Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour

Go down 
+12
thejokeriv
mc666
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Gilbert
MoonChild
DallasBlack
nevermore
adrian
Lurideath
Wayne
ProgDoom
16 posters
AuthorMessage
ProgDoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
ProgDoom

Number of posts : 33

Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Empty
PostSubject: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 11:28 am

Hey guys! I'm going to see Judas Priest on their farewell tour (Epitaph) on Tuesday. Has anyone seen them on this tour? How was the show? What songs did they play? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 1:23 pm

I saw them headline the high voltage festival in the uk in the summer and that was part of the epitaph tour. They sounded fantastic and played a really great set of classics. Can't really say much more than that to be honest. I've seen them a few times and this was the strongest I've ever heard them.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Seen em here in Vegas and it was awesome! Great light show and the pyro is awesome!!

The set list here was:
Rapid Fire
Metal Gods
Heading Out to the Highway
Judas Rising
Starbreaker
Victim of Changes
Never Satisfied
Diamonds & Rust
Dawn Of Creation
Prophecy
Night Crawler
Turbo Lover
Beyond the Realms of Death
The Sentinel
Blood Red Skies
The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown)
Breaking the Law
Painkiller

Encore:

The Hellion
Electric Eye
Hell Bent for Leather
You've Got Another Thing Comin'

Encore 2:

Living After Midnight
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Seen em here in Vegas and it was awesome! Great light show and the pyro is awesome!!

The set list here was:
Rapid Fire
Metal Gods
Heading Out to the Highway
Judas Rising
Starbreaker
Victim of Changes
Never Satisfied
Diamonds & Rust
Dawn Of Creation
Prophecy
Night Crawler
Turbo Lover
Beyond the Realms of Death
The Sentinel
Blood Red Skies
The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown)
Breaking the Law
Painkiller

Encore:

The Hellion
Electric Eye
Hell Bent for Leather
You've Got Another Thing Comin'

Encore 2:

Living After Midnight
Saw them in Salt Lake City about a week ago and the setlist was the same.

Amazing show!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 3:01 pm

I'll be seeing this tour on the 27th. Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour 11840
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 3:22 pm

I'll be seing this tour when they release it on DVD! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:43 am

Rock On and enjoy the show!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 1:30 am

Any news on the new album? Did they play any new material?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:18 pm

Great set list. Nice to see Never Satisfied in the list.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:24 pm

My brother and several of his friends are seeing JP at the Meadowlands Arena (aka the Izod Center) in New Jersey this Friday.

...while they're doing that, I'll be at my son's Cub Scout meeting.

Sigh. I must REALLY love my kid.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:34 pm

all of the recent clips i've seen of Priest live, Rob's voice sounds shot. i hope it's not always like that.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:38 pm

mc666 wrote:
all of the recent clips i've seen of Priest live, Rob's voice sounds shot. i hope it's not always like that.

I saw them on the British Steel Anniversary Tour not that long ago and Rob was belting 'em out. Never thought he sounded as good as he did back when I saw them on tours in the 80's. I'm sure being on the road for months on end there are good days and bad days. That will reek havoc on your voice.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 12:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
My brother and several of his friends are seeing JP at the Meadowlands Arena (aka the Izod Center) in New Jersey this Friday.

...while they're doing that, I'll be at my son's Cub Scout meeting.

Sigh. I must REALLY love my kid.

and I will be at the show - damn, that sucks you can't go! I would have loved to crack open a PBR with you!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 1:05 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

and I will be at the show - damn, that sucks you can't go! I would have loved to crack open a PBR with you!

Meh. Story of my life.

...I saw J.P. 4 times back in the day, saw Rob w/Fight once, and once w/the Halford band too, so I'll live. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 2:35 pm

Whoa! I'm seeing them on Tuesday too! Looking forward to hearing "Starbreaker." I really like that song.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:53 pm

So after seeing them on Tuesday, I'm sad that this is their final world tour because they are still awesome. New guy Richie Faulkner is a beast on the guitar and Halford can still sing like no other. "Beyond the Realms of Death" was awesome as also the acoustic version of "Diamonds and Rust." All in all, great show and great set. Got some sweet pics too!

On a side not, Black Label was very good and the Thin Lizzy cover band wasn't bad either.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:54 pm

Last 'major' world tour. Doesn't mean they won't play select dates around Europe or US.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 4:12 pm

GREAT set list. Too bad they aren't coming to my area. Hopefully on a future "minor" tour they will...
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Wish I could've gone to this, however I saw Priest twice recently, once in 04 and once in 08. They were flat out awesome each time, and had the original guitarists, so I'm satisfied.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:16 pm

Psychotron wrote:
So after seeing them on Tuesday, I'm sad that this is their final world tour because they are still awesome. New guy Richie Faulkner is a beast on the guitar and Halford can still sing like no other. "Beyond the Realms of Death" was awesome as also the acoustic version of "Diamonds and Rust." All in all, great show and great set. Got some sweet pics too!

On a side not, Black Label was very good and the Thin Lizzy cover band wasn't bad either.

If you can post those pics!
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:59 pm

I would love to post the pics, but I'm not sure how to. I have looked in the FAQ's, but I don't really get it. Check out my blog for some pics. (I know cheap plug).
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Psychotron wrote:
I would love to post the pics, but I'm not sure how to. I have looked in the FAQ's, but I don't really get it. Check out my blog for some pics. (I know cheap plug).

You got some great shots!! The Ace Frehley ones were great too!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour   Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest - Epitaph Tour
Page 1 of 1