Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09 Empty
PostSubject: Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09   Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:55 pm

Night Ranger kicked SERIOUS a$$ for an hour!

Then we left before REO Speedwagon played.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09   Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:05 pm

LOL. Glad you had fun at Night Ranger. I saw them in 1983 with Loverboy, 38 Special and Foreigner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09   Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:08 pm

detuned wrote:
LOL. Glad you had fun at Night Ranger. I saw them in 1983 with Loverboy, 38 Special and Foreigner.

I would have loved to have been at that show if I weren't 9 years old at the time. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09   Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:12 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Thanks!

No love for the Speedwagon?

PostSubject: Re: Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09   Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:20 pm

Really, REO would have just disappointed us after such a good Ranger show. I'm a moderate REO fan, but a lifelong Night Ranger fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09   Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:22 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
detuned wrote:

I would have loved to have been at that show if I weren't 9 years old at the time. Smile

If I'm remembering correctly the show was about 2 months before my 13th birthday.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09   Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:04 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Thanks!

Spec, can you give us a setlist for what Night Ranger played. I've always loved Night Ranger. Did you ever pick up their latest album? I still haven't heard it, but wouldn't mind some feedback.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09   Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:15 pm

I started writing down the setlist but got tired of doing it.

Here's what I remember:

This Boy Needs To Rock (was surprised they played this one plus they intertwined it with "Highway Star")
Sing Me Away
Coming of Age
(Damn Yankees cover)
Sentimental Street
When You Close Your Eyes
Four In The Morning
The Secret of My Success
(big surprise!)
Eddie's Comin' Out Tonight
(another surprise)
Don't Tell Me You Love Me

Encore:
Sister Christian
You Can Still Rock In America

Such a great show! I was surprised they did zero new songs.

metalin, yes I have their new album. It's pretty good, not amazing, but good. Smile They have some modern elements but their sound is prettyy similar to their heyday, although the songwriting really isn't as good as it used to be, IMO.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09   Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:53 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I started writing down the setlist but got tired of doing it.

Here's what I remember:

This Boy Needs To Rock (was surprised they played this one plus they intertwined it with "Highway Star")
Sing Me Away
Coming of Age
(Damn Yankees cover)
Sentimental Street
When You Close Your Eyes
Four In The Morning
The Secret of My Success
(big surprise!)
Eddie's Comin' Out Tonight
(another surprise)
Don't Tell Me You Love Me

Encore:
Sister Christian
You Can Still Rock In America

Such a great show! I was surprised they did zero new songs.

metalin, yes I have their new album. It's pretty good, not amazing, but good. Smile They have some modern elements but their sound is prettyy similar to their heyday, although the songwriting really isn't as good as it used to be, IMO.

No new songs!!!

Oh my God. I would think they would want to let their fanbase know that they have something new out. Wow, I'm shocked. Very nice setlist by the way...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09   Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:03 pm

I saw Night Ranger live in 1985, for the life of me I cannot remember who opened, I told the girl I was with I did not want to go blah blah blah, but I secretly enjoyed the show, and she had the time of her life, she didn't think the concert was too bad either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09   Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:50 am

Night Ranger eff'ing KILLS live!!!! Great band!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09   Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Night Ranger / REO Speedwagon Clearwater, FL 4/25/09
Page 1 of 1