultimate Metal coolection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 5:44 pm

When the new GNR album comes out, I'll stop buying.

The Ultimate Metal coolection 56834
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Metal coolection   The Ultimate Metal coolection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 7:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:
When I go deaf or die. That's when I'll stop.
ditto. i see no other reasons to stop.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Metal coolection   The Ultimate Metal coolection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 9:32 pm

St Patrik wrote:
UltraMagnus007 summed it up nicely: there's always something for the ears to discover and thus wanting to own, be it a new release or something from the past to pick up. Jeez, even if, say, there would stop being good CD's released in this day and age for me, there would still be plenty of stuff from the past I would feel the need to hunt down, be it 70's Hard Rock or some lesser known 80's/90's Metal.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Metal coolection   The Ultimate Metal coolection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:14 pm

franang wrote:
Getting older sometimes helps seing things otherwise, and quality is over quantity

I am in this stage. I used to buy everything and anything power metal and after awhile just started noticing that a lot of it just was not that good. It seems that the quest for quantity overshadowed just how good is this album for me. Now I have expanded my tastes into AOR, hard rock, prog, psych, kraut and space rock in addition to the power metal I am a lot more picky. I really listen to the samples a lot more and there are a lot less blind buys than before.

Alex

powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Metal coolection   The Ultimate Metal coolection Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:08 pm

Well I would never stop buying cd's. There is a lot of music to get.

But there has been times when I don't feel like listening to music, go to concerts or buying band MERCHANDISE. It happened last year with OVERKILL, I just didn't feel in mood of listening to music at all, so I didn't go because I knew I wasn't going to enjoy it.

I think this is what has happened to all of us on one point, but to stop forever to listen to music forever and stop discovering new music, I don't see that happening, since music is a part of every person on the world
Back to top Go down
franang
Metal novice
Metal novice
franang

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Metal coolection   The Ultimate Metal coolection Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:26 am

In some points I'd search my view with Rob Rock. After 20 years of buying albums, I look twice before getting a release. I mean I'm no more into to state of mind of "let's get another album" but more questionning myself if there is something killer in this new release.
I agree with most of you, as listening to Metal is an endless quest. It's not only a question of getting ALL the releases, but there's always something missing. Being fans of the 80's, I buy every weeks new "old" records and this since nearly 10 years now. Every month I discover that a band from the 80's that had recorded something excellent. The fact that I get all the new reocrds through my zine also helps me to focus on records from the past
Back to top Go down
http://franang.sts.free.fr/
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Metal coolection   The Ultimate Metal coolection Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 2:45 am

exact33 wrote:
franang wrote:

I am in this stage. I used to buy everything and anything power metal and after awhile just started noticing that a lot of it just was not that good. It seems that the quest for quantity overshadowed just how good is this album for me. Now I have expanded my tastes into AOR, hard rock, prog, psych, kraut and space rock in addition to the power metal I am a lot more picky. I really listen to the samples a lot more and there are a lot less blind buys than before.

Alex

I have pretty much everything from my core interests (Psych & 70's Guitar rock); so now I just try and get keep up with the best new power metal, doom, etc. I'm much more selective. I couldn't do it do it without this board, almost everything new that I buy comes from something sampled here now.
I really miss getting new stuff all the time, but I don't have the time to do all the research or the money to get "everything" anymore. There's an actual pychical withdrawl from not getting my adreniline rush at the mailbox everyday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Metal coolection   The Ultimate Metal coolection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Metal coolection
Page 1 of 1