Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock Trivia Thread

Go down 
+25
James B.
SpectreFate
chewie
thejokeriv
Dave the Boss
EvyMetal
TrogDawn
holydiver97595
Getizzyback
DeathCult
rattpoison
Mglaffas81
sam
Leatherface
akeldama
MetalRob331
tohostudios
Schbopo
XYZ
Thrasher73
kmorg
Fat Freddy
manny
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:15 am

Troublezone wrote:
Leatherface wrote:
What band was originally called City Kid? It might be City Kidd.

Tesla!

and i didn't have to google it... Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_smile
You are correct!

Okay, what band was originaly called Soft White Underbelly?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 9:22 am

Blue Oyster Cult, and I did not have to google it!

Before Van Halen hired Sammy Hagar to replace DLR who did they offer the job to?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:29 am

I think there was a few people considdered, but I'm guessing the answer you're looking for is Patty Smyth.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:32 am

Correct sir, and she turned them down because she was having her first child with Richard Hell.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Quote :
Richard Hell.

Dick Hell?? Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:26 am

Which guitarist makes an appearance on Black Sabbath's Headless Cross on the song "When Death Calls"? I think that's the song anyway.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:38 am

Leatherface wrote:
Which guitarist makes an appearance on Black Sabbath's Headless Cross on the song "When Death Calls"? I think that's the song anyway.

Brian May
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:16 am

What Texas hard rock singer was offered a job in Pantera before Phil joined?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:40 am

Troublezone wrote:

Just a shot in the dark, but I'll say Jason McMaster.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Just a shot in the dark, but I'll say Jason McMaster.

Yeah, it's what i read in Classic Rock magazine.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:07 pm

What band was once know as Sneak Preview?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:40 am

Leatherface wrote:
What band was once know as Sneak Preview?

King's X
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:06 pm

I got one... everybody can play except Manny cuz I know he already knows the answer to this one. Laughing

Anthrax's "Inside Out" video from the VOLUME 8: THE THREAT IS REAL album was inspired by the classic "Twilight Zone" episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" starring William Shatner (a.k.a. "the one with the monster on the airplane wing," which was re-made starring John Lithgow in "Twilight Zone: The Movie").

What other hard rock band did a video based on the same "Zone" episode a decade prior to Anthrax, and for which song?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I got one... everybody can play except Manny cuz I know he already knows the answer to this one. Laughing

Anthrax's "Inside Out" video from the VOLUME 8: THE THREAT IS REAL album was inspired by the classic "Twilight Zone" episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" starring William Shatner (a.k.a. "the one with the monster on the airplane wing," which was re-made starring John Lithgow in "Twilight Zone: The Movie").

What other hard rock band did a video based on the same "Zone" episode a decade prior to Anthrax, and for which song?

Good question. i have no idea...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:02 am

Troublezone wrote:

Nobody else is gonna take a swing? (Whistles "Final Jeopardy" music)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Nobody else is gonna take a swing? (Whistles "Final Jeopardy" music)

How about a hint? Is/was the band popular? Are they still around today?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:25 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

How about a hint? Is/was the band popular? Are they still around today?

A few hints: the band was never much more than a brief blip on the '80s radar and they are not still around today, but one of their ex-members has been playing in a very prominent band for quite a few years now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:26 pm

Ugly Kid Joe? Man, i'm guessing here.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Yea, I got nothing out of those clues. Got anything else?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:34 pm

DING DING DING DING! Time's up.

Sorry, guys, you don't get to trade what you have for what's behind Door #3. But we do have some lovely parting gifts for you, including the home version of our game and a year's supply of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco Treat!!

But seriously folks.... the other video inspired by that "Twilight Zone" episode was Black-N-Blue's "Miss Mystery," from '85.

BNB guitarist Tommy Thayer, of course, is now portraying Space Ace in KISS.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:24 am

Time for a resurrection.

In the video for Run DMC's 'Walk This Way', 3 members of what glam band backed up Steven Tyler & Joe Perry for the on-stage shots?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:10 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Time for a resurrection.

In the video for Run DMC's 'Walk This Way', 3 members of what glam band backed up Steven Tyler & Joe Perry for the on-stage shots?

Ummm... I can't swear to this but I'm gonna say Smashed Gladys.

Amirite? Amirite?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:28 am

You are correct sir. Good job.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:49 am

Woot! I guess that makes it my turn to ask a question... I'll be back as soon as I think of somethin'.

*EDIT* OK, I got one... probably too easy but what the hell... in the late 90s, Sebastian Bach of Skid Row fame appeared on Broadway in the title role of what musical?

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Woot! I guess that makes it my turn to ask a question... I'll be back as soon as I think of somethin'.

*EDIT* OK, I got one... probably too easy but what the hell... in the late 90s, Sebastian Bach of Skid Row fame appeared on Broadway in the title role of what musical?
Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock Trivia Thread   Rock Trivia Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock Trivia Thread
Page 18 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next