Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who/What gives metal a bad rep?

Go down 
+25
Fat Freddy
mc666
Leatherface
sam
kmorg
manny
DallasBlack
SAHB Healer
rattpoison
Lurideath
Troublezone
James B.
candlemass
metalinmyveins
A Handful of Wayne
GrandNational
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
TheDoctor'sScarf
Schbopo
tohostudios
Lari
Stender
XYZ
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 3:08 am

detuned wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
There is no way Satanists/Hedonists/Atheists give metal a bad rep. I guess 90% is giving it a bad rep then.

SatanISM, HeadonISM, and atheISM are giving it a bad rap. Not the people in their totality. Just those practices, not every single thing those people do.
This sort of thinking gives Christianity a bad rap.

Agreed.
x3 Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 25679

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 3:31 am

Mullets.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:16 am

mc666 wrote:
detuned wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Lurideath wrote:
There is no way Satanists/Hedonists/Atheists give metal a bad rep. I guess 90% is giving it a bad rep then.

SatanISM, HeadonISM, and atheISM are giving it a bad rap. Not the people in their totality. Just those practices, not every single thing those people do.
This sort of thinking gives Christianity a bad rap.

Agreed.
x3 Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 25679

The common man's view of heavy metal is:

1. That is is a clean form of entertainment, void of any bad influence and/or behaviour?

or

2. That it is a loud form of music, played by hateful people, singing about murder, killing, death and satan?

If most people here find 2 to be the answer, then I wonder, why is that so? Why do most people think so? What gave metal this bad rep?
Then go back and re-think ToB's reply..........

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:28 am

Does metal get a worse rep now than rock n' roll got back in the 50's? Or jazz got in the 40's? Over the course of history, any "new" form of music that came along and went against the norm of the day was criticized as leading the youth down the wrong path. Bah!

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 10:36 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Does metal get a worse rep now than rock n' roll got back in the 50's? Or jazz got in the 40's? Over the course of history, any "new" form of music that came along and went against the norm of the day was criticized as leading the youth down the wrong path. Bah!

I don't think very many people are "threatened" by metal anymore, in fact I would be willing to bet that most average people you meet on the street would find it more laughable than scary.

As for "clean entertainment void of any bad influence or behavior". It doesn't exist. Wanna check out something that makes metal look tame by comparison...read some rap/hip hop lyrics.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:06 am

detuned wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I don't think very many people are "threatened" by metal anymore, in fact I would be willing to bet that most average people you meet on the street would find it more laughable than scary.

Agreed. I think think there is still a very small, slighty nutty, group of people out there that see metal music as evil, but most people have gotten over that fear long ago and have sinced focused on violent video games. Very Happy

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:36 am

What fun would metal be if we had no satanism, headonism and atheism? If that happened this what we would be listening to:

Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Pat-boone
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:39 am

manny wrote:
What fun would metal be if we had no satanism, headonism and atheism? If that happened this what we would be listening to:

Don't be dissin' Pat Boone! Remember, he went metal too!!

Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 In_a_Metal_Mood_No_More_Mr._Nice_Guy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:40 am

manny wrote:

AHHHHHHHHHH!! That pure EVIL right there!!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

Proof postive Freddy that the devil is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:41 am

Pat Boone is The Anti-Christ.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:48 am

kmorg wrote:
2. That it is a loud form of music, played by hateful people, singing about murder, killing, death and satan?

Someone should totally make a record that is about Murdering Satan and Killing Death (you know, the dude in the long black cloak?). I'd buy that record in a second. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:49 am

MetalFRO wrote:

Someone should totally make a record that is about Murdering Satan and Killing Death (you know, the dude in the long black cloak?). I'd buy that record in a second. Very Happy

I hear Pat Boone is working on that very record right now.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 12:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

And look at all the trouble that caused him. While it's clear that his intentions were no more than a joke, after this album was released, his Christian ultra-conservative fan-base was out-raged. He lost his tv show on the Trinity Network and caught allot of flack for it.

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 12:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

And look at all the trouble that caused him. While it's clear that his intentions were no more than a joke, after this album was released, his Christian ultra-conservative fan-base was out-raged. He lost his tv show on the Trinity Network and caught allot of flack for it.

Good.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 12:16 pm

And look at all the trouble that caused him. While it's clear that his intentions were no more than a joke, after this album was released, his Christian ultra-conservative fan-base was out-raged. He lost his tv show on the Trinity Network and caught allot of flack for it.[/quote]

Not having a sense of humor gives Christianity a bad name.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 12:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I call that belated karma coming back to bite him for fathering Debby Boone, who would go on to infect the world with "You Light Up My Life." Laughing

Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 12:18 pm

The guys that are into Black Metal , and listen to evil music only for the lyrics(i KNOW A BUNCH OF THOSE POSERS ON MY AREA)

The Harcore and nu-metal that makes people think that cookie monster is on all metal bands we listen to lol!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 12:39 pm

kmorg wrote:

The common man's view of heavy metal is:

1. That is is a clean form of entertainment, void of any bad influence and/or behaviour?

or

If most people here find 2 to be the answer, then I wonder, why is that so? Why do most people think so? What gave metal this bad rep?
Then go back and re-think ToB's reply..........
atheism has nothing to do with hate, murder, killing, death, & satan. it's simply the disbelief in a higher power. no more, no less.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 3:13 pm

So everyone still wants to act like the common man's thoughts of metal is that of evil imagery and lyrics. That doesn't make it any less true. I bet if you ask 100 random people in your city, at least 80% of them will equal metal with "evil" as one of the first things they say! Again, why is that, if it isn't the already mentioned ism's that has caused it? Why is people perception if metal this way, if not for these ism's?

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:21 pm

Too many quasi-religious discussions going on around here. I think I'll bow out of this thread before I offend.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:31 pm

detuned wrote:
Too many quasi-religious discussions going on around here. I think I'll bow out of this thread before I offend.

Sounds like a good idea. I'm outta here. Let's go grab a beer. First round's on me.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:39 pm

manny wrote:

We already had "clean" metal...

Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Stryper

And it was good... but there is always a place for a darker side of things too. Smile
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:15 pm

Trivium as I said before comparing them to thrash metal is like comparing K fed to rap. Those Pantera try hard metalcore bands. Bands that mix emo and metal together. :eyesore:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 9:42 pm

Christian Metal gives Real Metal a bad name. Metal music sprang up as a reaction against a Christian upbringing. The history and the evidence for this is overwhelming. All of the imagery and theological ideas which were thrust upon these kids at a very early age were scary and confusing and left scars which continued into adulthood. All of these ideas about devils and death and violence and the struggle of good vs. evil were a huge chunk of these musician's subconscious minds. Once one of them made Metal an acceptable outlet for the expression of these Christian ideas, the floodgates opened and everyone walked in for their counseling session. But, most definitely, Christianity gave Heavy Metal it's start, and it's face. That's why I always found it odd when preachers and priests made a public display of denouncing it. And, I find it even odder when it's twisted around and made a platform for Christian Theology.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who/What gives metal a bad rep?   Who/What gives metal a bad rep? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who/What gives metal a bad rep?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next