Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently

Go down 
+12
Zdan
Addy
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Schbopo
jstate
XYZ
tohostudios
manny
RimShot
Gilbert
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Empty
PostSubject: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:38 pm

As we all know, metal has got some classical albums that should be sitting in every metalhead's library.

What are those classics you were so late at purchasing? As for me, i could already give you some names:

1- rust in peace (just got it from a record shop in avignon-france this summer Embarassed ).

2- holy diver (bought it two months ago).

3- master of puppets and kill'em all (two weeks ago)...
Back to top Go down
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

Number of posts : 91

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:42 pm

last summer I bought all of Ratt's CD's for $20 three of them were still sealed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.therefineryrock.com

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:44 pm

RimShot wrote:
last summer I bought all of Ratt's CD's for $20 three of them were still sealed.

Even the S/T EP? If so, great deal.
Back to top Go down
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:46 pm

Yep, I got it from a garage sale. also got Motley Crue's Shout at the Devil for $1
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:51 pm

Helloween-Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II
Slayer-Hell Awaits

acquired within the last six monts.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:53 pm

wow, i always see ratt's albums around. I've never been curious to get them. I should though...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:54 pm

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the thread topic but if there's a release I consider a must have, why wouldn't I already have it?

Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the thread topic but if there's a release I consider a must have, why wouldn't I already have it?
Because you're poor, homeless, and forgot to get a CD player at Walmart before they quit selling them.
Back to top Go down
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:56 pm

RimShot wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Because you're poor, homeless, and forgot to get a CD player at Walmart before they quit selling them.
Sorry Toho, I wasn't directing that to you, just a could be scenario Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:56 pm

Quote :

lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:59 pm

If I'm poor and/or homeless, I doubt I'd see this thread. Smile

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Pardon my bad english (i'm doing my best here confused ). What i mean is when there's a classical album that you waited a long time before finally adding it to your collection, although it should have been among the earliest albums to acquire.
Back to top Go down
RimShot
Metal novice
Metal novice
RimShot

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:02 pm

Gilbert wrote:
wow, i always see ratt's albums around. I've never been curious to get them. I should though...
I love their first two albums; "Out of the Cellar" and "Invasion of Your Privacy". The albums after that had some good songs but not quite as solid as those two IMO
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:18 pm

Gilbert wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Pardon my bad english (i'm doing my best here confused ). What i mean is when there's a classical album that you waited a long time before finally adding it to your collection, although it should have been among the earliest albums to acquire.

Your English is fine. I just can't think of any album I consider a classic that I don't have. If it's a must have to me, then I already have it or it would be a "nice to have".

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:33 pm

I've picked some up I had on cassette and hadn't replaced yet. The Sentinel by Judas Priest is one.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:13 pm

King Crimson - In the Wake of Poseidon (Got it yesterday)
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:18 pm

I recently got Rush - Moving Pictures and Slayer's Reign In Blood.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:20 pm

Van Halen-s/t, II, 1984, 5150
Def Leppard-High n' Dry
MC5-Kick Out the Jams
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:47 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Van Halen-s/t, II, 1984, 5150

Be sure to get Women and Children First and Fair Warning too. Diver Down is good as well, but it's the weakest Roth-era disc.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:07 pm

I never owned AC/DC's BACK IN BLACK till about three years ago. Seriously. I suppose I should be ashamed of myself.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:51 pm

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:
I've picked some up I had on cassette and hadn't replaced yet. The Sentinel by Judas Priest is one.

That would be Defenders of the Faith.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:08 am

I still have classics missing. Black sabbath's early catalogue for exemple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:59 pm

Quote :

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:

That would be Defenders of the Faith.

Oh yeah, duh, here's my metal card back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:01 pm

Quote :
Oh yeah, duh, here's my metal card back.

Ewwww............why's it all sticky?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:04 pm

That's your hand, dillweed.

On subject, I also picked up 74 Jailbreak by AC/DC on cd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next