Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

REO Speedwagon

Go down 
+6
jstate
DallasBlack
stepcousin
Troublezone
tohostudios
akeldama
10 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:47 pm

Any fans? I really like them from their S/T debut to R.E.O. in '76. I must admit I have all their studio albums and some live and compilations. My REO collection is about 35 CD's.
Back to top Go down

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 12:53 pm

I dig a lot of their stuff, but they are more a greatest hits band for me. My wife and I are going to see them next month, they're closing the show for Night Ranger. Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:03 pm

I like everything up to and including MOST of Hi Infidelity. That album spelled the beginning of the end of them in my book though.

My favorites are You Can Tuna Piano and the vastly underrated Nine Lives.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:43 pm

I like them, I grew up with their radio hits.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:16 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I like everything up to and including MOST of Hi Infidelity. That album spelled the beginning of the end of them in my book though.

My favorites are You Can Tuna Piano and the vastly underrated Nine Lives.

Nine lives is an underrated gem. I really like R.E.O. &Live-You Get What You Play For.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:29 pm

"Meet Me On The Mountain" is probably one of my favorite REO songs.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:39 pm

Keep Pushin' is my fave.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:52 pm

My absolute favorite REO song is Roll With The Changes.

Yeah, it was majorly overplayed back in the day but I think it's still a great song.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:10 pm

I have re-discovered them in the last couple years. I dont think "Nine Lives" is underrated, those in the know all agree it is one of their best and they still to this day play a few off of that album. Unfortunately it is overshadowed by their 80's "Hit" material, and it doesnt get the radio airplay like "Keep Pushin'" or "Roll With The Changes" does but it is a great album. My fave era is the 2nd stint with Kevin Cronin up to Nine Lives ('76-'80) or so but I do like Hi-Fi and some of thier 80's radio hits, I'm not ashamed to admit. But I cant really stomach anything theyve done since "Wheel's Are Turnin' ". But back in the day they were a rock n roll band to be reckoned with. They kicked butt.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:39 am

I have a greatest hits of the ballads and love them. I will get around to the individual albums and regular hits eventually but they are not a priority right now (unless I find some albums in the bargain section).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 12:42 pm

Good band that my wife likes also so they get played quite a bit. Some of their best songs were the non-radio songs and people should check them out.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 2:51 pm

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:
Good band that my wife likes also so they get played quite a bit. Some of their best songs were the non-radio songs and people should check them out.

I'd say most of their best were never hits.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 8:08 pm

I liked all their 80's hits and at one point had a vinyl copy of Hi-Infidelity. I actually found in a thrift store a cool tour shirt. I like their winged logo. So yeah I own a shirt of theirs but no albums.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 8:08 am

I never really got into them, the hit's on the radio are what Im really familiar with, they're not bad songs, I just didnt think the full albums would appeal to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:42 pm

I must have karaoke'd Time For Me To Fly a 100 times!

I LOVE THAT SONG!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:43 am

They are one of those hidden pleasures for me. Actually, the very first concert I ever wen to was REO Speedwagon. They were touring with Zebra and Sourvivor. A friend of mine won the tickets, and took me with him. It was a good show, actually. The funny thing is that neither of us had ever gone to a concert, so when they stoped playing we started to leave the venue, not being familiar with encores! We heard some music playing, and said, "Hey, they are still playing! let's go back". Man...good times, good times.
Back to top Go down

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:45 am

Zebra and Survivor? Shocked Good gravy, I would just about die to see that lineup!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Hey Toho, what if Kevin Cronin sang "Last Caress/Green Hell"? sign crazy happy growl
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 7:14 pm

tohostudios wrote:
NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:

I'd say most of their best were never hits.
Says the guy who dislikes power ballads! happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REO Speedwagon
Page 1 of 1