Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crue Fest 2

Go down 
+7
Troublezone
sam
arttieTHE1manparty
MetalRob331
MetalGuy71
mez
Metal Misfit
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:23 pm

Not sure if this was posted already, didn't see a thread:

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news09/0225mot.shtml

Quote :
Last Summer's Most Successful Rock Festival Returns - Public Ticket Pre Sale Begins March 2nd

Motley Crue, along with some of rock's top touring acts, will hit the
road again this summer for Crue Fest 2: The White Trash Circus. The
Live Nation produced tour will visit cities across North America
beginning July 19th in Camden, NJ through September 5th in Darien Lake,
NY. Full tour details, including the line up, will be revealed at a
major press conference broadcast from FUSE TV studios in New York on
March 16th, before Motley Crue hits the stage at Madison Square Garden
that evening.

Crue Fest 2 pre sale tickets will be available exclusively to
Motley Crue fan club members beginning on February 25th. Beginning on
March 2nd, pre sale tickets will be available to the public. Fans can
go to www.cruefest2.com for all pre sale information.

Last summer's multi-artist inaugural Crue Fest was the most successful
touring rock festival of the summer season. Crue Fest was also the
number ten tour overall for the summer of 2008, according to Rolling
Stone. Featuring Motley Crue, Buckcherry, Papa Roach, Sixx:A.M. and
Trapt, the festival played for nearly half a million rock fans to Live
Nation amphitheaters and arenas in 40 cities across North America. Says
Motley's Tommy Lee, "Last year at Crue Fest, we set out to have more
fun than humans are allowed to have. We succeeded beyond that. This
year, we are going to top that and I guarantee we will."

As part of the robust integrated marketing and partnerships,
the activities surrounding the announcement of this year's line-up and
ticket on-sale include launch parties in local venues and in-theater
special screenings of a performance documentary on Crue Fest 1, which
will also be released on DVD on March 24th. More details on all of
these activities are available at www.motley.com.

Definitely looking forward to this and they're coming to back to Clarkston, MI in August. 🤘 I wonder what bands they'll do this year? I doubt they'll use any of the bands from last year (maybe SIXX:AM?). Maybe the 2009 SOLA tour bands (Hinder, Theory of a Deadman, The Last Vegas)?

Last edited by Metal Misfit on Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 4:35 am

Sadly I am missing it this year, due to needing a new car and trying to pay other bills Sad

I am happy I caught them last year though. Was ana amazing concert.
Back to top Go down

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 5:30 am

Crue is one band that really needs to hang it up already. Call it a day, so to say. Vince has not been able to sing live in over a decade! And I am sure they will be wheeling Mick around stage so he does not break the other hip.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:55 am

Nah, Vince did fine last year. He lets the crowd in on co-vocals Very Happy but that just keeps the people fired up. I think all the negative press he's gotten for performing live has been blown out of proportion. But then again, I haven't been to his solo shows when he's drunk...

They've been touring pretty much non-stop since Red, White and Crue so I do agree they should rest for a bit, but if CF2 is as successful as the first one, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I figured Crue Fest '08 was their big tour and then they'd lay low until Part 2, but they've kept on touring...

According to Vince, they have a deal for 4 more albums and 5 more tours. Not sure if that's just wishful thinking, but the band isn't planning on hanging it up anytime soon. Nikki has even made reference to "10 more years".
Back to top Go down

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:59 am

Vince couldn't sing like in 1990 when i saw them. Horrible live singer.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:03 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:

Did you hear him on the last tour(s) at all?

Vince has never been an exceptional singer, but it's not like he's out there killing the songs like Lou Gramm.
Back to top Go down

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:30 am

Quote :

only on video.

he was supposed to be sober on the Dr. Feelgood tour, and he sounded drunk as hell.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:45 am

I've seen Motley Crue about 4 or 5 times and I'll say of those shows, Vince was on and a few nights, well, not so much. The last time I saw them, everyone sounded great, but I could see Mick limping down the staircase off to the side when Tommy was doing his drum solo. He was in bad shape then, and that was 3 or 4 years ago.

I suppose I kinda agree with Sax and say they should give it up and retire, but on the other hand, what else are they gonna do? They seem to be drawing crowds when they perform, so why not? I guess they'll keep recording and touring till Mick dies. Only then can I see them stopping.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:58 pm

Motley Crue's setlist for Crue Fest 2:

The entire Dr. Feelgood album. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:09 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:

Vince has never been an exceptional singer, but it's not like he's out there killing the songs like Lou Gramm.

