Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)

Go down 
+9
MetalGuy71
sam
brontotex
ultmetal
manny
Troublezone
Zdan
Fat Freddy
fingers
13 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography) Empty
PostSubject: White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)   White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 1:53 am

Just Read it and gotta say a brilliant read. He said some interesting random stuff like he thinks Randy Rhoads is OVERRATED which I disagree hes still is one of my favourite guitar players. He knew Lars Ulrich before he formed MetallicA and he taught Sid Vicious from Sex Pistols how to play bass and how crazy Phil Animal Taylor is The only thing gets boring is the last 60 pages it gets a little repetitive like goes on his feuds with the promoters Record Companys Execs etc.
Anyway if you can get it READ IT and if you have read it what do you think of it?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)   White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:01 am

I have been meaning to track down this book. I love music bio's and Lemmy's had one hell of an interesting life, I'm sure it's a great read.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)   White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:57 am

The book IS an amazing read. It totally dips in you in Lemmy's world and his attitude towards things - which at times can a bit annoying but nevertheless makes for an exciting and fun read. Reccomended!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)   White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:57 am

fingers wrote:
Just Read it and gotta say a brilliant read. He said some interesting random stuff like he thinks Randy Rhoads is OVERRATED which I disagree hes still is one of my favourite guitar players. He knew Lars Ulrich before he formed MetallicA and he taught Sid Vicious from Sex Pistols how to play bass and how crazy Phil Animal Taylor is The only thing gets boring is the last 60 pages it gets a little repetitive like goes on his feuds with the promoters Record Companys Execs etc.
Anyway if you can get it READ IT and if you have read it what do you think of it?

Lemmy is brain dead if he thinks Rhoads is overrated and to top it off Sid Vicious couldn't play bass so it's nothing to brag about. I suppose Fast Eddie Clarke was a genius on guitar... Laughing
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)   White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:09 am

I would love to read that book, and Johnny Rotten and Steve Jones both confirm the story of Lemmy teaching Sid Vicious to play bass, unfortunetly Sid took up with Nancy and heroin making him useless not just as a musician but as a human being so on the classic 'Never Mind the Bollocks' that is Steve Jones playing bass.

Like Freddy said Lemmy has had an interesting life and I would love to read this book.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)   White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:19 am

Great read. I devoured that book in only a couple of days. It was like sitting at Lemmy's feet listening to him tell tales of the last 40 years.

brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)   White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:52 am

Great book
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)   White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:47 am

cool, I didn't even realize this was out; will definitely have to track down a copy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)   White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:45 am

I have this. Like Ult stated, it's a cool quick read. When you read it, it's like you're sitting in a pub, knocking back a few pints while Lemmy is telling some stories. Nothing too deep or real shocking revelations but a good read nonetheless.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)   White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Yes, i agree. A great book. Also the book by the singer of SAXON is great.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)   White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:20 pm

It's an excellent book!
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)   White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:53 pm

I had no idea about this but am very interested in it. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)   White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:49 am

I heard he also wrote another autobiography is that true?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)   White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:05 am

Amazon has it on sale right now for around $10.

http://www.amazon.com/White-Line-Fever-Lemmy-Kilmister/dp/0806525908/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237014261&sr=8-1
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)   White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 10:01 am

I will have to pick this up. I love music bio's - Easy and interesting to read
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)   White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Line Fever (Lemmy's Autobiography)
Page 1 of 1