Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock Trivia Thread

Go down 
+25
James B.
SpectreFate
chewie
thejokeriv
Dave the Boss
EvyMetal
TrogDawn
holydiver97595
Getizzyback
DeathCult
rattpoison
Mglaffas81
sam
Leatherface
akeldama
MetalRob331
tohostudios
Schbopo
XYZ
Thrasher73
kmorg
Fat Freddy
manny
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:12 am

What rock musician guest starred on an Enuff Z'nuff track, but was not credited on the album?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:04 am

Getizzyback wrote:
What rock musician guest starred on an Enuff Z'nuff track, but was not credited on the album?

Slash played sitar on one of the tracks from Animals With Human Intelligence......also Rick Nielson, Billy Corgan, Jake E Lee and James Young have quested on Enuff Z'Nuff songs but are credited.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:36 am

Quote :
Slash played sitar on one of the tracks from Animals With Human Intelligence

I never knew that. Cool.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 2:53 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Slash played sitar on one of the tracks from Animals With Human Intelligence

I never knew that. Cool.

That is correct-a-mundo!

I got the album just to hear what a sitar sounded like, and I couldn't
really tell. It's the "Takin' A Ride" song.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 7:57 pm

Here's another Enuff Z'Nuff question.......

ENZ bassist/songwriter Chip Z'Nuff used to date which pop star/cultural phenomenon?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:27 pm

rattpoison wrote:

ENZ bassist/songwriter Chip Z'Nuff used to date which pop star/cultural phenomenon?

Madonna
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:48 pm

I guess I've got a good question:

What was the first video to feature music by Metallica (and if someone says Cliff Em' All, I'll be mad because I obviously mean not one made by them)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 10:21 pm

DeathCult wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

Madonna

I remember that. According to Chip himself in a Howard Stern interview many moons ago, he did some nasty stuff to her too. She was freaky-deaky way back then too.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 10:22 pm

holydiver97595 wrote:
I guess I've got a good question:

What was the first video to feature music by Metallica (and if someone says Cliff Em' All, I'll be mad because I obviously mean not one made by them)

Do you mean a professional MTV-style video? That would be 'One'.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:59 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

Madonna

I remember that. According to Chip himself in a Howard Stern interview many moons ago, he did some nasty stuff to her too. She was freaky-deaky way back then too.

Something about "Golden Showers"..........i won't go any further than that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:36 pm

Not so much "trivia" but a "six degrees of seperation" association kinda deal. This may not be so easy.

Can you draw a parallel between Ronnie James Dio and Alanis Morrisette?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:51 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Can you draw a parallel between Ronnie James Dio and Alanis Morrisette?

They're both short, but I imagine that's not exactly what you're looking for.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:51 pm

That's one possible answer, but not the one I thought of. Smile

Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Dio-alanis
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 3:40 pm

Which member of White Lion did I meet in an elevator in 1989 and inadvertently lie to even though I didn't mean to but didn't care because, after all, he was only in White Lion?
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:39 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Which member of White Lion did I meet in an elevator in 1989 and inadvertently lie to even though I didn't mean to but didn't care because, after all, he was only in White Lion?

Vito. You lied because you know he's got family in the cement shoe business. Cool

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 2:44 am

Johnny Thunders name is inspired by a song called "Johnny Thunder", which band wrote that song?
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 3:05 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:

Vito. You lied because you know he's got family in the cement shoe business. Cool

It was Vito, but the lie was because I misheard a question he asked me. DT Seizure had an agent at that time named Michael Skinner, and Vito asked me what I thought was "Are you with Skinner?" to which I replied "yeah". Well, it just happened that Lynyrd Skynyrd was also in town that night and I realized after I got off the elevator that he asked me "Are you with Skynyrd?" I felt bad for a millisecond and then went and got drunk with friends. Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 3:25 am

rattpoison wrote:
Johnny Thunders name is inspired by a song called "Johnny Thunder", which band wrote that song?

The Kinks?
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:36 am

akeldama wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

The Kinks?

That's who I would've said
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:37 am

Who wrote the guitar intro to "Beyond the realms of Death"?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:11 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Who wrote the guitar intro to "Beyond the realms of Death"?

Al Atkins?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:12 pm

What progressive metal band had a cameo in the movie Airheads, performing as the "Sons of Thunder"?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:31 am

Quote :
What progressive metal band had a cameo in the movie Airheads, performing as the "Sons of Thunder"?

I believe it was the Galactic Cowboys?

Lita Ford made a guest appearance in an episode of what late 80s/early 90s FOX Network sitcom?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Lita Ford made a guest appearance in an episode of what late 80s/early 90s FOX Network sitcom?

I am going to guess 'Herman's Head'
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 8:57 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I am going to guess 'Herman's Head'

DING! Your turn Manny.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock Trivia Thread
Page 8 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next