Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why are Exciter so underrated???

Go down 
+7
krokus
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
EvyMetal
mc666
Thrasher73
DeathCult
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Why are Exciter so underrated??? Empty
PostSubject: Why are Exciter so underrated???   Why are Exciter so underrated??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:18 pm

Hi all! First sorry if my Inglish is bad, I' m new and I hope I will enjoy with you all in the site! Very Happy

Can someone explain me why Exciter are so underrated by critic (see allmusic.com for a example) and by pubblic too! Much of kids of today, even those who listen old Thrash and Speed like Testament, Overkill, Megadeth ecc, they don' t know about this great band!
I personally think that their first 3 albums where very great, especially "Violence & Force".... "Heavy Metal Maniac" where one of the firsts Thrash albums ever, like Kill em All and Show no Mercy.... PS: I like "O.T.T. too! Razz

What do you think about this band??? growl
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Why are Exciter so underrated???   Why are Exciter so underrated??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:21 pm

They RULE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Why are Exciter so underrated???   Why are Exciter so underrated??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:33 pm

Good stuff is what I think
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Why are Exciter so underrated???   Why are Exciter so underrated??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:48 am

i've always loved Exciter & i think their new one stands up to the old material. see the other Exciter threads here...
http://www.heartofmetal.net/search.forum?search_keywords=exciter&sid=&q=&domains=www.heartofmetal.net&sitesearch=www.heartofmetal.net&client=pub-0339214227387817&forid=1&channel=3119321536&ie=iso-8859-1&oe=iso-8859-1&hl=en&cof=GALT%3A%23ffffcd%3BGL%3A1%3BDIV%3A%23000000%3BVLC%3A%23ffffcd%3BAH%3Acenter%3BBGC%3A%23000000%3BLBGC%3A%23000000%3BALC%3A%23fdffd3%3BLC%3A%23ffffcd%3BT%3A%23ffffff%3BGFNT%3A%23ffffcd%3BGIMP%3A%23ffffcd%3BFORID%3A11&search_terms=all&search_author=&search_where=-1&search_time=0&show_results=topics&sort_by=0&sort_dir=DESC&google=

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Why are Exciter so underrated???   Why are Exciter so underrated??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:28 am

Give the guy a break, he's new.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Why are Exciter so underrated???   Why are Exciter so underrated??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:36 am

EvyMetal wrote:
Give the guy a break, he's new.
i posted that only to let him know others opinions on Exciter. no other reason.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Why are Exciter so underrated???   Why are Exciter so underrated??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:36 am

Never understood it either. Raven, Anvil and Exciter were the beginnings of thrash metal IMO.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Why are Exciter so underrated???   Why are Exciter so underrated??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:10 am

One reason is that they never fit into the trend at the time.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Why are Exciter so underrated???   Why are Exciter so underrated??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:35 am

Always love EXCITER and again their new album rules. I opened a post about THRASH SPEED BURN and only 3 or 4 people wrote something. Yes, they are underrated.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Why are Exciter so underrated???   Why are Exciter so underrated??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 7:07 pm

They are underrated because they never went out and toured a lot. I don't ever remember them even hitting the west coast at all. I think also is that they weren't pushed like other bands were. They definitely rule though!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Why are Exciter so underrated???   Why are Exciter so underrated??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:10 pm

One of the best canadian bands ever....seen them in So Calif with Merciful Fate in 84', I believe that was the year.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Why are Exciter so underrated???   Why are Exciter so underrated??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:14 pm

Welcome JERRYONLY!!!!

...and be thankful MC666 posted the thread links nicely...if that A-hole EYESORE would've gotten here first he'd have been rude about it.....(he has issues Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Why are Exciter so underrated???   Why are Exciter so underrated??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:30 pm

Thank you very much MC666! Wink You rock! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why are Exciter so underrated???   Why are Exciter so underrated??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:37 pm

Sword, Exciter, Raven,etc... Are really underrated bands. They oppened the door to other bands that are now really known.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Why are Exciter so underrated???   Why are Exciter so underrated??? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 11:17 pm

They aren't underated in my book! Good classic speed metal!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why are Exciter so underrated???   Why are Exciter so underrated??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why are Exciter so underrated???
Page 1 of 1