Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09

Go down 
+13
7thSaviour
Mglaffas81
mez
iamrockerfun
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
ghost
EvyMetal
powermacho
manny
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Empty
PostSubject: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:53 am

The Mighty Priest are touring the US this summer with Whitesnake... is that kind of an odd combo, or is it just me?

JUDAS PRIEST To Tour U.S. With WHITESNAKE - Mar. 16, 2009
British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST have issued the following update:

"We are proud to announce that we will be touring in the U.S. with WHITESNAKE for most of the dates. A few of the shows won't be with them. Details to be announced!"

JUDAS PRIEST has announced the following North American shows so far:

Jul. 01 - The Family Arena - St. Charles, MO
Jul. 02 - Summerfest, Harley Davidson Stage - Milwaukee, WI
Jul. 03 - Taste Of Minnesota at Harriet Island - St. Paul, MN
Jul. 09 - Molson Amphitheatre - Toronto, ON
Jul. 11 - PNC Banks Arts Center - Holmdel, NJ
Jul. 12 - Nikon At Jones Beach Theater - Wantagh, NY
Jul. 17 - Moondance Jam 18 - Walker, MN
Jul. 18 - Rockfest/Chippewa Valley Music - Cadott, WI
Aug. 02 - Gibson Amphitheatre - Universal City, CA

More dates will be announced soon.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:56 am

Well, I shouldn't be letting this out, but Priest and Whitesnake will also be at Rock Gone Wild in August. That "Taste of Minnesota" is a free event, but I don't want to ruin my killer seats at RGW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:02 am

PLEASE come to NC!! My son and I would LOVE this show!!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:16 am

Saw priest last year!!! I may check out the show if it comes to DC!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:39 am

Supposedly Priest will be playing the BRITISH STEEL album in its entirety on this tour, to celebrate the 30th anniversary of that album. Woot!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Supposedly Priest will be playing the BRITISH STEEL album in its entirety on this tour, to celebrate the 30th anniversary of that album. Woot!

OK - that makes it worth seeing then!!!!!

Wish they would do Unleashed In The East in its enitiy too!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:28 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

OK - that makes it worth seeing then!!!!!!

Yea, that would be kinda neat to see. Although, aren't they a year early? I thought BRITISH STEEL came out in 1980. If so, then the 30th anniversary of its release would be 2010, not this year. Maybe they're just excited so they're jumping the gun. Laughing

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

OK - that makes it worth seeing then!!!!!!

Yea, that would be kinda neat to see. Although, aren't they a year early? I thought BRITISH STEEL came out in 1980. If so, then the 30th anniversary of its release would be 2010, not this year. Maybe they're just excited so they're jumping the gun. Laughing

That or they realized that playing 'Nostradamus' in its entirety would not be such a good idea after all.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:35 am

manny wrote:

That or they realized that playing 'Nostradamus' in its entirety would not be such a good idea after all.

Haha, yea, a few days ago, Blabbermouth did mention that Priest's plans to do an all-NOSTRADAMUS tour have been "shelved" for now.

Translation: "the NOSTRADAMUS album didn't go over as well as we'd hoped, if we toured playing nothing but those songs we'd be performing to half empty houses, so hey! We'll do the album with our radio hits on it instead!"

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:36 am

I don't get it. Why Judas Priest always comes to these 2 places? Both Places are not accessible to all people, you would need a car to get there.

I which they would play on places like Times Square. I guess I will have to look for a ride, If I would have to go
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:37 am

powermacho wrote:

I don't get it. Why Judas Priest always comes to these 2 places? Both Places are not accessible to all people, you would need a car to get there.

Because they hate you. Laughing

Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:45 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
powermacho wrote:

And I hate them for that reason. I was waiting forward to see Whitesnake, and they came out coming to places that take 2 or more hours to get to angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 12:35 pm

They play the places that book them. Want them in your back yard, just pony up about $25,000 dollars.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Whitesnake?!?

I was flabbergasted myself when I heard that combo.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 1:09 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Whitesnake?!?

