Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seventh Angel re-releases.

Go down 
+10
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Stender
SideShowDisaSter
exact33
Olafsto
Zdan
MetalGuy71
kmorg
ultmetal
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:49 am

I already have the Retroactive releases and the bonus tracks are not all that.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:17 am

Thank god I have a little extra in my budget this month. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:54 am

GrandNational wrote:
Boo to re-issues of albums already re-issued. Boo to digipak's.

DB, who's that in your avatar? That's a nice slice of cheese Smile .

That sir, is me sir. Halloween 2003 after I dyed my hair black and decided to try corpse paint (I did it for several more Halloweens). It was fun but not something I would do on a regular basis and I will also never dye my hair again (it took several bleachings and damaged it considerably-not even the best conditioner could stop it from being too dry).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:04 am

Quote :
I will also never dye my hair again (it took several bleachings and damaged it considerably-not even the best conditioner could stop it from being too dry).

You're a funny guy.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:03 pm

Olaf: You should know better then to listen to Swedes! Laughing

just kidding

I am also read Sweden Rock every time, and believe me they have no agenda towards Christian bands.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:08 pm

kmorg wrote:

just kidding

I am also read Sweden Rock every time, and believe me they have no agenda towards Christian bands.

Not they, just him.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:11 pm

Troublezone wrote:
kmorg wrote:

just kidding

Not they, just him.

Again, you are wrong. He honestly didn't like the music. And I for one can totally see where he is coming from. It took me a long time to appreciate Seventh Angel too. I didn't discover them -til the internet days, and since their CD's where so hard to find at the time I built up this ridiculous idea of how great this band was. Finally snagged The torment years ago, and was totally let dow. It wasn't 'til Bombworks reissued the demo and the live songs before I really started to enjoy the band, and revisited the 2 albums too. I like them now, but can stil understand that someone could dislike them still after only 2 or 3 spins, if he even gave them that.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Yah, but even if he disliked the music, the dude was in NO way justified in saying the band had no talent (that's what it boiled down to, anyway). If he had said something about song structures, general style, creativity, whatever....fine. However, he all but said the band had no talent. That right there tells me he either had an agenda, didn't listen to them at all, or based his review off what someone told him THEY thought. Even if you don't like them, there is no WAY you can listen to them and say they can't play their instruments.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:20 pm

kmorg wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
kmorg wrote:

just kidding

Not they, just him.

Again, you are wrong. He honestly didn't like the music. And I for one can totally see where he is coming from. It took me a long time to appreciate Seventh Angel too. I didn't discover them -til the internet days, and since their CD's where so hard to find at the time I built up this ridiculous idea of how great this band was. Finally snagged The torment years ago, and was totally let dow. It wasn't 'til Bombworks reissued the demo and the live songs before I really started to enjoy the band, and revisited the 2 albums too. I like them now, but can stil understand that someone could dislike them still after only 2 or 3 spins, if he even gave them that.

I wasn't saying as a matter of fact, just what if...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:22 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Yah, but even if he disliked the music, the dude was in NO way justified in saying the band had no talent (that's what it boiled down to, anyway). If he had said something about song structures, general style, creativity, whatever....fine. However, he all but said the band had no talent. That right there tells me he either had an agenda, didn't listen to them at all, or based his review off what someone told him THEY thought. Even if you don't like them, there is no WAY you can listen to them and say they can't play their instruments.

You're right. And I agree. But it is so fun every once in a while to really rip on a band. Remember these guys write probably hundreds of reviews a year, and all these mediocre bands and CD's should be treated with as much repsect as the awesome ones. But just this 1 time this dude wasted to be funny. He may not have succeeded, but it makes for a funnier read now than if he just told us have bland or indifferent these cd's left him.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:28 pm

kmorg wrote:
You're right. And I agree. But it is so fun every once in a while to really rip on a band. Remember these guys write probably hundreds of reviews a year, and all these mediocre bands and CD's should be treated with as much repsect as the awesome ones. But just this 1 time this dude wasted to be funny. He may not have succeeded, but it makes for a funnier read now than if he just told us have bland or indifferent these cd's left him.

The thing is maybe he should try to write an album and see how easy it is. A well trained peanut could write a much better review btw.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Troublezone wrote:
kmorg wrote:

The thing is maybe he should try to write an album and see how easy it is. A well trained peanut could write a much better review btw.

lol! See how fun that was! Totally not true, in fact it is impossible for a peanut to write anything, yet it was fun!

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:05 pm

Great albums and I don't understand why the reviewer said they had no talent. He's in a position to influence people who might be interested. He could say why he doesn't like them and give real examples but his review is crap.
Lament is a great, great thrash album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:13 pm

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:
Great albums and I don't understand why the reviewer said they had no talent. He's in a position to influence people who might be interested. He could say why he doesn't like them and give real examples but his review is crap.
Lament is a great, great thrash album.

He's a Swede... 'nuff said.

just kidding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:17 pm

Durn Swedes. Only good thing from there is the meatballs. Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 505193
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:43 pm

Durn Swedes. Only good thing from there is the meatballs. Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 505193

Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Swedish_bikini_team

^^DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE!!^^

Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:20 pm

I beg to differ. The old Swedish death metal scene proves you wrong kind sir. Dismember and Entombed especially.

Back to the topic - I agree with was posted before - I can understand the reviewer not liking the song structures, the riffs or the vocals but saying a band like Seventh Angel has no talent is simply stupid.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:13 pm

kmorg wrote:

just kidding

lol!
I know i know.
But lets face it Kurt, when it comes to hockey and metal, they beat us by miles....
Guess i have to check out Seventh Angel soon, obviously a either love em or hate em kind of band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:46 pm

Quote :

I beg to differ. The old Swedish death metal scene proves you wrong kind sir. Dismember and Entombed especially.

I was joking as Olafsto and Kmorg must've known. At least I hope they did. Besides, Olafsto loves Communic as much as I do so he has to be cool.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:45 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Boo to re-issues of albums already re-issued. Boo to digipak's.

DB, who's that in your avatar? That's a nice slice of cheese Smile .

That sir, is me sir. Halloween 2003 after I dyed my hair black and decided to try corpse paint (I did it for several more Halloweens). It was fun but not something I would do on a regular basis and I will also never dye my hair again (it took several bleachings and damaged it considerably-not even the best conditioner could stop it from being too dry).

Haha. You're crazy, in a fun way.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 5:39 am

Quote :

I was joking as Olafsto and Kmorg must've known. At least I hope they did. Besides, Olafsto loves Communic as much as I do so he has to be cool.

No problem - I also said what I said in a joking tone. Sweden produced tons of great bands and still does to this day. Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 505193
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:19 pm

Olafsto wrote:
kmorg wrote:

just kidding

lol!
I know i know.
But lets face it Kurt, when it comes to hockey and metal, they beat us by miles....
Guess i have to check out Seventh Angel soon, obviously a either love em or hate em kind of band.

Remind me again what hockey team just won the series this year? Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Seventh Angel re-releases.   Seventh Angel re-releases. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seventh Angel re-releases.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2