Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently

Go down 
+12
Zdan
Addy
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Schbopo
jstate
XYZ
tohostudios
manny
RimShot
Gilbert
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:41 pm

WASP's self-titled debut.

I'm still missing most of the Led Zeppelin discography. I had everything on tape, but haven't gotten around to upgrading to individual cd's once I got the 4-cd box set years ago.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:39 am

AC/DC- Highway to Hell
A very strong album IMO
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:11 am

Iron Maiden's Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:55 am

I don't have any Led Zeppelin album in my collection. As for Deep purple, i only have a best-of.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:12 am

Annihilator - the debut and the second album

Picked them up very recently and AFTER "Set The World On Fire". Imagine that.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:28 am

Just ordered Forced Entry's Uncertain Future/The Shore.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:32 am

Troublezone wrote:
Just ordered Forced Entry's Uncertain Future/The Shore.

I do not mean to be rude but that is a must-have?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:47 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'm still missing most of the Led Zeppelin discography. I had everything on tape, but haven't gotten around to upgrading to individual cd's once I got the 4-cd box set years ago.

Unless you are die hard Led Zep fan, that boxset has almost everythin you need by them, also they are played on the radio so often, there is almost no need to buy their discography.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:50 am

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Unless you are die hard Led Zep fan, that boxset has almost everythin you need by them, also they are played on the radio so often, there is almost no need to buy their discography.

Yeah, that box set is all I have too and it's enough for me. The only thing missing is Livin' Lovin' Maid.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:59 am

I only just recently got Judas Priest's "Unleashed in the East" and Iron Maiden's "Somewhere in Time" Embarassed

Unleashed in the East - I don't see the big deal. It does not even sound live, more like studio magic - And the guitars aren't very "beefed up", especially not on tracks like Exciter - Such a shame, because there is barely any overdrive on the guitars on the original recording - It just takes so much away from an otherwise song. I'm guessing it's nostalgia for most people again - Sorry, back to the topic
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:17 am

Mglaffas81 wrote:
I only just recently got Judas Priest's "Unleashed in the East" and Iron Maiden's "Somewhere in Time" Embarassed

Unleashed in the East - I don't see the big deal. It does not even sound live, more like studio magic - And the guitars aren't very "beefed up", especially not on tracks like Exciter - Such a shame, because there is barely any overdrive on the guitars on the original recording - It just takes so much away from an otherwise song. I'm guessing it's nostalgia for most people again - Sorry, back to the topic

I personally love 'Unleased in the East' but over the years their has been lots of rumors of how 'live' this album really is, some critics have even dubbed it 'Unleased in the Studio'
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:18 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I have that on vinyl but it's the only W.A.S.P. that I have yet to upgrade to CD. I really oughta get on that one of these days.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:31 am

There are many albums considered by many to be classics that every metal fan should have that I didn't get until recently (last 1-2 years):

Judas Priest-Sad Wings, Hell Bent For Leather, Screaming For Vengeance and (when the mail delivers it) Sin After Sin
Dio-Holy Diver, The Last In Line, Sacred Heart, and Dream Evil
Aerosmith-Toys In The Attic and Rocks
Megadeth-Rust In Peace, Peace Sells, and Killing Is My Business
Anthrax-Persistence Of Time and Spreading The Disease
Rush-Fly By Night
Van Halen-s/t and 1984
AC/DC-Dirty Deeds

I have a few more and many more to come.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:07 am

Which reminds me:

I finally got my Megadeth collection up to speed and have everything up to Rust In Piece on CD.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:09 pm

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Because I had everything on tape at one point, I feel the need to upgrade them all to cd, eventually, even if it's only to fill out my collection. But I'm in no rush to do it.

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 12:36 pm

Ought to be able to find most of Led Zep used.

Quote :
I only just recently got Judas Priest's "Unleashed in the East" and Iron Maiden's "Somewhere in Time

There is some nostalgia in Unleashed and there's almost no way that's from a concert unless they went back in and overdubbed everything.

SIT-a definite must have. You are nearer to complete.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:52 am

Faith No More's The Real Thing. I can't stop listening to this album.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:32 am

Possessed-Seven Churches. Just got it last year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently   Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Must-have albums you didn't acquire until very recently
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2