WHOA! Lou Gramm is one of the best rock voices if you ask me. He hit a stretch where he was badly ill from a tumor that affected his vocals and health. Gramm cant be compared to Neil its like comparing Whitney Houston(Gramm) to Miley Cyrus(Neil).
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:28 am

Motley Crue has sounded great the last two tours and I saw them in Omaha just three weeks ago.

The "rumored" bands for CrueFest2 are Theory Of a Deadman, Drowning Pool, Godsmack, Saving Abel, and maybe Sixx AM. Of course, these are just rumors. A press conference on 3/16/09 on Fuse is supposed to announce all the bands.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:20 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Crue is one band that really needs to hang it up already. Call it a day, so to say. Vince has not been able to sing live in over a decade! And I am sure they will be wheeling Mick around stage so he does not break the other hip.

lol! true, nikkie should stick with sixx am
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:33 am

They haven't had anything to offer since Dr. Feelgood.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:40 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Motley Crue's setlist for Crue Fest 2:

The entire Dr. Feelgood album. Smile

That's pretty cool. I suppose some bands have been doing this for years, but I like that it seems to be the current trend of bands to play an entire album. Especially when they're breaking out some obscure tunes that never got airplay or live exposure.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:58 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
Motley Crue has sounded great the last two tours and I saw them in Omaha just three weeks ago.

The
"rumored" bands for CrueFest2 are Theory Of a Deadman, Drowning Pool,
Godsmack, Saving Abel, and maybe Sixx AM. Of course, these are just
rumors. A press conference on 3/16/09 on Fuse is supposed to announce
all the bands.

Arttie

Hm... Saving Abel would suck. I was thinking either Theory of a Deadman or Hinder would get a spot and hoping The Last Vegas would be the openers.

Troublezone wrote:

Sure they have. Don't be old and bitter. Razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:59 am

Quote :

Not IMO. Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:01 am

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Not IMO. Smile

OH YEAH?! Well... my opinion's better than yours! :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:18 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :

Not IMO. Smile

OH YEAH?! Well... my opinion's better than yours! :kickbutt:

Nope, Saved By the Bell actors don't get an opinion.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:17 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Nope, Saved By the Bell actors don't get an opinion.

Zack Morris FTW
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 12:54 am

I love Saints Of Los Angeles, personally. And I think Vince sounds better on this tour (and the Carnival Of Sins tour) than he did in the entire decade of the 80's.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 4:46 pm

Motley
Godsmack
Theory of a Deadman
Drowning Pool
Charm City Devils

scratch I don't really know about this one. The first Crue Fest was pretty stacked, this one isn't. I do think it's great Motley is taking out younger sleaze/glam/70s hard rock influenced bands though, like The Last Vegas and Charm City Devils (http://www.myspace.com/charmcitydevils, they actually sound really cool).

I couldn't care less about Drowning Pool though and don't even know any of their songs besides "Bodies" and Theory of a Deadman is the poor man's Nickelback (which are a generic band themselves). If they were gonna take someone from their Saints of Los Angeles tour, I wish Motley would've picked Hinder over ToaD. Godsmack is okay, I like most of their singles, but never liked'em enough to get anything after their first album.

Basically, I'd only be in this to hear Motley play Dr. Feelgood in its entirety and to support those young up 'n' comers Charm City Devils.

If it comes down to only affording/having time for one concert this summer (and it very well might), I think I'm taking Poison/Def Leppard/Cheap Trick over this.
Back to top Go down

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 5:09 pm

More like Ewwwww Fest. dancingthing
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:35 am

Troublezone wrote:

Thatstatement is almost complete bullsh!t, their self titled album is a great album and their newest album 'Saints of Los Angeles' may not be the greatest album of last year but at this stage of their career it is very good album, even if they are just rehashing past glories.

But 'Generation Swine' and 'New Tattoo' were mediocre and deserved their quick trip to the cut out bin.

Last edited by manny on Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:44 am

I think the Crue's post-Feelgood output is decent, but I just don't jive with how they are trying to shove down our throats that they are a legendary band. In every interview with Nikki I have seen he seems determined to convince you that Motley Crue were the best band of the 80's and deserve to be placed among the legends of rock. As for me, I'm not buyin' it. I see them as another nostalgia act. The songwriting has always been lacking with this band and no amount of near-death experiences, Hanoi Rocks member vehicular manslaughters, and Pamela Anderson sex tapes can change that.
Back to top Go down

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 12:28 pm

They're still alive. Doesn't that prove how legendary they are?
I agree though, they had some decent songs but nothing earth shattering or ground breaking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crue Fest 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest 2   Crue Fest 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crue Fest 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next