Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crue Fest

Go down 
+2
ghost
Metal Misfit
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:00 am

Well, in about 12 hours I'll be on my way to Crue Fest in Detroit! 🤘

Can't wait! My second time seeing the Crue live, but a first for the rest of the bands. I'll be sure to type up a report on Wednesday of the festivities!
Back to top Go down

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:12 am

Check out Papa Roach. Believe it or not, they put on a killer show.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:33 am

Eyesore wrote:

My fiancee's going with me, she saw them two years ago with Breaking Benjamin and I think Chevelle. She loved it. They're one of her favorite bands. They actually do have a lot of good singles.

I've checked around for Crue Fest reviews and I found a few from different dates of the tour and both said Buckcherry stole the show.
Back to top Go down

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 2:13 am

Papa Roach play a lot of the newer stuff where there's no real rapping. They're more or less an alternative rock band now.

That's pretty much the band they are today. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 5:23 am

Eyesore wrote:

I saw them last year supporting Iron Maiden and they where boring. sick
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:38 am

Eyesore wrote:
Papa Roach play a lot of the newer stuff where there's no real rapping. They're more or less an alternative rock band now.

That's pretty much the band they are today. Great stuff.

Good I hate that rap stuff, I'm going to see this tour in another week and really haven't been too excited to see it other than Crue. Does anyone know if Vince is going to sing this tour or if he is just going to let the crowd do all of for him?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:09 am

skullsmasher wrote:
Does anyone know if Vince is going to sing this tour or if he is just going to let the crowd do all of for him?

Half and half, I assume, just like when I saw them on the Carnival of Sin tour. Razz

Ugh, but that's lamer than a Mick Mars live solo. Just plain laziness. I know people have knocked him saying he's winded, but I don't think that's the case at all.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 2:48 pm

[/quote]

Half and half, I assume, just like when I saw them on the Carnival of Sin tour. Razz

Ugh, but that's lamer than a Mick Mars live solo. Just plain laziness. I know people have knocked him saying he's winded, but I don't think that's the case at all.[/quote]

I just think he was too drunk to remember the lyrics to his own songs. I saw him a few years back doing a solo show and he did the same thing and also on the Carnival Of Sins tour. I swore I would not go see them again but here I am with another ticket. I just remember back in the old days you couldn't beat a Crue show, these days one can only wish or hope for them to play like the old days.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 2:50 pm

ghost wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I saw them last year supporting Iron Maiden and they where boring. sick

i saw them then two and they were ok but the erent blowing me away or anything which is a shame considering how much the tickets cost
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:09 pm

please forgive my ignorance but what is Crue fest i have never heard of it here in England
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:52 pm

We're considering going to Denver. My wife loved the Crue concert I took her to a couple of years ago, and we both really like Sixx AM.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 4:22 pm

personaly I think this is motley crues way of making easy money......
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:11 am

Crue Fest is a tour that is going around North America that is featuring Sixx A.M., Trapt, Papa Roach, Buckcherry, and being headlined by Motley Crue. The thing is there are so many bands on the ticket that I get the feeling that 3 of the five bands will only get 20 minutes to play before the next band needs to set up.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:02 am

skullsmasher wrote:

I just remember back in the old days you couldn't beat a Crue show, these days one can only wish or hope for them to play like the old days.

Shocked I was too young to catch'em "back in the day", but I loved their Carnival of Sin show and I think last night's was great as well.

Of course, Vince did "audience participation" singing again, but the crowd ate it up and he sounded great himself. I love his voice, people knock it, but it's perfect for the kind of music they play.

Metalhead10 wrote:
personaly I think this is motley crues way of making easy money......

What's wrong with that as long as the shows are good and people want to see it? DTE holds 15,000 and some odd change, it was a definite sell out. I don't know how much of this was stage rap BS, but Vince & Nikki truly seemed amazed at how many were there and Nikki said we were the biggest turnout on the tour so far.

They were even filming footage for their next video/single "Motherf*cker of the Year". Which I thought was odd. First off, who's going to play it? Secondly, why release a single where most of the song (and song title) is going to be censored? That's kind of a deathwish to me, like when Brides of Destruction released "Shut the F*ck Up" as their first single. What's with Nikki wanting to make singles out of songs that use the f-word in the song title and lyrics a lot?

I think "The Animal in Me" should've been the next single.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:05 am

skullsmasher wrote:
Crue Fest is a tour that is going around North America that is featuring Sixx A.M., Trapt, Papa Roach, Buckcherry, and being headlined by Motley Crue. The thing is there are so many bands on the ticket that I get the feeling that 3 of the five bands will only get 20 minutes to play before the next band needs to set up.

Show started at 5, ended around 10:45 or so. I wasn't timing it, but it felt Trapt & SIXX:AM both got around 30 min, Papa Roach & Buckcherry 45 min, and Motley hour and a half. There was a blog post I saw somewhere before going that said that was how long each band was playing and that feels about right. There were intermissions between each band to change the stage.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:09 pm

First time I saw the Crue was in 1983 for their Shout at the Devil tour, they were great. I saw them on every tour after that up till Dr Feelgood and I was never feeling like I should have spent my cash elsewhere. I then saw Vince on the Rock Never Stops tour as a solo act, his band kicked ass but he left a bit to be desired with his performance. I went to see them again a year or two ago for Carnival of Sins, the production and stage antics were over the top and was an overall great show except for Vince only singing two or three words out of every phrase. Rob Zombie did this too the last time I saw him, it drives me crazy. I don't mind audience participation in fact I love it I just don't like it to be more than whats coming from the stage.

Thanks for the review, I'll be see this show in New Mexico next weekend, I was kind of wondering what to expect. Carnival of Sins was boobie fest is this one that way? The reason I ask is I'm taking my kid and wonder if he will getting an education.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 4:36 pm

Check out my Crue Fest report on my blog: http://metalexcess.wordpress.com/2008/07/16/crue-fest-071508/

skullsmasher wrote:

Carnival of Sins was boobie fest is this one that way? The reason I ask is I'm taking my kid and wonder if he will getting an education.

Not at last night's show. Of course, you're going to hear a lot of cursing, but they didn't do the booby cam. It was a pavilion with monitors on top, so that may have played into why they didn't do it.

I have read they *are* doing it at some shows this tour, I just haven't heard what swings it one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:05 pm

Not interested in it really. I chose the METAL MASTERS tour over it now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:06 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Not interested in it really. I chose the METAL MASTERS tour over it now.

Crue Fest was my top pick.

I was interested in Metal Masters, but I didn't have anyone to go with me besides my fiancee and she wasn't really interested in seeing a whole show with that kind of metal on it. I'm disappointed about not seeing Priest, but it works out. The MM show is only a few days after Crue Fest and I couldn't have afforded to take the days off for for it so close after requesting time off for Crue and then starting vacation next week.

I almost went with Cinderella/Warrant... Good thing I didn't buy those tickets!
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:14 am

I'm doing the Metal Masters show too. When I heard of this one I told my wife "Finally a show designed just for me" Tickets are an arm and a leg so I had decided not to go after we spent so much on Crue Fest tix, but she surprised me on Father's Day with pair to the MM show. We got one more ticket free when we purchased the Nostradamus CD. This is the show I am really looking forward to this summer. I've never seen Motorhead or Testament I hope nothing bad happens to make me miss this one.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:43 am

See, I really havent been crazy about Crue for years now. Already saw them awhile back. So I'm good./
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:52 pm

I'm with DC and i've heard enough of those other bands on my daughters radio to last a lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crue Fest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crue Fest   Crue Fest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crue Fest
Page 1 of 1