Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

REO Speedwagon

Go down 
+10
DallasBlack
tohostudios
stepcousin
akeldama
manny
Schbopo
James B.
MetalRob331
thejokeriv
Metallic Blaze
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 3:41 pm

What are your thoughts on this band?

REO Speedwagon ReoSpeedwagon
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 4:44 pm

I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another they released a bunch of sappy singles
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 6:30 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another they released a bunch of sappy singles

Sappy singles or not there is some great hard music in there back catalog and Gary Richrath is a monster on guitar...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 6:32 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Sappy singles or not there is some great hard music in there back catalog and Gary Richrath is a monster on guitar...

Yes, I know that - I was only referring to the singles!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 6:39 pm

I can listen to the 70's stuff, no problem, After "Hi Infidelity" I can't

Gary R. had a great tone and definitily got busy. It did take two players to replace him ?

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:26 pm

I like some Speedwagon. Nothing really special, just good ol' goofy arena rock.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:52 pm

I always hated them and was the second worst concert I have ever witnessed. The worst being Styx's 'Kilroy was Here Tour' that my brother took me to when I was 13 or 14.
Back to top Go down

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 12:41 am

I actually like a lot of the singles. I only have a greatest hits that goes through the 80's but it's decent.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 1:03 am

I have over 30 REO albums (all the studio,comps,live,etc.) I guess you can say I like 'em. I really like their '70's material but REO (1976) is their best IMO.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 9:44 am

My fave era of them is maybe '76 to about '82. Even though they had hit singles, IMO the best songs were the non-singles. After '82, they were ok, some good love songs and some ok rock songs but they were drifting too far from their roots at that point. But those mid-to-late 70's album kicked A**!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 5:23 pm

I love early REO like You Can Tune A Piano and Nine Lives. Once they started with the sappy singles, I blew 'em off.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:33 pm

I grew up on sappy singles so I can say I am a (casual fan). I have a CD of all their ballads and Hi Infidelity. I love AOR so it's all good to me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 12:58 am

Cool! Yeah, I'm a casual fan myself at this point. I have one greatest hits album and that's about all I need. They are pretty good though.

Eventually I might venture out and get another album or two.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Cool! Yeah, I'm a casual fan myself at this point. I have one greatest hits album and that's about all I need. They are pretty good though.

If you get another REO album get their Live album "You Get What You Play For" from 1977. It fits right in with all of the killer mid 70's live albums. Or one of the next 2 studio albums "Tuna Piano" or Nine Lives".
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:27 pm

stepcousin wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

If you get another REO album get their Live album "You Get What You Play For" from 1977. It fits right in with all of the killer mid 70's live albums. Or one of the next 2 studio albums "Tuna Piano" or Nine Lives".

Those last two are my favorite REO albums.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:36 pm

^ I'd also get REO (1976).^
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:23 am

Cool! Thanks for all the input guys!

REO Speedwagon 604261
Back to top Go down
Neuropete
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:24 pm

I have a soft spot for these guys... mainly because they were the first band I ever saw in concert! They will always hold a special place in my heart for that alone. It was during their 1984 tour, when they were hiting a peak with "I can't stand this feeling anymore." I was 14 and in junior high. A friend of mine won the tickets on a local radio show, and my dad drove us to the concert and picked us up afterwards. Zebra and Sourvivor both opened up the show. I was such a geek... I remember that my friend and I started to leave when we thought they were done, and then rushed back when we heard them playing again. Never been to a concert, neither of us knew what an encore was! LOL
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:19 pm

Neuropete wrote:
I have a soft spot for these guys... mainly because they were the first band I ever saw in concert! They will always hold a special place in my heart for that alone. It was during their 1984 tour, when they were hiting a peak with "I can't stand this feeling anymore." I was 14 and in junior high. A friend of mine won the tickets on a local radio show, and my dad drove us to the concert and picked us up afterwards. Zebra and Sourvivor both opened up the show. I was such a geek... I remember that my friend and I started to leave when we thought they were done, and then rushed back when we heard them playing again. Never been to a concert, neither of us knew what an encore was! LOL

REO Speedwagon Lol Cool story Neuro!

My first concert was Petra, so I will always have a soft spot for them too!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:46 am

Early REO is best IMO really love REO II and Golden Country!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 9:41 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Laughing very hard

These guys were staples of early 80s rock radio and got a lot of MTV play in the channel's formative years. I can't say I'm a huge fan but whenever I hear, say "Take it on the Run" or "I Can't Fight This Feeling" nowadays I feel a wave of nostalgia...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 11:13 am

"Time For Me To Fly" is one of my all time favorite songs.

"Back On The Road Again" is also a fav.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

REO Speedwagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: REO Speedwagon   REO Speedwagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REO Speedwagon
Page 1 of 1