Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock Trivia Thread

Go down 
+25
James B.
SpectreFate
chewie
thejokeriv
Dave the Boss
EvyMetal
TrogDawn
holydiver97595
Getizzyback
DeathCult
rattpoison
Mglaffas81
sam
Leatherface
akeldama
MetalRob331
tohostudios
Schbopo
XYZ
Thrasher73
kmorg
Fat Freddy
manny
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:29 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:
Who wrote the guitar intro to "Beyond the realms of Death"?

Al Atkins?

Nope
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:30 am

What do Britny Fox and Quiet Riot have in common?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:31 am

manny wrote:

I think they both kick ass.

and they both did Slade covers?
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:32 am

manny wrote:

They both dress and look like girls?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:32 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
manny wrote:

They both dress and look like girls?

Good guess but no!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:35 am

SpectreFate wrote:
manny wrote:

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:36 am

SpectreFate wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
manny wrote:

Correct on both counts.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:37 am

What song do the Joe Perry Project and Power Station have in common?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:38 am

Bang a Gong?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:39 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Bang a Gong?

Yep both bands covered the T.Rex classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:41 am

What former guitarist of a legendary hard rock band used to tour with Dan "I Can Dream About You" Hartman?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
What progressive metal band had a cameo in the movie Airheads, performing as the "Sons of Thunder"?

I believe it was the Galactic Cowboys?

Lita Ford made a guest appearance in an episode of what late 80s/early 90s FOX Network sitcom?

That's correct Freddy. They performed a never released song called 'Don't Hate Me 'Cause I'm Beautiful'

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:16 am

SpectreFate wrote:
What former guitarist of a legendary hard rock band used to tour with Dan "I Can Dream About You" Hartman?

Bruce Kulick?

EDIT: Wikipedia tells me it was Vinnie Vincent.

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:19 am

Vinnie is correct sir!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:21 am

What do the Galactic Cowboys and the Ramones have in common?

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:23 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Both bands have CDs that have occupied the same room where Fat Freddy has been naked?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:24 am

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Both bands have CDs that have occupied the same room where Fat Freddy has been naked?

Laughing very hard I don't own any Galactic Cowboys CDs. Sorry.

I got no clue what the GCs have in common with da Bruddas Ramone, MG. Enlighten me please.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:29 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard I don't own any Galactic Cowboys CDs. Sorry.

I got no clue what the GCs have in common with da Bruddas Ramone, MG. Enlighten me please.

Well, I can't verify this as fact, but according to Wiki, GC bassist Monty Colvin is a cousin of late Ramones bassist Dee Dee (real name Douglas Colvin).

I've been on a recent Galactic Cowboys kick, so I've been reading up on them boys. Good stuff Freddy. And you can get their cd's dirt cheap. I got their entire discography, 5 albums and an ep (some used, some new) for probably $30 bucks. And most of that was shipping charges from ebay.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:33 am

Interesting. I was going to be a wise ass and say that they both had guys named Monty in their camp (Monty Colvin and Ramones manager Monte Melnick) but that was a long way to go for a joke.

I don't think I've ever heard much from the GC's. Dunno why exactly, I never went out of my way to avoid them but they just passed me by I guess.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Interesting. I was going to be a wise ass and say that they both had guys named Monty in their camp (Monty Colvin and Ramones manager Monte Melnick) but that was a long way to go for a joke.

I don't think I've ever heard much from the GC's. Dunno why exactly, I never went out of my way to avoid them but they just passed me by I guess.

Never heard much from the Galactic Cowboys either, as a matter a fact I avoided them simply because Rolling Stone magazine gave them a great review (dumb I know) but detuned turned me on them, and they are a great band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:38 am

I've heard the GC are similar to King's X? Is that way off base?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:38 am

Quote :

That may have been part of the reason I never checked'em out, I used to hear them mentioned in the same breath as King's X all the time and I was never much for them either apart from one or two albums.

But now y'all got me curious about the GC's. What album would be a good starting point?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:42 am

SpectreFate wrote:

I've been told that's a pretty fair comparrison, however I'm not a King's X fan, which is odd that I dig these guys so much. I think they are heavier/thrashier than King's X, but they have those layered, Beatle-esque vocal harmonies.

Check out the thread here for more info...
https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/rip-f4/galactic-cowboys-t1862.htm?highlight=gallactic+cowboys

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:45 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

I've been told that's a pretty fair comparrison, however I'm not a King's X fan, which is odd that I dig these guys so much. I think they are heavier/thrashier than King's X, but they have those layered, Beatle-esque vocal harmonies.

Check out the thread here for more info...
[url=https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/rip-f4/galactic-cowboys-t1862.htm?highlight=gallactic+cowboys
https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/rip-f4/galactic-cowboys-t1862.htm?highlight=gallactic+cowboys[/quote[/url]]

Perfect description from Metalguy, they had layered vocals sort of like King's X do and also combined it with heavier influences, compared to Anthrax and maybe early Megadeth, plus they are both from Texas.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:47 am

Quote :
But now y'all got me curious about the GC's. What album would be a good starting point?

The s/t 1st album or "Space in your Face".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock Trivia Thread
Page 9 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next