I was flabbergasted myself when I heard that combo.

If this were 1981 it wouldn't be so weird. Nowadays, though, the only thing they two bands really have in common is that they're both fronted by fifty-something British guys. Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 1:14 pm

powermacho wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
powermacho wrote:

And I hate them for that reason. I was waiting forward to see Whitesnake, and they came out coming to places that take 2 or more hours to get to angry

David Coverdale wants to eat your liver.

I don't think it is all that weird of a pairing. Deep Purple and Priest were not that far apart. Maybe Dave will come out and only do "Come Taste the Band"? I honestly don't care what he does. Coverdale is one of my all-time fav singers, so he could be doing Malaysian mating songs and I would go.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 1:26 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
powermacho wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
powermacho wrote:

David Coverdale wants to eat your liver.

I don't think it is all that weird of a pairing. Deep Purple and Priest were not that far apart. Maybe Dave will come out and only do "Come Taste the Band"? I honestly don't care what he does. Coverdale is one of my all-time fav singers, so he could be doing Malaysian mating songs and I would go.

Last night watched a bootleg DVD of Coverdale/Page live in Japan, he was able to sing the Zeppelin songs effortlessly, incredible performances by both him and Jimmy Page.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 1:41 pm

Coverdale's voice is one of the few that has held up well over the years. Compare him to Pearcy, Tate, Dokken etc. and he blows them all away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 1:42 pm

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:
Coverdale's voice is one of the few that has held up well over the years. Compare him to Pearcy, Tate, Dokken etc. and he blows them all away.

HEAR HEAR!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 2:17 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:

HEAR HEAR!

All the Deep Purple alumni still sound great (to my ears). Ian Gillan, David Coverdale & Glenn Hughes still sound KILLER after all these years...there's a bunch of current vocalists that could learn a thing or two from these three guys.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 2:42 pm

I saw Priest 2 weeks ago with Megadeth and Testament on the European tour. It was great. Rob Halford was very good, much better than 2005 when I saw them the last time. He hits the higher tones better and his stage acting became also better since then.

I really would like to see Whitesnake as well. I love that band. They played some month ago with Alice Cooper. I wasn't able to make it. But I heard complains about the vocal performance of David Coverdale from people who were there...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 2:59 pm

I saw Whitesnake in 2002, and Coverdale sounded amazing. Coverdale voice has held better than Robert Plant's IMO.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 3:49 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
The Mighty Priest are touring the US this summer with Whitesnake... is that kind of an odd combo, or is it just me?

JUDAS PRIEST To Tour U.S. With WHITESNAKE - Mar. 16, 2009
British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST have issued the following update:

Jul. 02 - Summerfest, Harley Davidson Stage - Milwaukee, WI

I will be heading up for this show definitely!!! I just called my Uncle Tim, who has connections to get backstage passes for shows at Summerfest. Unfortunately his buddy Peter works at the rock stage, and not the Harley stage. He said he would still see if he could do get me back stage. I've been on Summerfest's website as of late to see who is performing this year. As of late, the only notable from the rock world had been Bon Jovi, who will be playing at the Marcus Amphitheater, which is on the grounds. I was holding out hope that someone from the metal community would be coming, and my hopes have been answered. I've seen Priest once, but I've never seen Whitesnake.

Thanks for the info Freddy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:17 pm

That's hilarious mimv. I just made reservations this morning for Summerfest!! haha.

Weird thing is, though, on their website they have No Doubt headlining that night. Unless JP is gonna be on a different stage.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:22 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
That's hilarious mimv. I just made reservations this morning for Summerfest!! haha.

Weird thing is, though, on their website they have No Doubt headlining that night. Unless JP is gonna be on a different stage.

I'm sure that No Doubt will be playing at the Marcus Amphitheater. The Harley Davidson stage is the next biggest stage on the grounds. I don't have anything against No Doubt, but it sucks that these two great bands would have to play second fiddle to the likes of No Doubt. Then again, I'm used to seeing this...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09   Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest/Whitesnake US Tour - Summer '09
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next