Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst Guitar Solo

Go down 
+7
ultmetal
manny
Troublezone
Mglaffas81
DeathCult
Schbopo
MetalRob331
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 5:58 pm

Well we know what we like and what we consider the best. But what are some solos that just stink and really shouldn't of been recorded?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:45 pm

Joan Jett-I love rock and roll
Van Halen-Panama
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 6:47 pm

I always thought Talking Heads - Psycho Killer was the most godawful thing I ever heard
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 7:15 pm

Never liked the added solo in the Four Horsemen
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:09 am

Most of Slayer's solo's - They are just so bad sick

Always thought the solo to "Hole in my Soul" by Aerosmith was quite bad - It just sounds like whoever recorded it was tired and didn't care at all - Great song, though
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:32 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Most of Slayer's solo's - They are just so bad sick

Always thought the solo to "Hole in my Soul" by Aerosmith was quite bad - It just sounds like whoever recorded it was tired and didn't care at all - Great song, though

Yes all of Slayers solos are cringe worthy.

The solo in Audioslaves Original Fire is really unfitting as well..
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:54 am

Quote :
Van Halen-Panama

Thats a cool solo. It's meant to be simple...
Back to top Go down

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:33 am

MetalRob331 wrote:

"all" of their solos? While I agree they have a certain "shtick" (especially King), Hanneman is kick ass guitarist and some of his best work is recent, I was just listening to Christ Illusion this weekend and noted how good many of the solos are on that record...the atonality works for Slayer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:41 am

detuned wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

"all" of their solos? While I agree they have a certain "shtick" (especially King), Hanneman is kick ass guitarist and some of his best work is recent, I was just listening to Christ Illusion this weekend and noted how good many of the solos are on that record...the atonality works for Slayer.

The solos on the title track from Seasons in the Abyss was pretty cool.

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:44 am

Metalrob, as usual I disagree with you ( I know you must be shocked) but I think the solo to 'Panama' is part of the song, a simple and effective solo, not his greatest solo but a solo that works for that song.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:56 am

The guitar solo on "Black Snake" on Mortification's "Live Planetatrium". Great song, but man was that guitar solo botched.

Slayer? Really? I've never thought their solos were all that bad. I'm sure every band with a history as long as Slayer's is bound to record a stinker or two, but for the most part the guitar work certainly isn't what I would "bad" or label "worst guitar solo".

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:03 am

DeathCult wrote:
Never liked the added solo in the Four Horsemen

This.

I always thought most of Living Sacrifice's solos sucked until they got Rocky Gray. Inhabit had some good ones though.
Back to top Go down

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:09 am

Mick Mars. Pick one.

Def. the "Girls, Girls, Girls" solo is rather pedestrian.

He's a good rhythm player, but solos are not his friend.
Back to top Go down

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:13 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Mick Mars. Pick one.

Completely agree...someone should have kicked his ass after his "solo" on Jailhouse Rock from the same album. Pedestrian is even being too kind, barely functional is closer.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:13 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Mick Mars. Pick one.

100% in agreement, I am a Motley Crue fan but his solo's are terrible.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:33 pm

manny wrote:
Metalrob, as usual I disagree with you ( I know you must be shocked) but I think the solo to 'Panama' is part of the song, a simple and effective solo, not his greatest solo but a solo that works for that song.

Shocked "Did I do that?"

I dont remember saying anything bad about that solo, but if you want me to I could, but I wouldn't be telling the truth.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:49 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
manny wrote:

Shocked "Did I do that?"

I dont remember saying anything bad about that solo, but if you want me to I could, but I wouldn't be telling the truth.

Sorry dude it was not you it was schcoop, it has been days since I disagreed with you.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 2:30 pm

Im sure I could come up with something Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:16 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Im sure I could come up with something Laughing very hard

Please do, my day won't be complete if you and I do not disagree about something. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 3:36 pm

Another solo that I really dont care for is the solo in the outro of Paradise City by GnR. Its hard to hear and Slash just seems to be hitting random notes. His style is not made for speed.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 4:01 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Another solo that I really dont care for is the solo in the outro of Paradise City by GnR. Its hard to hear and Slash just seems to be hitting random notes. His style is not made for speed.

Thank God!!! I completely and 100% disagree with you MetalRob, there now I feel better. Thank you sir.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 5:13 pm

Maybe it's because I'm not musically inclined, but I don't recall ever hearing a solo and thinking "Phew, what a stinker!". Sure, there's some that stand-out more than others, but I can't think of anyone in particular that didn't fit with the rest of the song. Mick Mars, for example, might not be the greatest shredder, but I think his style works well within the confines of the Crue's music. Same with the Slayer stuff. Without getting all technical, it certainly fits with the style of music.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:26 pm

Listen to the solo at the end of Psycho Killer it actually makes me want to break my speakers it sounds like the guitar strings are being broken. Regardless if the solo is meant to sound that way it atrocious.

The solo in The God That Failed really doesn't work at all as well for me. Sometimes there doesn't have to be a solo to get the point by. I think this song would have been fine without one.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 6:46 pm

Any guitar solo that just follows the rhythm of the song, for example;

Nirvana-Smells like Teen Spirit
Scorpions-Humanity
Twisted Sister-We're not Gonna Take It
Journey-Don't Stop Believing

They can be okay sometimes, but for the most part I fail to see the point.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 7:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Maybe it's because I'm not musically inclined, but I don't recall ever hearing a solo and thinking "Phew, what a stinker!". Sure, there's some that stand-out more than others, but I can't think of anyone in particular that didn't fit with the rest of the song. Mick Mars, for example, might not be the greatest shredder, but I think his style works well within the confines of the Crue's music. Same with the Slayer stuff. Without getting all technical, it certainly fits with the style of music.

I'm with you. Even in songs I don't like I didn't hear any solos that repulsed me completly. As far as Mick Mars, the solos to Without You and Home Sweet Home are two of the best solos ever IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

Worst Guitar Solo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Guitar Solo   Worst Guitar Solo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Guitar Solo
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: