Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....

Go down 
+9
Metallic Blaze
ultmetal
mc666
Dave the Boss
Thrasher73
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
13 posters
AuthorMessage

If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Empty
PostSubject: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:30 am

What would you recommend? I had, Heavy Metal Maniac, on cassette back in the day but never bought any others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:33 am

The first three are all winners, but my favorite is Long Live The Loud.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:35 am

Not just for the cover?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:43 am

My Exciter collection is lacking, I only own 3 albums, but they're on my list of "get more".

Naz, you could try New Testament, which came out in '04. It's a newish collection of all their old tunes re-recorded with the then-current band members. While they might not live up to the original recordings, depending on who you ask, it will give you a pretty decent overview of their older material and whether you want to invest in more.

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:51 am

Good idea. Didn't know that's what that was. I should've checked Ult's site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:02 pm

I kinda like The Dark Command...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:14 pm

S wrote:
I kinda like The Dark Command...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Start with the first 3, in order.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:08 pm

Just get all of them, they are all killer!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:11 pm

Lurideath wrote:

If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... 11840
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:13 pm

No ones mentioned Thrash,Speed,Burn yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:25 pm

TSB is a good one too. I just think the vocalist is the weakest they have ever had.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:41 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Start with the first 3, in order.

Agreed! Although Violence & Force might just be my favorite Exciter record. Speed metal at its finest!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:43 pm

S wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

x3 If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_cool

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 2:31 pm

mc666 wrote:
S wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

headbanger x4

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Naz, you could try New Testament, which came out in '04. It's a newish collection of all their old tunes re-recorded with the then-current band members. While they might not live up to the original recordings, depending on who you ask, it will give you a pretty decent overview of their older material and whether you want to invest in more.

"New Testament" is a good album. That was my introduction to the band last year.

Currently it's the only one I own - but I like it and listen to it fairly regularly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:20 pm

Looks like that's a good place to start. Amazon has it for under $2.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:40 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

"New Testament" is a good album. That was my introduction to the band last year.

Currently it's the only one I own - but I like it and listen to it fairly regularly.

Then get the first three albums! They're speed metal classics.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 6:42 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Then get the first three albums! They're speed metal classics.

Will do!

If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... 604261
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:22 pm

Agree on the first three being must have. But I'll also say add Unveiling The Wicked in there. That one may be my favorite since it was my introduction to Exciter.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:19 pm

ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:
S wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

headbanger x4

If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... 11840 x 5

You'll be happy you did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:08 pm

The only one I ever really liked was Heavy Metal Maniac...but that one I recommend HIGHLY.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:37 pm

nevermore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:
S wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

headbanger x4

You'll be happy you did.

If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... 11840 x 6 and get some old RAZOR too.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:48 pm

They are all killers...Exciter are amazing...I can't get enouh of their agressivity and screams If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... 11840
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:16 pm

krokus wrote:
nevermore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:
S wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

headbanger x4

You'll be happy you did.

If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... 11840 x 6 and get some old RAZOR too.

Definitely! Razor and Exciter are two of Canada's finest thrash/speed metal exports.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....   If I was to buy any Exciter albums..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If I was to buy any Exciter albums.....
Page 1 of 1