Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any1 seen Skid Row recently

Go down 
+9
nevermore
ohwellmonkey
tohostudios
Thrasher73
mc666
ultmetal
Cliffy
Fat Freddy
fingers
13 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Any1 seen Skid Row recently Empty
PostSubject: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:03 pm

Skid Row were here at my city last week but since they don't have Sebastain Bach I thought it wouldn't be worth seeing them. If Sebastain bach hadn't been in Skid Row they would of just thought of as just another mediocre hair metal band he really was the heart and soul of Skid Row. What are the post Sebastain bach albums like as well? What I meant to ask was I missing out?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:54 pm

I liked the last CD they did a couple of years back (REVOLUTIONS PER MINUTE) but I seem to be the only one.

For whatever that's worth.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 6:09 am

Quote :
What are the post Sebastain bach albums like as well?

Boring...
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 7:12 am

Yep...everything that Skid Row has put out sans Sebastian and everything Sebastian has put out sans the Skids has been totally and completely lame. Even Axl helping him sing on three tracks couldn't save the last Sebastian solo record...the songs just weren't there.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 7:42 am

Egos. You gotta love it.

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:42 am

IMO, the 2 Sebastian solo records are way better than anything SKID ROW has released w/ Solinger...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:56 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
IMO, the 2 Sebastian solo records are way better than anything SKID ROW has released w/ Solinger...
ditto. i think Angel Down especially had quite a few very strong tracks.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:16 am

Cliffy wrote:
Yep...everything that Skid Row has put out sans Sebastian and everything Sebastian has put out sans the Skids has been totally and completely lame. Even Axl helping him sing on three tracks couldn't save the last Sebastian solo record...the songs just weren't there.

I thought Angel Down was a pretty good album.Much better than the post Sebastian Skid Row
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:19 am

I hated Angel Down and sold it immediately. Bach wasn't so much singing as shouting IMO.

Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 4:04 pm

i kinda agree with this cliffy kat. and they both need each other
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 7:58 pm

ohwellmonkey wrote:
i kinda agree with this cliffy kat. and they both need each other

I agree. Neither has done very well without the other. They should put their egos aside and get back together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:17 pm

Angel Down was good but not as up there as Skid Row with Bach. Man, Slave still gets rocked loudly at my house.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 2:26 am

Do You think I was missing out not bothering to go and see Skid Row without Sebastian bach?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 8:29 am

fingers wrote:
Do You think I was missing out not bothering to go and see Skid Row without Sebastian bach?

I saw them opening for KISS a few years back and was no too impressed so I'd say no.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 8:36 am

Bach and Skid Row both suck without each other.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:08 pm

Don't expect a Skid Row reunion anytime soon...

Quote :

Sebastian Bach has dismissed any notion of a reunion with Skid Row.

Blabbermouth report that the frontman said: “Let me answer it as honestly as I can. You’re talking about… When Skid Row was last good… We broke up in ‘96, but I don’t even count that. I would say ‘91 was when we were last really a good band. I just don’t live in 1991 in 2010, and I’m talking about four other guys that I haven’t seen in 15 years.
“I think of Skid Row the same way you might think of picking up your high-school yearbook. You have affection for what happened 30 years ago, but you look at the yearbook and you go, ‘Oh, cool,’ and you shut it, and it’s today.”

I still think it will happen at some point. Big bands like this always do. Maybe not tomorrow or next year, but it will happen. Same with GnR. Egos eventually get pushed aside for a big paycheck.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 1:11 am

When they all realize they're going nowhere solo, they will reunite. They are so stubborn...
Back to top Go down
gitters
Metal novice
Metal novice
gitters

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 12:57 pm

You couldn't pay me to go see Skid Row without Sebastian Bach. As for the post Bas cds they aren't worth checking out. I listened to Thickskin once, and thought it was lame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any1 seen Skid Row recently   Any1 seen Skid Row recently Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any1 seen Skid Row recently
Page 1 of 1